Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Firehawk is offline Pro Gamer

Icon3 Suggestion: Bringing a little more realism to the pets of Free Realms!

I personally think that pets are too loyal to their owners no matter what their stats are in game. Here's how I think that can be improved.

You know the pet happiness bar? It's the yellow one at the top of a pet's stats, next to a smiley face symbol. I call it the happiness bar. This bar goes down depending on how well you take care of your pet, according to the other three bars in its stats.

I think that if this happiness bar is all the way up or almost full (more than halfway), the pet should act exactly the same as they always do now: always do what they're told and follow you.

BUT!

If the bar is really low or empty (less than halfway), the pet should almost completely disobey its owner. It should refuse to do tricks, run short distances away from the owner, and sometimes not follow the owner everywhere he/she goes.

This could work for the /callpet command as well. As of now, it's just an animation for your character that does nothing relating to pets. I think that it would work quite nicely with my idea, because sometimes a pet is far away from you even if their stats are all the way up. I think that when a pet's stats are full or almost full (more than halfway), the pet should come closer to its owner when they do the /callpet command. If the stats are really low or empty (less than halfway), the pet should act the same as it does now when its owner does the /callpet command: Just stand there and do nothing, without coming over to the owner.

I know it might sound kind of mean, especially since the game is based around a young audience. But this idea would cause pet owners to want to take better care of their pets if they don't already so.

Or maybe I'm making a mistake with this thread, and pets already act like this or similar to this... I never let my pets' stats get much lower than full.

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestion: Bringing a little more realism to the pets of Free Realms!

This is actually a VERY good Idea, fiah hawk... So very true. Since the pet Trainer job has been obsolete, many pets have been er, not doing much these days except actually just provide speed... which is nothing. SOE needs to make these pets disobey, cuddle with others (That sounded suggestive, so dont ask) or their owners, And AT LEAST play with SOMETHING, like a chew toy. You get what I'm sayin?

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestion: Bringing a little more realism to the pets of Free Realms!

Yeah, SO incredibly true!

They should make some of the more dangerous pets (AKA: Dragons Tigers, T-rex, and Raptors) when they are treated badly start to BITE the owners, or atleast somehow appear to "Hurt" the owner. (Biting, pushing, or scratching) like the Snowball effect each time they do. Then, when the owner treats the pet better, they behave better

I also think that they should also do minor pet housing decor. Kind of like food bouls, and you can choose whatever food in it(Fish, meat, carrots, or just plain dog/cat food), litter boxes, or somewhat a chew toy or something...

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE J√ĄGER

Amber Oakstone is offline Amateur Gamer

So true. I was around since day 1, and i just... gave up on my pet, only take it ou speed. i dont even remember the last time i fed my pet, and if i were my owl, then i would seriously hate me. but no matter what, the happiness goes up and i run fast. they are way to loyal...
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what girls are made of; forget the sugar and spice.
    Amber Oakstone
    <Insiders>
    Server 1