Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Default [Suggestion] Add a navi breadcrumb to the bottom of the template

A reader is naturally at the bottom of a page when they look for the breadcrumb. I set my profile to display 40 (max) post per page, so by the time I get to the bottom of a page, the breadcrumb is a long ways to scroll back up.

I can use the back button when a post is a single page, but many post are multiple pages, in which case the breadcrumb is the fastest way to return to the current forum.

It's a small thing, and only a single navi breadcrumb at the top seems popular on many forums, but a second one at the bottom of a page would be more natural.

(this is actually post 11... but it seems like a useful suggestion. This is a great site with a lot of features available I don't see on phpBB... I am actually not very familiar with vBulletin, the wysiwig editor is nifty)

note: can you increase the user option of forty post per page to something much higher? Only for user options... a person setting that has a good idea what they hope to accomplish.

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: [Suggestion] Add a navi breadcrumb to the bottom of the template

... Ummm? What? Something about Bread Crumbs? lol
    IGN: James Bigpeach

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

I don't get it O_O

deving1 is offline Pro Gamer

i thought your were talking about the legend of zelda! XD

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

For those that say they "don't get it," She is talking about the navigation bar at the top of this page. By clicking on the "Rules & Suggestions" tab there, you are taken directly back to the Rules & Suggestions forum where you selected this thread from. All she wants to do is have that feature displayed at the bottom of this page as well so that you can select it without having to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page. I have seen this feature on several other forums. It's a small thing but, I find it to be a very useful and user friendly feature.

@Kasrah:
    I do not care for vBulletin but, I seem to be in the minority on that issue. We had a thread about vBulletin when FRI changed over to it and I was one of the few voices of dissent. It does have a lot of features but, is not nearly as user friendly as the previous display. If I remember correctly the old display had the feature you are asking for. I'm not sure if vBulletin can be configured in that manner but, it would be nice if they could do so. Perhaps staff will chime in on whether or not such a feature is possible to implement.

Good suggestion. Layla likes.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

zois is offline Pro Gamer

WHAT?hey who stole my taco?
    Be yourself.Everyone else is taken.
    IGN: Max Humor
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ild-now-42274/

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zois View Post
    WHAT?hey who stole my taco?

Sooo off topic.
    Perhaps someone stole your taco because they could not find their breadcrumbs.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

There is a "quick navigation" drop down menu at the bottom of the thread - right above the quick reply box. I'm not sure if that will help you in any matter, but it does allow you to navigate a little faster on the forums. You can even jump from section to section using it (somebody help to rules & suggestion, etc).