Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Default Something about the report system...

Okay, recently in FR, I've actually noticed someone using the Report System in an unusual way. THEN more people came up with it, and started doing it... Well apparently, Someone started a party in Sanctuary, and someone started having to keep false reporting people or NO REASON. Then it soon spread THROUGHOUT Sanctuary, and even into the Memorial Caverns! And there was no safe place in Sanctuary... Only if you were in a Combat Zone, or if AWAY from Sanctuary.

Let's give a moment of silence to those who lost their FR characters during the Sanctuary Massacre.

Moment's end.

So, let me go ahead and tell you this right now.

Guys, do NOT, EVER, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, falsely report people. Trust me.

WHY to not do that?

Well, if you false report, then the reportee won't know a thing he's done that's wrong, and he is STILL out. And to those who False Report,

QUIT FALSE REPORTING GUYS, IT'S NOT COOL, EVER, AND IT WILL ONLY GET YOU INTO MUCH MORE TROUBLE. This damages the safety of both the game AND the community severely, which then breaks up the community itself, leading to total chaos.

YEAH, IT. DOES. THAT. I've been a member of a couple communities, and idiotic newbs there keep false reporting stuff at the second they see it. Honestly, I hope this doesn't happen here. False Reporting does not lead to a good life to you and the false reporter.

~Rule that probably should be in for the sake of FR's future, from the Hybrid, to you.
    Last edited by Seargent Demolisher; 01-10-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Misspelled title.

Inua is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Something about the report system...

Well, I thought whatever they reported. The referee or someone apart of FRI would read it and check if it was bad or not.
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

Scar Soria is offline Explorer

Sounds like something really bad happened, but whatever happened i totally agree with u Sgt.
    Kira Yamato: The Ultimate Coordinator

Keith Silvernight is offline Master Gamer

I still think the report button doesn't do anything. Sending a ticket is the only reason smiley_roll.png ((I have never false-reported anyone, but when I report a rule breaker, nobody comes - ever))

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

"Let's give a moment of silence to those who lost their FR characters during the Sanctuary Massacre."

What characters?
    What massacre?

I have seen countless threads throught the pages of the Official Forums, Mystic Mayhem, and FRI, that complain about SOE, NOT taking action against reported players, due to a lack of evidence. I find it very difficult to believe that SOE would ban a large number of players for no other reason than they were reported. I have no idea where you obtained this information from, but I can assure you that SOE is not in the habit of banning reported players when there is no evidence to support the reporting players complaint. You are accusing SOE of taking hasty and draconian actions against innocent players without due cause or evidence, but have not supplied any evidence of your own to support your claims. If you have any evidence at all that SOE has commited such actions, I and most other members of this forum would dearly like to see it. If you do not have any evidence to support your claims, than this thread will do little more than create a climate of fear and mistrust among your fellow members without due cause. I would ask that you either elaborate upon your assertations, or retract them.

Having said that; I support your plea to your fellow players to avoid reporting other players for false or petty reasons. Developing a history of submitting false reports is more likely to put the reporters account in danger, than it is anyone they have falsely reported. I go to FR to get away from daily pressures and confrontations, not to engage in new ones. The purpose of coming to FR is to have fun. Let's put our conflicts aside, and enjoy our time here together.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    "Let's give a moment of silence to those who lost their FR characters during the Sanctuary Massacre."

What characters?
    What massacre?

I have seen countless threads throught the pages of the Official Forums, Mystic Mayhem, and FRI, that complain about SOE, NOT taking action against reported players, due to a lack of evidence. I find it very difficult to believe that SOE would ban a large number of players for no other reason than they were reported. I have no idea where you obtained this information from, but I can assure you that SOE is not in the habit of banning reported players when there is no evidence to support the reporting players complaint. You are accusing SOE of taking hasty and draconian actions against innocent players without due cause or evidence, but have not supplied any evidence of your own to support your claims. If you have any evidence at all that SOE has commited such actions, I and most other members of this forum would dearly like to see it. If you do not have any evidence to support your claims, than this thread will do little more than create a climate of fear and mistrust among your fellow members without due cause. I would ask that you either elaborate upon your assertations, or retract them.

Having said that; I support your plea to your fellow players to avoid reporting other players for false or petty reasons. Developing a history of submitting false reports is more likely to put the reporters account in danger, than it is anyone they have falsely reported. I go to FR to get away from daily pressures and confrontations, not to engage in new ones. The purpose of coming to FR is to have fun. Let's put our conflicts aside, and enjoy our time here together.
    Thanks for your info. But I have seen this a HUGE amount of times in RuneScape (As well as in other games, and websites, including FlipNote Hatena, and I wont talk about them because it would be off this topic), and obviously, I wondered this should be covered in FRI and FR as well, because I DEEPLY feel that FR would crash and INSTANTANEOUSLY die when there have been False Reports... And the Sanctuary Massacre thing, I actually mixed up with the "Falador Massacre" in RuneScape.

Anyways, You are right in what you have said, long live Layla, our new Chimeran leader!

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Ah, No big, and thank you for the clarification.
    I understand your concern, but from what I've seen this is one issue I think FR has a handle on. I can think of several other issues I could take them to task for, but this one I'm not really worried about.

Ummm... Chimeran leader?
    Thanks... I think...
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

What I have a problem with is that whenever I report a player... nothing happens. I see someone with a rather dirty mouth or saying mean things *pushes report button* Nothing happens... *push it again* Nothing happens.. and so on. I gave up on reporting people. xD

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis
    Carroll

Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer

well, I think the report button DOES work, but I think it does have to find some sort of evidence. EXAMPLE:
    I was at a party once, and I was still a newb. I was low on monney, started using /yell and started spamming to sell something. Then, FR disconnected me. I think it was because people started reporting me.
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

misterfiredude is offline Pro Gamer

I think SOE would be smart enough to ban people without some sort of evidence. =/

We do not forgive
    We do not forget
    Expect us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast