Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Title: "Reviving" Old Threads

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

Default "Reviving" Old Threads

I read "The Briarwood News" thread today and someone said not to revive old threads. My question is why shouldn't we? On most other forums I visit, the rules say not to start threads on subjects that have already been talked about and to use the search function. I just don't see the point of not reviving or locking old threads.
    Last edited by GriffinSilentgulf; 09-04-2012 at 05:59 PM.

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: "Reviving" Old Threads

Its rather annoying for other/new users to bring back most of the old threads, because then the newer ones get pushed back. Those topics have been said and done, and left the grow old and hopefully not brought back.
    My adventure ends here.

Before today, the Briarwood News thread was last updated in June, which really isn't that old to me. Old would be a thread from early 2011 at the absolute earliest in my eyes.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

The only place where I'd care about reviving threads is in the Market, and rarely do I ever see people revive old market threads.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming Trident View Post
    The only place where I'd care about reviving threads is in the Market, and rarely do I ever see people revive old market threads.
    I revive my shop every time I have something new.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by DespicableDani View Post
    Its rather annoying for other/new users to bring back most of the old threads, because then the newer ones get pushed back. Those topics have been said and done, and left the grow old and hopefully not brought back.
    Not all old threads have been "said and done" to everyone, They might not have even had an account before they read something, or were gone for a week and missed a post that was really cool, and found it while browsing a month or so later. Old threads can be new to someone who has never seen it, I agree with The Flaming Trident about Free Market threads, or Look What I Got! threads might not be necessary to post a Congratulations! or: Oh Cool! on a year later.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

SarahUnderdream is offline Pro Gamer

I was thinking about making a thread for this a little earlier today.

I find it rude and a little ignorant when people type "Don't revive old threads." I'm not sure why I think of it that way, but I do. You should be able to 'revive' threads from anywhere except the Free Market section, as long as they aren't over 5-6 months old.

Just my opinion.

IGN: Surrah
    Twitter | Tumblr

Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer

This rule was created to stop newbies from creating fluff posts on old threads.
    For example, someone posting "oh thts cool" on a thread explaining farming, which is over a year old.
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

xAuroraSweetskaterx is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by SarahUnderdream View Post
    I was thinking about making a thread for this a little earlier today.

I find it rude and a little ignorant when people type "Don't revive old threads." I'm not sure why I think of it that way, but I do. You should be able to 'revive' threads from anywhere except the Free Market section, as long as they aren't over 5-6 months old.

Just my opinion.
    I agree with you Sarah

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Is this even a rule? I thought it was just something people on here disliked.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast