Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Request: Revision of WI rules that are on FRI

I see the http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...php?do=cfrules (Forum main rules area) is old and has a somewhat webkinz insider type and style to them. I do figure this is being worked on and could take awhile to edit for FRI standards or there may be other reasons to it and it might not be as easy as writing the rules over from WI (If it is that easy I wouldn't mind re-doing them, LOL). I just felt this had to be brought to attention for the next big thing for FRI to change :-).

Obvious points so others understand what i am mentioning:

NO TRADING OUTSIDE OF THE GIFT EXCHANGE - In order to protect our members from scams, we have a special area set up for exchanging items called "The Gift Exchange". No trading or exchanging of any kind is to occur outside of our Gift Exchange. This includes user-hosted contests, etc. There will be no begging for items or asking people for items in their pictures.
    - FRI has "the free market" not "the gift exchange"

How are the User Stars determined?
    Webkinz get this color star:

Gifted users get this color star:

Gift Gurus get this color star:

Moderators get this bar:

Global Moderators get this bar:

Administrators get this bar:

Founders get this bar:

The number of stars is determined by the number of posts. We've changed it because people had ALOT of posts and nowhere to go up, so this is how it works:
    Webkinz (the others have same post count requirements, just different star colors)
    10 - 99 posts :
    100-499 posts :
    500-999 posts :
    1000-1999 posts :
    2000-4999 posts :
    5000-9999 posts :
    10000-19999 posts :
    20000-29999 posts :
    30000-39999 posts :
    40000-49999 posts :
    50000-59999 posts :
    - Your first star is rewarded at 100 posts and then from there (Also it is unknown if those are true star colors, we would love confirmation). Also, there should be a "FRI consultant" bar. Gift guru's should be removed?

As i have mentioned, sorry if you are already working on this (Which I know you must be) but thank you for taking the time to read it.

EDIT: Over the course of this thread's life, I made this:

THE BIG RULES
    NO SCAMMING - We don't tolerate scamming here on FRI, please don't try it! No asking for people's passwords or giving out codes, or anything else that could lead to a member being scammed. If someone asks for your password, notify an admin/mod immediately!!

NO TRADING OUTSIDE OF THE THE FREE MARKET - In order to protect our members from scams, we have a special area set up for exchanging items called "The free market". No trading or exchanging of any kind is to occur outside of our Free Market. This includes user-hosted contests, etc. There will be no chatting, calling dibs on a item, or bullying someone to give you the item in the free market.

NO RUDENESS OR BAD BEHAVIOR - FRI is a community about Free Realms for everyone to have fun. Please respect your fellow members and treat them as you would like to be treated yourself!

PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE - We've done our best to set up categories and forums for you to post in. When you have something to post, check where you're posting it and make sure that it's the proper place. For example, if you have a question about using this website, post it in "FRI Rules, Regulations, Support & Suggestions". And, if you have a question about something and it needs to be solved try and place it in the "Somebody help!" section of the forums

YOU ARE OVER 13 OR HAVE PERMISSION - We want to keep all of you safe and we want to make sure that your parents or guardian understand what membership at FRI means. Please refrain from posting your e-mail address or any identifying information such as your name or where you live. If anyone asks this information from you, notify an administrator or moderator IMMEDIATELY. By agreeing to these rules, you certify that you are either: 1) over the age of 13, or 2) have your parents' or guardian's approval to participate as a member on the FreeRealmsInsider Forum.

THE FAQS

Moderators get this bar:

FRI Consultants get this bar:

Founders get this bar:

The number of stars is determined by the number of posts. We've changed it because people had A LOT of posts and nowhere to go up, so this is how it works:

0 - 9 posts : No stars.
    10 - 99 posts :
    100-499 posts :
    500-999 posts :
    1000-1999 posts :
    2000-4999 posts :
    5000-9999 posts :
    10000+ posts:

How do I create a new thread?
    In order to create a new thread, just go to the forum that you want to create a new thread in and click the "new thread" button on the upper right hand side. A picture is shown below with the button circled.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 666x231.

How do I create a poll?
    YOU MAY ONLY CREATE POLLS IN THE "HEAD TO THE POLLZ" SECTION

The system will not allow you to create polls outside of this section!

To create a poll, take a look at THIS (How to: Post a poll on Free Realms Insider!) thread for a guide.

How do I take screenshots / post pictures?

If you are on Windows, to learn to take screenshots and post pictures on FreeRealmsInsider Forums, please visit Webkinzlover525's great guide!

If you are on a Mac, find something you want to take a picture of, then press "Shift+Apple+4" You will see your mouse pointer turn into crosshairs. Click on the upper-left corner of what you want to take a picture of, and drag a box around it. You will hear a camera sound and the screenshot will appear on your desktop as "Picture 1" . Then, just upload it to WI, with the instructions below, as it is already in .PNG format!

If you have images that are already in .GIF, .JPG or .PNG format, you can upload them directly to WI so that they will appear at the bottom of your message with the "zoom" function. In order to do this, just make your reply or new topic, and below the typing window, click "manage attachments" and upload your images!

ALL ABOUT Reputation!

What is the green/red rectangle just below top right corner of a post for?
    This is a user's reputation and is just a way of keeping track of the most helpful people on the forum.
    If you feel a member has been helpful to you or others, click on the green "rep" button above the small "reputation light"

Giving Reputation
    There is agreen "REP" button on the top right corner of a post:

To add to a person's ‘Reputation’, click on the green "REP" button. A ‘Reputation’ box will open and you can type your reason for thanking the user.

If you're helpful on the forum, we're sure you'll get them very shortly if you don't already have them! Don't forget to give them out!!

Checking who added to your reputation
    You can check your (15) most recent additions by clicking "my controls" button near the top of the forum (Looks like two gears red and yellow) And that will bring down a list of places on the forum that are part of your UserCP. If you click on the one that says "User CP Home" it will guide you to the area that shows recent reputation given to you.

I don't have any, can you give me some?
    We don't allow begging of any kind here on FRI, and that includes begging for Reputation. We've already taken the system away to change it because of constant begging and we don't want to have to remove it altogether. Spend some time here, help a few people out and people will give them to you on their own accord.

Can I offer Reputation to encourage people to answer my threads?
    NO. We've seen a lot of this and the problem comes when someone forgets to give those promised reputation and people start posting "Why didn't you give me the reputation?" or ask us why someone didn't follow through. People will answer your thread, faster than you even imagined. If you get an answer that helps, feel free to give them reputation, but no offers anymore, PLEASE! Also, no "I only need x more reputation, please help me" threads. Any threads or posts the offer/beg for reputation will be deleted.

Reporting Posts
    Reporting a post
    vBulletin has a great way to report posts and bring them to our attention. It's the "red 'Report' button" on the top right corner of a post with the green "REP" button. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, click that red button, fill out the reason and click send.

Here is a picture of the button:

This will alert whatever mod or admin that is on and we can get to it as quickly as possible. This works much better than PM'ing a mod or admin, as anyone can pick up the "ticket" and get to work! Please read How and when to report a thread. If you are wondering more about reporting a post or for what reasons you can report a thread/post for.

More Frequently Asked Questions can be found in our FAQ section found at the top of the page!

Please read the Forum Rules - Please READ before posting! page you start posting!!
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 11-06-2009 at 02:36 PM.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Request: Revision of WI rules that are on FRI

Yeah, when I first joined, I was deeply confused with the rules since they seemed to be on the wrong forum.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Cyn Raindrop is offline Pro Gamer

ROFL.... I guess we have been to busy levelling our characters and fooling around in game

Yah... most of us all came over from WI (webkinzinsider) and used it as a template to start us off here... tweaking things to better fit FR.... this one has completely slipped through the cracks ... I mean come on... I wonder when the last time one of us read the rules ... probably when we joined WI???

Too funny.... thanks for pointing this out. Please do flag anything that doesn't quite make sense due to the fact that it relates to WI or BI instead of FR....

Edits are made in blue~ lol

THE BIG RULES
    NO SCAMMING - We don't tolerate scamming here on FRI, please don't try it! No asking for people's passwords or giving out codes, or anything else that could lead to a member being scammed. If someone asks for your password, notify an admin/mod immediately!!

NO TRADING OUTSIDE OF THE THE FREE MARKET - In order to protect our members from scams, we have a special area set up for exchanging items called "The free market". No trading or exchanging of any kind is to occur outside of our Free Market. This includes user-hosted contests, etc. There will be no chatting, calling dibs on a item, or bullying someone to give you the item in the free market.

NO RUDENESS OR BAD BEHAVIOR - FRI is a community about Free Realms for everyone to have fun. Please respect your fellow members and treat them as you would like to be treated yourself!

PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE - We've done our best to set up categories and forums for you to post in. When you have something to post, check where you're posting it and make sure that it's the proper place. For example, if you have a question about using this website, post it in "FRI Rules, Regulations, Support & Suggestions". and, if you have a question about something and it needs to be solved try and place it in the "Somebody help!" section of the forums

YOU ARE OVER 13 OR HAVE PERMISSION - We want to keep all of you safe and we want to make sure that your parents or guardian understand what membership at FRI means. Please refrain from posting your e-mail address or any identifying information such as your name or where you live. If anyone asks this information from you, notify an administrator or moderator IMMEDIATELY. By agreeing to these rules, you certify that you are either: 1) over the age of 13, or 2) have your parents' or guardian's approval to participate as a member on the FreeRealmsInsider Forum.

THE FAQS

There are no "gifted users" on FRI... lol

Moderators get this bar:

FRI consultants get this bar:

Founders get this bar:

The number of stars is determined by the number of posts. We've changed it because people had ALOT of posts and nowhere to go up, so this is how it works: Edited out because: This part had made no sense to me... ever.

0 - 9 posts : No stars.
    10 - 99 posts :
    100-499 posts :
    500-999 posts :
    1000-1999 posts :
    2000-4999 posts :
    5000-9999 posts :

10000+ posts:

How do I create a new thread?
    In order to create a new thread, just go to the forum that you want to create a new thread in and click the "new thread" button on the upper left hand side. A picture is shown below with the button circled.

How do I create a poll?
    YOU MAY ONLY CREATE POLLS IN THE "HEAD TO THE POLLS" SECTION

The system will not allow you to create polls outside of this section!

To create a poll, take a look at THIS (How to: Post a poll on Free Realms Insider!) thread for a guide.

How do I take screenshots / post pictures?

(I left this area alone for fear of doing something wrong...)

If you are on Windows, to learn to take screenshots and post pictures on FreeRealmsInsider Forums, please visit Webkinzlover525's great guide!

If you are on a Mac, find something you want to take a picture of, then press "Shift+Apple+4" You will see your mouse pointer turn into crosshairs. Click on the upper-left corner of what you want to take a picture of, and drag a box around it. You will hear a camera sound and the screenshot will appear on your desktop as "Picture 1" . Then, just upload it to WI, with the instructions below, as it is already in .PNG format!

If you have images that are already in .GIF, .JPG or .PNG format, you can upload them directly to WI so that they will appear at the bottom of your message with the "zoom" function. In order to do this, just make your reply or new topic, and below the typing window, click "manage attachments" and upload your images!

ALL ABOUT Reputation!

What is the green/red rectangle just below top right corner of a post for?
    This is a user's reputation and is just a way of keeping track of the most helpful people on the forum. If you feel a member has been helpful to you or others, click on the green "rep" button above the small "reputation light"

Giving Reputation
    There is a green "REP" button on the top right corner of a post:

To add to a person's ‘Reputation’, click on the green "REP" button. A ‘Reputation’ box will open and you can type your reason for thanking the user.

If you're helpful on the forum, we're sure you'll get them very shortly if you don't already have them! Don't forget to give them out!!

Checking who added to your reputation
    You can check your (15) most recent additions by clicking "my controls" button near the top of the forum (Looks like two gears red and yellow) And that will bring down a list of places on the forum that are part of your UserCP. If you click on the one that says "User CP Home" it will guide you to the area that shows recent reputation given to you.

I don't have any, can you give me some?
    We don't allow begging of any kind here on FRI, and that includes begging for Reputation. We've already taken the system away to change it because of constant begging and we don't want to have to remove it altogether. Spend some time here, help a few people out and people will give them to you on their own accord.

Can I offer Reputation to encourage people to answer my threads?
    NO. We've seen a lot of this and the problem comes when someone forgets to give those promised reputation and people start posting "Why didn't you give me the reputation?" or ask us why someone didn't follow through. People will answer your thread, faster than you even imagined. If you get an answer that helps, feel free to give them reputation, but no offers anymore, PLEASE! Also, no "I only need x more reputation, please help me" threads. Any threads or posts the offer/beg for reputation will be deleted.

Reporting Posts
    Reporting a post
    vBulletin has a great way to report posts and bring them to our attention. It's the "red 'Report' button" on the top right corner of a post with the green "REP" button. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, click that red button, fill out the reason and click send.

Here is a picture of the button:

This will alert whatever mod or admin that is on and we can get to it as quickly as possible. This works much better than PM'ing a mod or admin, as anyone can pick up the "ticket" and get to work! Please read How and when to report a thread. If you are wondering more about reporting a post or for what reasons you can report a thread/post for.

More Frequently Asked Questions can be found in our FAQ section found at the top of the page!

Please read the Forum Rules - Please READ before posting! page you start posting!!
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 09-23-2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Added in the new rank!

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Cyn Raindrop is offline Pro Gamer

Wow... great work Monkies!!!! Awesome of you to take the time to do this!!

Thank you Cyn

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Wow monkies, That is apsalutelly extrodinairy!!!! I made a thread in the past few weeks about the user stars, and that answers my question. thank you! Kade, please take the time to change the rules section to that, exept remove the blue parts and maybe revise it a little bit, as long as it's still accurate.

moyinator is offline Master Gamer

monkies,i think u know more than the administrators

(no offense )
    Shut up and eat your pie.
    All lead you to epicness.

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Maybe Monkies should be upgraded like daddio got upgraded! lol.

moyinator is offline Master Gamer

I gave him rep saying that ****
    Shut up and eat your pie.
    All lead you to epicness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast