Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Layla Littlenymph
  • 1 Post By Layla Littlenymph

Title: Question for a staff member.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Question for a staff member.

Is there any standard for posting a site link in the Guilds forum?
    If I find a particular site to be offensive, or unsuited to the member base of these forums, should I report the OP of that thread to bring it to the staffs attention?
    Should I pm a staff member directly, and bypass the normal reporting process?

I enjoy viewing the various fan sites and guild forums that FR members create, and have contributed to more than a few of them. Usually, I find little to concern me, but there is one site linked in the guild forums that is unsuited to our members.

For the sake of not starting an arguement, I will not say which guild forum it is, but I do not think it is a good move on our part to allow such a forum to be linked with a famly oriented site like FRI.
    When visiting it, you are blocked from being able to view it untill AFTER you join and provide your personal data. Once you join and enter the site, you will find that it is totaly unmoderated in terms of language allowed, has an incredible amount of vulger and violent content, and freely allows it's members to flame other sites, guilds, and players by name, without restraint.
    In other words, this site celebrates and encourages the very content that FRI would never allow to be posted on its own pages.

I believe in free speech, but I also believe that free speech should be exercised with responsibility. This site believes in free speech without restraint. Is this really something we want to be associated with?

I have been through the rules of FRI and have not seen anything that applies directly to this issue. What is the best way for me to go about protecting my fellow members from harmful and hateful sites like this one?
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 07-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    zachpuppy likes this.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Question for a staff member.

At first, what you said went through one ear and out the other, theoretically, but then, I stopped and thought about it. Then, it clicked as to whom you're speaking of. Now, I'm no staff member, but I know for a fact that if such a site allows and encourages violence, vulgar language, etc., then we should not have the link to the website on this site. The best thing you could do is make an active staff member (Ashley, Annie, or Jillybeans) aware via PM.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celestina View Post
    At first, what you said went through one ear and out the other, theoretically, but then, I stopped and thought about it. Then, it clicked as to whom you're speaking of. Now, I'm no staff member, but I know for a fact that if such a site allows and encourages violence, vulgar language, etc., then we should not have the link to the website on this site. The best thing you could do is make an active staff member (Ashley, Annie, or Jillybeans) aware via PM.
    Yes, this may be the best thing to do at the moment.
    But, you know, we do need to get some restrictions for what links are posted here on Free Realms Insiders.
    This probably doesn't help much, but thought I'd put my opinion out there.
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

You are correct, Layla. Any site like this is not allowed to be advertised on here. If you see a thread advertising a guild website, or any other website, that could be harmful to our users in any way, please report it to us immediately, and we can take care of it. You can also PM one of us if you need to provide more information.
    So please report the thread and we will take action immediately concerning this issue. Thanks for bringing our attention to this and helping keep our site safe for all of its users! =)
    ~Annie

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Thanks, Annie, and you as well Celestina, and Gabby.

I will just use the report feature, and not bother you with a pm at this time.
    I'm sure you already have as much of that as you need.
    zachpuppy likes this.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>