Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

EOJcollectors is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Price Check 2.0 Suggestion

It seems like someone (who has the time) should put a master list together with prices. I know prices move up an down, but this would save people alot of time who want to know a ballpart asap.

Pinktree2010 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Price Check 2.0 Suggestion

That's a nice idea, but that would take tons of time if you wanted to get every clothing, color, and price.
    Treeble-tastic!

-Limited IG time due to work-

EOJcollectors is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinktree2010 View Post
    That's a nice idea, but that would take tons of time if you wanted to get every clothing, color, and price.
    Yeah alot of work all at once, but if someone just pieced it together from each quote it would not be so bad as doing it all at once. Over time it would build itself.

Pinktree2010 is offline Master Gamer

Well hats off to anyone who pulls it off!
    Treeble-tastic!

-Limited IG time due to work-

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

When we first opened the free market, we had considered creating a price list. However, having tons of experience with it (see the WIGEV we maintain at Webkinz Insider: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/wiki/W...(WIGEV)_Guide))http://www.webkinzinsider.com/wiki/W...(WIGEV)_Guide)

We knew this could also take away from the fun of trading. It makes for a very structured experience and values are often put way ahead of what you may like for an item. It's also a ton of work to maintain, and the values are never perfect in everyone's mind.

A value guide is totally achieveable. But we would have to ask... How much would it alter trading? The values of items are up on the air often, and changing based on the popularity of the item. I can tell you after working on the WIGEV that flexibility is removed with fix price ranges. People also become very focused on making a trade more about values, and less about items the other person may want. iE: "I know you want xyz. But you would get a better resale out of abc."

If a value guide is designed, the rules would also change. The Free Market is flexible because of the value system, among other things. We would be forced to alter the rules to reflect the new values, and that may effect our stance n trade threads vs auctions. It would be a big change, not just value wise.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't like this idea. It does take away from the fun of trading a lot. A whole lot.

Epik R0ckZ is offline Pro Gamer

Nice Idea
    Last edited by Epik R0ckZ; 07-05-2012 at 12:54 PM.

IGN: Epik R0ckZ, Thanks to Kayopuro for the avvie and siggy.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

These parts stood out the most to me.

and the values are never perfect in everyone's minds.
    A value guide is totally achieveable. But we would have to ask... How much would it alter trading? The values of items are up on the air often, and changing based on the popularity of the item.
    The Free Market is flexible because of the value system, among other things. We would be forced to alter the rules to reflect the new values, and that may effect our stance on trade threads vs auctions.
    It would be interesting and sometimes helpful to have a value guide in FRI, but there would always be arguments. The fact that there are no fixed prices on items would always cause arguments with people who would try to make a guide. People would also be biased towards certain prices if something like this was created and placing your own prices on items that you're selling would be argued. This means that the seller probably wouldn't get nearly as much as they're looking for, considering a lot of people overprice things. I've bought overpriced items before because I wanted them; if someone is set on buying something, they sometimes spend a bit too much to get said item. ;)

What I'm trying to say here is the value of things change depending on how much someone really wants them. I've seen items like sports shades been priced from 2 mill to 8 mill. That's a pretty large price gap.

Also, the fact that items go up and down in value depending on what's in the game would cause the creator of the thread to do a lot of editing. Sometimes the mystery of the price value of an item makes trading fun. I've been incredbly excited before to get an amazing deal on an item I wanted, and I've been a bit bummed out for paying a bit too much (but still happy to get the item I wanted!). My vote would definitely be a no to the value guide idea.

Great idea though! 8).
    Last edited by Zalesana; 07-05-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a few things.