Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title: Pet Sell Back

Poetic_Raven is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Pet Sell Back

This has probably been suggested before but I haven't seen it so I thought I would just post it anyways.

I think we should have the option to sell back unwanted pets to the store. Not that I don't love all my furry (or not so furry) friends but sometimes you just get to where you have too many or maybe you bought a pet and later decided you didn't really want it.

I realize this could be more difficult with SC but at least the pet pals purchased with coins should be something we can sell back to the store if we choose to. Obviously we would be selling them for a much lower price than we paid, as we do with any items we sell back to the store, but I still would appreciate having the option.

For SC pets perhaps they could make the pet adoption centers not only sell but also buy pets to be resold to new owners. Or offer a trade system, you bring in your pet to the adoption center and it gives you a percentage discount of a pet you can buy new. Like trading in a car, LOL!

I personally think we should be able to trade SC items for other SC items in-game,
    including pets but that hasn't happened yet so these were my thoughts of other options.

Although, the thing I would think is more likely to happen is being able to at least sell back the coin purchased pet pals. That would help me out a lot so I didn't get lost in a crowd of pets while I'm in my lots, lol.

" I Became Insane, With Long Intervals Of Horrible Sanity. "
    - Edgar Allen Poe -

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Pet Sell Back

[QUOTE=Poetic_Raven;501422]This has probably been suggested before but I haven't seen it so I thought I would just post it anyways.QUOTE]
    I wrote a thread on this same subject a few months back, but my emphasis was on unwanted housing as well as pets. I'm glad to see someone else bring this subject up. When I posted my thread it did not get much response. I hope yours does better my friend.

I fully support this idea. The only way to remove unwanted items from the game at this point is to do a ticket request to have the items deleted from our account. Although this method will work, it pains me to throw away items that in some cases I paid SC for. I see no good reason why we can not trade all items that belong to our accounts in the free market. Could FR at least allow us to place excess pets in inventory like all other items. I have no idea what the ideal solution to this problem would be, but I would love to see FR take this suggestion under consideration.
    Sadly; When I posted my thread, most players responding to it did not see this as a problem.

PS. To whom it may concern......

For Sale: Small Wilds house for sale by owner (I wish). Good neighborhood. Short teleporting commute to all areas of FR. Tax free district. Great starter home for single players. Serious inquires only.

Free to good home: Soccer ball pet. Responds to the name Oddball. Black and white pure pedigree. Housebroken, neutered, In good health with current vaccination records. Good natured. Great with children.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 10-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Thanks for the support Layla!
    I hope really do they implement this in the future.

I was able to have a pet I got from a code removed by writing in a ticket but was told they do not remove pets/items that were purchased because people may change their minds. I was also told that even removing the 'free' pet was not something they would be able to do in the future.

And I can understand that they don't want to get stuck in the middle of "I know I said I wanted it gone but now I want it back" type issues and that is exactly why WE should have the option to sell back, trade in, or trade our pets and items.

And like I said before, as far as possible trading goes, if they are worried about people getting scammed or ripped off in some way they could limit trades to where SC items can only be traded with other SC items and Coins items for other Coins items.

- Edgar Allen Poe -

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Hmm it would be a great idea but i dont like it
    I mean of course the pet pals
    But not the sc stuff
    If you can trade them there would be more hackings and scamming

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

That may be,
    But if a trade can only be made when SC items are offered for other SC items that would significantly reduce the chances of scamming. As for hacking, that is mainly up to players ability to keep their login information safe and SOE's ability to keep their site properly safeguarded.

All other games and applications I have played have given the players the option to trade items bought with real money, for other items bought with real money. And I miss that option while I'm playing Free Realms.

No matter if it is a sell back option or the option to trade,
    It would be nice to not always be permanently stuck with every SC item or pet that you buy for the life of the game.

- Edgar Allen Poe -

As always; Well said my Poetic friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolaya View Post
    Hmm it would be a great idea but i dont like it
    I mean of course the pet pals
    But not the sc stuff
    If you can trade them there would be more hackings and scamming
    How so lolaya?
    If I may paraphrase (how I see) current SOE policy concerning trades in FR.

1. You may use your characters trade option to give or trade items with other players however; SOE accepts no responsibility in the event that you are scammed. Trades are done at the players own risk.
    2. To avoid the risks associated with trading. Certain items can not be traded. This is for your own protection.

This makes sense to you? Why would SOE give me the freedom to trade at my own risk, but deny me the freedom to trade due to risk? SOE seems to think that level of risk is something that they can determine for me. This may be (in their opinion) a great way to protect the average eight year old from being scammed out of high cost items by the likes of evil old players like me, but it places an unfair restriction on adult players. As I stated in another thread; Perhaps it's (past) time for SOE to introduce a bank of age restricted servers to FR. I guess SOE considers it an acceptable risk that I may scam players, so long as I am only allowed to scam a little.

The RL state in which I live allows me the right to buy and sell property at my own risk. It accepts no responsibility for my losses. It does not restrict me from reselling property that exceeds average values due to greater risk. Minors in my (and all other states) are restricted from buying and selling certain properties such as autos and houses due to the fact that they can not enter into a legal contract, so have no ability to manage said properties. As far as I'm concerned; If the minors of FR lack the ability to manage virtual property purchased with SC, then they should not be allowed to buy it in the first place.
    Am I to be restricted in my ability to freely trade virtual goods purchased with my own funds because of what might happen to minor players? Why yes Layla... Yes you are.

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    C.S. Lewis
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    As always; Well said my Poetic friend.

How so lolaya?
    If I may paraphrase (how I see) current SOE policy concerning trades in FR.

1. You may use your characters trade option to give or trade items with other players however; SOE accepts no responsibility in the event that you are scammed. Trades are done at the players own risk.
    2. To avoid the risks associated with trading. Certain items can not be traded. This is for your own protection.

This makes sense to you? Why would SOE give me the freedom to trade at my own risk, but deny me the freedom to trade due to risk? SOE seems to think that level of risk is something that they can determine for me. This may be (in their opinion) a great way to protect the average eight year old from being scammed out of high cost items by the likes of evil old players like me, but it places an unfair restriction on adult players. As I stated in another thread; Perhaps it's (past) time for SOE to introduce a bank of age restricted servers to FR. I guess SOE considers it an acceptable risk that I may scam players, so long as I am only allowed to scam a little.

The RL state in which I live allows me the right to buy and sell property at my own risk. It accepts no responsibility for my losses. It does not restrict me from reselling property that exceeds average values due to greater risk. Minors in my (and all other states) are restricted from buying and selling certain properties such as autos and houses due to the fact that they can not enter into a legal contract, so have no ability to manage said properties. As far as I'm concerned; If the minors of FR lack the ability to manage virtual property purchased with SC, then they should not be allowed to buy it in the first place.
    Am I to be restricted in my ability to freely trade virtual goods purchased with my own funds because of what might happen to minor players? Why yes Layla... Yes you are.

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    C.S. Lewis
    Extremely good points. It really stinks for older players (or more mature players, at least) when we can't sell unwanted items. I think we should be able to trade SC items, I don't see an issue with it. (I don't know if you played at the time when this was going on, but we used to be able to trade some SC items, then they made it untradeable)

I mean, when you think about, there really is no reason. If someone gets scammed then they should just report it, find out what happened, ban the scammer and give the item back. We shouldn't be limited because of our "safety". That's why they're here, to make the game and help the players....right?

djsparty is offline Amateur Gamer

right! thats right=)

Exactly right!

- Edgar Allen Poe -

Yes that's right!

Sadly Sarah, I did not arrive in the realms untill after the december downgrade...errr...update.
    By the way; Good points in your response Sarah.
    You always manage to say in two paragraphs, what it takes me two pages to express.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 10-14-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast