Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

zomg15 is offline Explorer

Icon8 Not so Free Realms...

Hi there,

I have been around free realms for about a month... And I have been informed that there was a change in the job system. This "change" was that you must be a member to go past level 20 to golden level or "max" level. The only combat jobs you could do that were Brawler, and Ninja. Now after the change the jobs are now members to go over level 5. Why? SOE make a lot of money to begin with. The free realms customer support claimed that they changed it so players could get to know what the jobs were like. But the question is, why make them all members??? They didn't answer my question. So i have an idea. why not make it so you choose one combat and non combat job to get to level 20 for free. And the rest of the jobs that go to level 5 should be golden level at that point so you may continue to fight and work for free but not have the higher level gear. So then players have freedom but can be a member to complete all the jobs. Plus if you leveled one up over level 5 and arent a member after that. It would act as if its max level.

Does this sound fair???
    Last edited by zomg15; 05-14-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Tom FlameBolt1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Not so Free Realms...

This Is A Good Idea But What If You Leveled Archer Up To lvl 10 Would You Be Able To Play It As That Level

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

In the end, I think it would be best if, at the end of the trial, your access to stars is simply shut off. Not that you can't fight, but that you can't get any stronger.

This has been suggested numerous times already, actually.

I believe somebody had mentioned that players complained that they wanted to know what being an Archer, Wizard, Warrior, etc. was like. You can't be so vague with a wish and expect to be fully satisfied - they did grant many players' wishes, after all.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

I understand your point, but before you bail...
    Try Card Duelist. a lot of people overlook that one. You can level up to 20 and earn a lot of freestyle clothing along the way. You won't get the free monthly booster packs that come with membership, but you can pick up common cards off the daily wheel, and promotional cards by entering tournaments. You can also enter freestyle play where you will be matched against other players with like exp.

You can also level Adventurer out to 20. A lot of people get bored with this in time, but there are several mini games in FR open to Adventurer (non-member) characters. I played for 2 months before becoming a member. I don't like haveing to pay, but considering how much I play; It's good value for my entertainment dollar. It beats paying $50.00 for a video game that I beat and become bored with in 6 months. It's all a matter of how much use you get out of it. If you only play 3 or 4 times a month; Keep your money.

[QUOTE=RandomPlayer;322049]In the end, I think it would be best if, at the end of the trial, your access to stars is simply shut off. Not that you can't fight, but that you can't get any stronger.QUOTE]

Now this is a good idea, and not the first time I've seen it. I wish SOE would pick up on it.