Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Title: New Staff?

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Default New Staff?

All closed.
    Last edited by PirateJack; 01-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Done.

Epik R0ckZ is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: New Staff?

Great idea!

IGN: Epik R0ckZ, Thanks to Kayopuro for the avvie and siggy.

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

... Oh boy.. not another one of these threads... Something bad is definitely going to happen now... *prepares for all the rude comments coming in* It seems I need to specifically tell you, after being told by ashley, again..

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Preciousfable View Post
    I'll be back. The amount of time I can put into the game is limited compared to what it was 4 years ago, and to be honest I don't have the patience I once did for video games... too much that I could be doing!

That is my point I was trying to make. I appreciate everyone trying to step in and explain things, but rather than asking for details of what is going on in the staff's lives... Just know we are volunteers, and we fit in time for FRI as we can.
    The main thing that I have learned from all of these messages are that we can not interfere with there lives as some used too, but doesn't mean they do not care. As Ashley said to us Insiders, they are just adult volunteers! That's what many do not see in the picture anymore.. I am very sorry to be a little harsh about this message, but I think saying this a little over 3 times to not only you, but others, does get a little frustrating.
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zimster View Post
    ... Oh boy.. not another one of these threads... Something bad is definitely going to happen now... *prepares for all the rude comments coming in* It seems I need to specifically tell you, after being told by ashley, again.. The main thing that I have learned from all of these messages are that we can not interfere with there lives as some used too, but doesn't mean they do not care. As Ashley said to us Insiders, they are just adult volunteers! That's what many do not see in the picture anymore.. I am very sorry to be a little harsh about this message, but I think saying this a little over 3 times to not only you, but others, does get a little frustrating.
    Well, I do agree we should not be all up in the staffs business because they are adult volunteers. And yes I find your post extremely rude. So here is my own opinion on this. I do believe we could use some more staff, or as Aaron and Ashley call them volunteers. But then again, I do agree that it is their personal time when they find the time to come on. Most of them struggle with school/work and family matters. Just cause us younger, and somewhat older players might have the time to be on a lot, they do not. The reason I believe Jack is getting here about wanting new staff, is the new users of FRI not reading the rules, and some older users getting frustrated when trying to keep them on track and everyone happy. And, as Jack said in the main post, I do agree about them maybe needing a little help. But then again, adults do work and usually have families they need to care for, so it would be hard to get some more active volunteers. As for now, we all know the staff does what they can. Excuse me as I go on a little bit more, but Aaron... I'm positive Jack got what Ashley meant about them being volunteers. So its no reason to quote her up again and have you specifically tell him again. I also wouldn't call this interfering, where as he was just making a suggestion, hence the thread he posted in. We all have a right to make them, do we not? Also, if its so frustrating to you, why not just annoy the thread?

If anyone was taken back by what I said, my apologies but again, this is all my opinion.
    My adventure ends here.

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Well, I will close this thread but I did not needed to be told again and having to make me look back I was mearly trying to make a suggestion. Sorry about this thread.
    Done.

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

The staff members put in all the effort that they can, and no one can deny that they use a lot of their own time to keep this site running. However, I do think that FRI could benefit from a few of our older mature members to take on some of the responsibilities that our current staff can't fit into their everyday lives. Just 3-5 new moderators could make a huge difference.
    I'm not suggesting in any way, shape, or form that our staff does a bad/lazy job, they have their own jobs, families, and other commitments to take care of that have to come before this website.
    Last edited by Princess Claire; 01-19-2013 at 01:56 PM.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJack View Post
    Well, I will close this thread but I did not needed to be told again and having to make me look back I was mearly trying to make a suggestion. Sorry about this thread.
    Not saying you should close your thread at all, I do think it's a nice idea to Suggest this, but I wanted to give fair warning.. I would expect more 'hate-mail' coming in from long time members, by now, and have a whole page of why's and why nots. You shouldn't get... what's the word... upset.. over my post, if you would have been here a year ago (around the time I joined), then yes.. it would be worse about then this..

Again, don't let me stupidness get in your way of making a suggesstion.. As dani said .. "We all have rights to make opinions." Not word for word, but basically what she means.
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

I find this thread AND the posts quite repeating. Short and sweet I believe we need a FEW more staff members who are long time FRI members, mature, reasonable, online very often. Those are just a few words to describe the new staff who could step in and do just as good a job as the older staff. Older staff HAVE lives and can't be online everyday like some time ago. Life comes before a computer/game/site.
    DespicableDani likes this.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Please no more posting on this thread. More posts = more fights = more work for the staff.
    Narwhales. Bai.

KAnnamaria is offline Pro Gamer

Its not that simple either, they can't randomly let people become administrators or moderators. The staff on this website have lives too. We can't ask them to be on every second. And there can't really be staff that is on ALL the time. If they do have most of the day free, then fine they can, but they need rest, food, a few breaks from looking at the computer, and more! Many people take vacations, too.
    It was fun playing with you guys! Ilysm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast