Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Tom FlameBolt1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Item Price List

Free Realms is unique with its trading system, it is the most disorganized out there, on a lot of items people usually don't know the exact price. I have an ambitious idea to help sort out prices and that is something that has worked before... a pricing spreadsheet or list. While there already is a pricing thread here on FRI I find it to be inconvenient that I have to post and then WAIT for someone to give a price, this can be troubling for when you need a price for a trade you are doing and you need the price fast or you may lose your trade. A list or spread sheet with a search feature to go through the items would make this simpler and very convenient for current trades. I think it would be even cooler if it was to be on this very website, with its own section next to the others saying "Prices".
    If you want to support this please say so and I will list the supporters, perhaps if there is enough, we can make this useful tool exist!
    Supporter List:
    Tom Flamebolt1
    jaaaaaaaaack

Last edited by Tom FlameBolt1; 06-20-2012 at 11:59 PM.

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Item Price List

I think that's a good idea. I support

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

When we first opened the free market, we had considered creating a price list. However, having tons of experience with it (see the WIGEV we maintain at Webkinz Insider: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/wiki/W...(WIGEV)_Guide)
    We knew this could also take away from the fun of trading. It makes for a very structured experience and values are often put way ahead of what you may like for an item. It's also a ton of work to maintain, and the values are never perfect in everyone's mind.

A value guide is totally achieveable. But we would have to ask... How much would it alter trading? Perhaps a price check section would provide a better balance of the "free market" atmosphere and obtaining price info. I just wonder if it would alter the market area far too drastically n the experience we want everyone to have there.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

I've been pleasantly surprised with how fast and easy the Price Check has been over the last 2-3 weeks (: Having a pricelist would be lovely, but it would be hard to figure out a system that really worked.
    We could have it where anyone could edit, but then someone could come along and erase all of it.

We could have it where only the staff could edit it, but we only really have 2 staff members, and they're swamped as it is, I'm sure they don't need 50 people a day informing them prices of stuff.

The only way we could really do it is if one individual planned on doing it all. That doesn't sound so bad, really, but every. Single. Day. 50 people would be telling you to change the price, or to add things, and no member could really handle that out of our group of Insiders right now, as we have lives xD
    I suppose we could have where 5-10 dedicated Insiders could be in charge of one thread, but it would still be difficult...

I love the idea, but I don't think it can be carried through at this point in time.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

It is true that it probably can't be carried out or managed so well and the new price check has been much better than the other one!
    But I still support because it's still a good idea in my head, and people do ask about prices everyday, most I am thinking have already been asked, and people do have different price thoughts but maybe it could have a general idea price

Karter is offline Explorer

I agree and support

~crazy chii<
    >>MACARONI<<
    >>IGN: Karter Rain
    <<

Flamey is offline Master Gamer

Support! (:

Nightmare_Orchid is offline Amateur Gamer