Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Ignore option for FRI.

Should we have an ignore option for FRI like we do in FR, or should we rely solely upon our overworked Administrators to enforce good conduct?

I assume that few of you would have use for such a feature. I never did, untill recently. The Administrators quickly and effectively resolved my problem, as they always do, but haveing an ignore option would give me greater peace of mind.

The option I am thinking of would block selected players from being able to access my profile, page and prevent them from being able to send me a pm.

What do you think?
    Please do not post horror stories, or name names here.
    I am only interested in what your thoughts and feelings are.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Penguin Master is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Ignore option for FRI.

Maybe layla but I am not really sure about it.
    After the Sharp Eyed Jay and The Roaring Lion,Peace Will Come On Dove's Gentle Wing.

Bryan3Tears is offline Master Gamer

Isn't there an ignore/block option? I remember i ignored a few people a couple months ago....
    My Youtube My Xfire
    My Second Youtube channel
    Status: Quit FR and FRI, Will occasionally check notifications.

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Check your user control panel and scroll down. I see an ignore user option. I think its there for everyone, but i don't know for sure. I've never used it.

wildsjkt is offline Amateur Gamer

ignore everyone?
    God is my hero!

Also if your selling Staion Cash cards please tell me if your selling

gigatomboy is offline Master Gamer

lol, never had that problem... but I see how it could happen.

You won't find me on FreeRealms anymore. If you want to meet me in Mabinogi, my IGN is Svanett & I'm on server Alexina.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

With FRI's ignore feature, as Rose said, you'll be able to still see that they posted, just not what they posted (It will tell you that you can click on the button in the post to show the blocked post for the time - which I can never resist.. so I end up ignoring no one :-P).

To my understanding, FRI doesn't let you block specific people from your profile nor do they simply block people from ever seeing it. You can block people who are not your friends/contacts from posting VMs or sending you PMs though in Edit Options. It's more protective than reactive like your idea's are and could probably lead to less arguments..
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 08-18-2010 at 10:03 AM.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Roselake View Post
    Check your user control panel and scroll down. I see an ignore user option. I think its there for everyone, but i don't know for sure. I've never used it.
    Ahhh. I see that now Autumn. I am something of a noob when it comes to computer usage. If I had noticed that earlier I would not have botherd everyone with this thread. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    With FRI's ignore feature, as Rose said, you'll be able to still see that they posted, just not what they posted (It will tell you that you can click on the button in the post to show the blocked post for the time - which I can never resist.. so I end up ignoring no one :-P).

To my understanding, FRI doesn't let you block specific people from your profile nor do they simply block people from ever seeing it. You can block people who are not your friends/contacts from posting VMs or sending you PMs though in Edit Options. It's more protective than reactive like your idea's are and could probably lead to less arguments..
    Thanks Monkies. I can always count on you for detailed explanations. You are a great asset for FRI.

The last sentance in your post rings true. Sometimes Layla tends to be a little reactive. I am quicker to wade into an argument, than I am away from it. I have discoverd that aspect of my nature is not always appreciated here at FRI. I'm trying to blend in a little better here, so thanks for cooling me down a little.

@ wildsjkt. I would never ignore everyone. Most of the players I have met at FRI seem to be great people. That's why I'm still here.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Roselake View Post

Oh nvm. (I am no use >.<)