Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lunar_Wind is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Honest Saying about Guild/Forum

Even though I don't want to, I'm going to have to agree.
    On Free Realms: I don't see SOE making anything new or exciting, just stuff that gets them more money.
    I'm going to make a quick list of everything the SOE has come out with recently:
    -Mystery Chests: Require us to buy mystery keys with real money, just to get some stupid piece of clothing.
    -New Snowdays SC items: Also require SC/real money.
    -Snowhill Lodge:A virtual house for real money.
    -Screenshot feature: Fun for people who can't already do it for a little bit.
    -TCG set 3: Pay for packs with real money.
    -Sunstone Valley: Supposed to come out in December, seems a little overdue.

Seems to me like SOE really needs money, or WANTS more money.

On the forums: I don't blame anyone for the forums being kinda slow. AS I sit here right now, typing this, all thats going on is people roleplaying in adventures beyond (If you're reading this, hi.). If Free Realms would come up with something new, then I bet the forums would draw back more people for a little while.

I just hope SOE is going to pull off something really big, really soon.
    Hey look, I cleaned out my signature!
    But now it seems empty...

firestar63 is offline Master Gamer

I just hope SOE is going to pull off something really big, really soon.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I don't think so...

kylar10 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar_Wind View Post
    Even though I don't want to, I'm going to have to agree.
    On Free Realms: I don't see SOE making anything new or exciting, just stuff that gets them more money.
    I'm going to make a quick list of everything the SOE has come out with recently:
    -Mystery Chests: Require us to buy mystery keys with real money, just to get some stupid piece of clothing.
    -New Snowdays SC items: Also require SC/real money.
    -Snowhill Lodge:A virtual house for real money.
    -Screenshot feature: Fun for people who can't already do it for a little bit.
    -TCG set 3: Pay for packs with real money.
    -Sunstone Valley: Supposed to come out in December, seems a little overdue.

Seems to me like SOE really needs money, or WANTS more money.

On the forums: I don't blame anyone for the forums being kinda slow. AS I sit here right now, typing this, all thats going on is people roleplaying in adventures beyond (If you're reading this, hi.). If Free Realms would come up with something new, then I bet the forums would draw back more people for a little while.

I just hope SOE is going to pull off something really big, really soon.

I am with you. Honestly, I think that SOE might be trying to come out with a new game or something, so they need to juice as much out of Free Realms to fund that project, I think said game may be more content for DCUO or, even worse! Killing off Free Realms all together bacause they are paying more money than they are getting from it! Think about, it is possible.
    CALL TO ACTION: SUNSTONE VALLEY.
    FR IGN:Austin Rubyspear. Faithful Brony.
    Minecraft ID:K45D2. Virtous Paragon.

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Well, whilst all of these theories could be connecting to some way, you're technically not hitting the big picture. You're talking about SOE's current activities, which is not what we're talking about in this thread.

AlyssaBrightsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Seargent Demolisher View Post
    Well, whilst all of these theories could be connecting to some way, you're technically not hitting the big picture. You're talking about SOE's current activities, which is not what we're talking about in this thread.
    True, but what happens in game influences what happens in the forums. If there was a spark of fun in game then it would bring life back to the forums. Unfortunately, people have become bored with both.

Insider since August 1, 2010

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaBrightsong View Post
    True, but what happens in game influences what happens in the forums. If there was a spark of fun in game then it would bring life back to the forums. Unfortunately, people have become bored with both.
    Good argument.

And in turn, SOE influences what FR does via activities, updates, notable stuff like that.

So, SOE isn't really doing anything with the game, which makes it bland, and that in turn makes the Insiders forum (And to a lesser extent, the official forums.) bland and nothing short of new.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

I posted a thread on this subject...... to see it closed. I have posted comments to others threads on this subject...... and had them edited. I assume my opinions on this subject are not appreciated and I have gottn pm's from staff and admin expressing that viewpoint quite clearly. To be honest, I'm a little surprised this thread has survived this long. That said, I will go out on a limb and give an opinion.

The answer to your query is really quite simple IMHO.
    An army with absent officers will fail to gain victory. A retail establishment with absent managers will fail to achieve profit. A family with absent parents will fail to gain unity. A fan site like this one with absent staff............

I fully understand that the admin and staff of this site are busy adults with other demands on their time. I also am a busy adult with demands on my time, but I do not own a FR fan site. The sad fact of the matter is that the membership of a site are not enough to keep it active and growing if the admin and staff are absent to a huge degree. I do not say this to be critical of the people who are responsible for the day to day function of this site. I say it because it is an unavoidable truth. The membership of this site takes its cue from those they see as leaders. If the demands on our "leaders" time keeps them from being active participants of this site and guild then the members will respond in kind. The day to day of this site and guild is left largely in the hands of its members. So long as that remains the case, we will continue to reap the same results.

FRI is what got me interested in FR in the first place. FRI made the game more enjoyable for me. It was here to help me with IG problems. It kept me posted on IG events, and it is where I met my first (and best) IG friends. I still enjoy this community and would like to see it return to it's former level of activity, but that will not happen so long as the members here are expected to carry the load. If I could make a single suggestion to the admin of this site that might make it easier (and less time consuming) for them to manage, it would be to consider combining it with other Insider sites so that they can be managed from a singular location.

I feel no ill will to the admin and staff of this site. I wish them the best in all that they do. There is a loyal following of members at this site and I hope that a way will be found to provide them with the level of service that loyalty deserves.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 01-11-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

cathearder is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Seargent Demolisher View Post
    I don't really think the "funk" had really caught on here. I think our community sense had just been mysteriously fading away.
    Mystery, not really. It is just not being led or cared for like it once was.
    Agreed Layla
    No mystery, things change
    I believe it would be best to have just one guild and get things back on track.
    The leaders used to play Daily and there were many activities. The "rock" was the meeting place. The Fri Day events were fun and the tcg tourneys kept the name out there.
    This last summer it reached a new low. It was stated things would start back up but they never did.
    Insiders resurgence was a small internal member movement. Yet, it takes leadership from the top.
    It is very likely that "insiders" will never be what it was. It had been the premier active guild on FR.
    Their was that "Bubbla" contest and all the sudden there were emails from all the leaders, they wanted our help and we won that contest. We were all supposed to share in that reward.
    Again, Then nothing seemed to happen.
    When there are issues on site it is hard to find admin or mods to fix it.
    Partly because of this I hardly come on now.
    I find the Mystic Mayhem site more active.
    If we didn't care none of us would waste our time to post.
    I also think it is time to realize that Insiders is not or likely will never be what it was.
    Maybe, it is time to redefine what it well be.

There is a lot of work to keep up a site. To have a place to gather, share advice and trade is a great service. It is appreciated.
    Last edited by cathearder; 01-11-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

Even tho I joined this place in august I have been watching insiders since 2010...
    I noticed that there are rarely anymore events. I used to see them spam up a new one almost daily.
    Not anymore I don't see anyone post those much anymore. I miss the TCG tournaments. But I think that one of the staff left that's why I don't see the TCG tournaments. The only staff person really active is Ashley :/

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Leocuta is offline Master Gamer

I was one of the few people who joined before there was two guilds (and three) and when I logged on there would be 2 or 3 members and maybe a staff member (in the morning normally Nymo) Then Claire would go on sometimes and we'd run dungeons. I saw Kade a few times. And then I saw all the FRI staff reguarly (Ashley, Rose etc) I never saw any of the Webkinz staff though... Anyhow, Claire started coming on less and less and ever since then the guild seems to have gone down with staff members now this is probably because they have real life situations, and this is one of the reasons I stopped FR ages ago because no one would be on in the guild. Then came December '11, I see some on more now. There are more guild members on, I logged on and saw 15 on, a rareity for me And Ashley was on, so I think the guild is re-establishing itself and is on the rise, I can understand real life situations stopping staff from playing, and others as well. So I disagree with there being no community, there is lots of people on now and things are moving in the right direction, it may have been a tough time for everyone in real life so you may have thought this but it happens alot in businesses particularly going up and down and I think it has just come out of a down and is on its biggest up
    Anyone need anything Boys Only, Combat or anything else except Girls Only PM me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast