Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trademarked is offline Master Gamer

Default Good / Evil System.

Hello all, Welcome. I have an idea for something that Free Realms really should have.
    A good / evil system. This would be an amazing new feature! So, for the next couple of paragraphs, I will be discussing how it should be done.

Well first of all, you would have to have some way of tracking your Karma. So there would have to be some kind of experience bar somewhere. Perhaps it could be under the regular star experience bar. But I ave a better idea. In the ``About me`` Menu, there could simply just be a new page. On this page, it could have the the bar, maybe a few quests that you could except from that menu, and possibly a new attack that you could learn in combat. (The attack would change as you gain more Karma.

Anyway, back to Karma. There could be a few different ways of obtaining it. The obvious (And probably the way that would be used most often) Is by doing special quests, But I will get ore into detail on that later. Then there could be some more creative, complex ways of gaining it. Perhaps the clothing you wear could effect it somehow? Or maybe there could be some dungeons that could give you Karma. Of course for the dungeon, you could turn the Karma off if you just want to do it with out become more Evil or Good. One thing I would like to point out is that your Karma is ever changing. You could be maxed evil, then do a goodie-two-shoes quest, and you would gain the good Karma. Which of course would take away some of your evil.

Now time to discuss special quests. This factor may take the most time for SOE to do. What I think would happen is that every quest (Except the main Job and Story quests) would give you Karma. You know how there is shady dealing happening in Blackspore, right? Well those would be the perfect opportunity to gain some evil points! While the quests that you get in The Royal Palace would give you good points. Of course these are not the only quests that give you Karma, All of the side quests would.

But wait, that is not all I have on quests. If you wanna gain tons of Karma, you could do a main story. There would be two different quest lines; both about as long as a jobs quest series. With each quest you complete, you would gain 100 Karma points. You may need 200 or so to get into the next ``Rank`` of Hero/Villain. The evil story line could revolve around the black market, while the Good story line would be about stopping poaching, and, Ultimately, stopping the black market.

Along the way of your thrilling adventure, you would be able to get titles to give to your character. You would only be able to have one title in your menu at once, depending on your level. Some example title for good could be: Hero Trademarked, Baddie Basher Trademarked, or even: Angel Trademarked. Some for Bad could be: Infamous Trademarked, Fallen Angel Trademarked, or Devil`s Spawn Trademarked.

I also thought up something interesting that I would like. You know how the NPC`s sometimes are talking, we if you are a hero, they might say thing like, ``Hey, Have you heard of that amazing dude named Trademarked? I heard that he stopped a lot of the sales on the black market!`But if you are bad, they could say, `` Hmm, that guy Trademarked, he has been stealing everybody items from their houses! I really hope the Referees catch him soon! I just thought it would add a little diversity.

Now, one more quick thing I would like to say, Different clothing! Yes, as you gain your Karma you will be able to purchase new items from the coin shop! They could add a section devoted just towards that. But as you gain more Karma, the items that you could previously purchase would disappear. But once you bought them, you can wear `em anytime.

Well, that is my ideas on how a Good/evil system could work. Thanks for reading! If you have any thoughts on anything related to this post, feel free to comment of PM me. See ya next time!
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>
    The Official Canadian Insider.

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Good / Evil System.

Nice Ideas!
    IGN: James Bigpeach

Why thank you!
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>

AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Trademarked View Post
    Hello all, Welcome. I have to say something:
    Aaron Esko is absolutely the most cool person on this planet. All hail Aaron, the Boss. Also, congrats on his 2,000th post!
    Lol, but actually great idea! And thanks, I got 2,000 posts! Yay!!
    Last edited by AaronEsko; 07-19-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

:O I did not say that, lol. Stop editing quotes! Lol.
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Laralyn McWilliams mentioned something like a good/evil system before, along with a assorted list of things that was mentioned. It was apparently attached to the lore quests ("chapter quests") though and involved a ultimate choice. She mentioned it was "Still Coming".

- Free Realms: One Server for all Nations :: Free Realms :: ZAM

I do enjoy your idea better though! :0 - I rather not rush through a single chapter of Free Realms and find myself labeled "evil" (or good ;;>_>) and instead grow it how I choose with the specific quests.

Not to hijack or veer off your ideas here:
    Spoiler: show
    When you mentioned that the clothes you wear affecting your 'karma' I instantly thought it would be awesome if the 'karma' affected your clothing/character as well: making you more distinct to others about your choices. Maybe a halo could shine dimly above a characters head, you gain a dark glow or your footprints are burning/gloomy/dark behind you as you trail along doing things.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    When you mentioned that the clothes you wear affecting your 'karma' I instantly thought it would be awesome if the 'karma' affected your clothing/character as well: making you more distinct to others about your choices. Maybe a halo could shine dimly above a characters head, you gain a dark glow or your footprints are burning/gloomy/dark behind you as you trail along doing things.
    Darn, I forgot to mention that, I had that wrote down in my notebook! lol

Woot! 1000 posts!
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>

Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer

I do believe that was about a year ago. No doubt they changed it. But great ideas, Trademarked!

FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

Just thought I would be cool and Bump this...... I know, it is not good...
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>

assassin64 is offline Amateur Gamer

I agree with these ideas. I'm sick of these (mostly) sc updates, and the people who keep complaining about wanting new places. this would be something that all the hardcore players (the ones who actually pay SOE's paycheck.....) would LOVE. but it woukld take SOE a long time to make it.....
    Free Realms non-paying member since 2 million!
    lvl. 20 Adventurer, Ninja, Brawler, Pet Trainer, Chef, Card Duelist
    Spoiler: show

My in-game name is Nathiel Hawkshade (Main) Roy Earthfable (hoverboard)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast