Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Seargent Demolisher's Avatar
    Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,795

    Default FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Okay, so I've been thinking a while (And listening to some Overlord II Music at the same time...) and I have thought, "Maybe FR needs an expansion pack, you know?," And sure enough, I thought I could share it out.

    Basic Facts: This takes place in a COMPLETELY different realm, via a portal. Your Quest begins when you enter the realm, as the Fourth Overlord!

    You will be able to venture into different-from-standard areas, travelling by walking, or even using a large Ship!

    Your Quest is the time you stat your reign of Evil Terror into this new land; And as well as defeating and eradicating the force of the Glorious Empire; The new foe!

    "The entrails of all Magical creatures and Minionkind is forever lost! The Glorious Empire seeks to wipe out all Magical life in this realm. Be the Overlord! Control, rule, and destroy all new lands as the Fourth Overlord!"

    Basically that's the overview there.

    New Features include: Netherworld Tower, Netherworld Forge (That is able to forge weapons, from Forge Stones found in various locations), Minion Burrows, Tower Upgrade System, Minion Upgrade System, New Combat Mechanics, and new Bosses!

    Difficulties in the game are from:

    Easy: Nordberg to Everlight
    Medium: Everlight Jungle to Empire City (1st Visit)
    Hard: Empire City Invasion to The Devourer
    And Insane: The Devourer

    Enviornments include: Icebergs, Snowy mountains, and even fiery Tar Pits! (Nordberg)
    Jungles, Ancient Temples, and a Forest Town. (Everlight)
    Magical Wastes, Mutated Creatures, and Stange Magicks! (Wastelands)
    Fancy Roman Infrastructure, Large Cities, and a good Military System. (Glorious Empire Territory)

    So... Basic stuff. Tell me what you think about it!

  2. #2
    Paulina Ambermace's Avatar
    Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,531

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    O_______________O
    wot??
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

  3. #3
    DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,900

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Good ideas, but I highly doubt SOE would add them. The main audience to whom they're trying to appeal is younger players, who probably wouldn't like that kind of thing. :/

  4. #4
    Drakie's Avatar
    Drakie is offline Pro Gamer
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Where do you find the time to think up all this stuff?! FR is meant to be a child friendly game, and granted while the innocence of youth is often eradicated at a young age via the Internet and violent video games, I see no need to turn what seems to be a small bastion of child friendly entertainment into another mindless killing game. Granted, you may have legitimate ideas, but realistically, the ideas are somewhat different from the message FR attempts to advocate. Nevertheless, it is a know fact that violence sells and with a power and money hungry company like SoE I'm sure they would be all too happy to sell out the young childrens entertainment to fund their greed. Your ideas may not be suited for this game, but i see no reason why a standalone game would not suffice. Who knows what the future will hold.
    Lost in fog and love and faithless fear,
    I've had kisses that make Judas seem sincere..

  5. #5
    Grim Soulreaper's Avatar
    Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Aye... I would agree that this idea belongs in another game.. though not a bad idea for a stand alone game aimed at a more mature audience and rated as such.. and I'm sure it would target many players as well... Funny how music can inspire some ideas... happens to me a lot but definitely this is an idea for another game... Great mind though. Free Realms itself is a game that is still in the works of expanding i.e. the unopened areas... Granted it wouldn't unfold into anything like your idea but I would like to see what it adds to the game... As for your idea though expand on it, develop a storyline to it and who knows.. maybe it could sell or perhaps be some good reading material...Just for a more mature target audience XD
    Playing DCUO now


  6. #6
    Seargent Demolisher's Avatar
    Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnSeastar View Post
    Good ideas, but I highly doubt SOE would add them. The main audience to whom they're trying to appeal is younger players, who probably wouldn't like that kind of thing. :/
    Well that's true. I mean, I'm not TRYING to FORCE this into FR or anything. I just like to share Ideas... Mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulina Ambermace View Post
    O_______________O
    wot??
    . . . .-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakie View Post
    Where do you find the time to think up all this stuff?! FR is meant to be a child friendly game, and granted while the innocence of youth is often eradicated at a young age via the Internet and violent video games, I see no need to turn what seems to be a small bastion of child friendly entertainment into another mindless killing game. Granted, you may have legitimate ideas, but realistically, the ideas are somewhat different from the message FR attempts to advocate. Nevertheless, it is a know fact that violence sells and with a power and money hungry company like SoE I'm sure they would be all too happy to sell out the young childrens entertainment to fund their greed. Your ideas may not be suited for this game, but i see no reason why a standalone game would not suffice. Who knows what the future will hold.
    Well I would not suffice either without sharing some pretty good (To me) ideas for FR. Honestly, I've been doing this since I jacked (logged) in for the very first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Soulreaper View Post
    Aye... I would agree that this idea belongs in another game.. though not a bad idea for a stand alone game aimed at a more mature audience and rated as such.. and I'm sure it would target many players as well... Funny how music can inspire some ideas... happens to me a lot but definitely this is an idea for another game... Great mind though. Free Realms itself is a game that is still in the works of expanding i.e. the unopened areas... Granted it wouldn't unfold into anything like your idea but I would like to see what it adds to the game... As for your idea though expand on it, develop a storyline to it and who knows.. maybe it could sell or perhaps be some good reading material...Just for a more mature target audience XD
    Yeh. Overlord II is what you're talking about. But it's MOSTLY similar in terms of it. Not exactly the same.

  7. #7
    Paulina Ambermace's Avatar
    Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,531

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakie View Post
    Where do you find the time to think up all this stuff?! FR is meant to be a child friendly game, and granted while the innocence of youth is often eradicated at a young age via the Internet and violent video games, I see no need to turn what seems to be a small bastion of child friendly entertainment into another mindless killing game. Granted, you may have legitimate ideas, but realistically, the ideas are somewhat different from the message FR attempts to advocate. Nevertheless, it is a know fact that violence sells and with a power and money hungry company like SoE I'm sure they would be all too happy to sell out the young childrens entertainment to fund their greed. Your ideas may not be suited for this game, but i see no reason why a standalone game would not suffice. Who knows what the future will hold.
    I agree. The rest child-friendly games are little kid games like webkins and BABV .-.
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

  8. #8
    moyinator's Avatar
    moyinator is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,224

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    Wierdly enough, I barely log onto FRI but when I saw this post, I had to reply. I had a dream that FR had an expansion which made the game 1st person view (Which brought new gameplay, places and the works, obviously.)... Lol.
    Shut up and eat your pie.
    All lead you to epicness.

  9. #9
    Kelvin64's Avatar
    Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,514

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    O_o... this doesn't even fit in with the FR theme. If they do this they might as well make an entirely different game!

  10. #10
    Poetic_Raven's Avatar
    Poetic_Raven is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: FR Expansion Pack: The Fourth Realm

    I think that all sounds great but agree that it does not sound like something that would be a part of Free Realms.


    " I Became Insane, With Long Intervals Of Horrible Sanity. "
    - Edgar Allen Poe -


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •