Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Filter Fairy :|

Open the spoiler for my rambling on about the Loot Wheel.
    Spoiler: show
    The Wheel of Misfortune
    or frustration, whichever you prefer.
    Note: Those with short attention spans can skip to my next note that's in magenta.
    Officially named the Loot Wheel, spun after most minigames are played. There are some great prizes to be collected from these, but, alas, Lady Luck controls it.
    Are you a skilled Postman? If you are, have you seen the Loot Wheels for the mail sorting at Shrouded Glade and Snowhill? Those wheels are cluttered worse than the litter at Seaside. But what can be done? Well, let's sort through these items as Postmen sort through their creepily similar letters.
    Do you know those Level 20 clothing items that are sought after by almost every player? I speak of Jonin, Arcane Master, Knockdown, Bulls-eye, and all the others in the category. Such elusive items, hiding in the bushes that are the clutters of items. But what happens when you get sick (as in a cold or flu)? Your body learns and becomes capable of fighting it back and keeping the sickness away.
    I must say I become sick of coins, of lime cakes (how do those taste, by the way?), of sandwiches, and especially of strange jewelry. So now I fight back.
    Note: If you want to skip the long introduction of random text, read below for my actual suggestion.

The Loot Wheels are cluttered to the point I can't see the names. I say we gain the option to remove an item from a certain minigame's wheel once we've landed on that accursed spot 100 times (character specific). You can head to Nomnomalug in Wugachug to check your count and have him nom nom nom the item away from your life.
    "How about we pay 100 times what the item gives?" Nope, this would be something you can buy, and I've seen enough buying of items to ease labor. You'll know labor when you land on that lime cake a hundred times.
    But Nomnomalug is not a black hole. At least five items will need to remain on the wheel. This should allow for the ability to adjust Loot Wheels to some extent, but not to the point that you get any item you want every time you play the minigame.
    Do you want that item back? You'll have to pay 25 times what the Loot Wheel gave for that spot to reinstate it. After landing on it a hundred times, surely you'll have what you need for that payment! You'll have to land on it another hundred times, though, so choose wisely.

How would we choose the minigame and item to adjust?
    Example:
    I tried to make it have more columns, but it wouldn't let me. :|

Any posts before Post 18 are about this, to prevent any confusion.

The Filter Fairy
    Have you seen a lot of ### when you're talking with someone? (Strange sentence, if you think about it.) The Filter Fairy is just doing its job of filtering out letters that might make problematic text, at the high pay of one cent per two letters filtered. (Imagine how much you're adding to its paycheck.) But that just makes our lives somewhat harder, or more frustrating, at least.
    Well, I'd propose fixing the filter, but that'd be redundant. Rather, let's let loose our frustration and fight the Filter Fairy itself! Perhaps near Geoffrey's hideout. >_> How will the Filter Fairy attack, though? Perhaps it'll throw #s at us (ow, pointy), or just go on the defensive and make #s block our paths and filter out some of our attacks. Perhaps flying around on a # to annoy us further.
    But what would you get for fighting the Filter Fairy? Well, I can imagine everyone, Level 1 and Level 20, are frustrated with the filter, so it'd be a Tier/Level 1 battle, not dungeon... maybe without potions on the Loot Wheel.
    Is there any reason to add this? Absolutely none, but I sure would enjoy doing this when I'm bored!

In addition to the Filter Fairy, I'd like to knock the Coin Wheel ChugaWug around.
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 04-22-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: The Wheel of Misfortune

At least they haven't put a limit of when you can get it (EG: get it now before it disappears forever!)... this is the Skinner's Box of gaming (Slight warning: content is around PG-13 in the article). What I believe this would fit into is "Variable Ratio Rewards" under the #3 way games are making you do it. And from that information, I don't really even seeing this change happening to the game .

Not only that... but beating the RNG makes me happeh in the end.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

As much as I completely agree with every single thing you just said, it's SOE's plan to make things more time-consuming.
    More time played = more membership $$$ spent

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

I am not sure that I really understood everything you said just now.... but as usual you have given me great enjoyment and simple pleasure in my everyday life. Thank you for being you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBananaKing View Post
    As much as I completely agree with every single thing you just said, it's SOE's plan to make things more time-consuming.
    More time played = more membership $$$ spent
    Time consumption is understandable, but for many, these wheels breach the point of consuming time to the point of pulling your hair out, if you're easily frustrated. Frustration can lead to premature burn out.

Personally, I'm most troubled with those Miner and Postman wheels. Have you seen them? At least 15 items, maybe 10 if I'm exaggerating, inhabit each wheel. The least they could do is put more minigames so those wheels will be less encumbering.

Alieza Marie is offline Pro Gamer

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The one thing that I get the most and hate is the dress shoes and soggy socks from the money wheel, seems like they can come up with something a lil nicer and more different items to give.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

I'm of the oppinion that there should be a Skeleton Key option in the SC market. You pay 500 SC (members only) and you have a Skeleton Key in your inventory. When you get to a The Wheel of Misfortune you have the option to use said key. The Skeleton Key then allows you to PICK the item from the wheel you want.

Now my Math might be off but, 13 jobs*6 Items per job*$5=$390 per account for all the new elite gear.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Father View Post
    I'm of the oppinion that there should be a Skeleton Key option in the SC market. You pay 500 SC (members only) and you have a Skeleton Key in your inventory. When you get to a The Wheel of Misfortune you have the option to use said key. The Skeleton Key then allows you to PICK the item from the wheel you want.

Now my Math might be off but, 13 jobs*6 Items per job*$5=$390 per account for all the new elite gear.
    That seems a tad pricey for a consumable, but you're forgetting the Members' discount.

And your last statement reminds me of the Elite Black and Pink clothing of the ancients. Getting those clothes was definitely an achievement in the past, possibly a greater achievement than getting these Level 20 clothes. And Lady Luck had no way to intervene with getting those.

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

I don't think it's pricey, but I'm not going to use it. Someother players, wishing to be no named, agree that it's the fun of lady luck that keeps us coming back. Keep at it and you'll get the gear eventually.

p.s. I miss the pink/black elite gear.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Nate is offline Master Gamer

I got the black ninja and I tried ot get the brawlers...but to LAZY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast