Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Druid Ideas

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Icon9 Druid Ideas

This is a thread for ideas of jobs that SoE already said we're gonna have! I only know a few, and I'll post my ideas for one of them. I hope we have fun with this!

Druid

In an old interview I read on ZAM, Laralyn McWilliams said that they are already planning a druid job. (there's already hints for it) and she said they wanted it to be a freestyle or crafting job and a combat job, all bundled into one. I'm already getting tons of ideas, so I hope SoE would like to hear them! (please post these on the official forums if you can for me, because I can't.)

One idea is their weapons. My weapon idea for them may sound out there, but it just may work, their hands! It's just no combat jobs doesn't have a weapon, and when I think of druids, all their power comes from in them, which, wouldn't that mean it would come out somewhere? (preferably their hands?) Also, in front of the Druid Academy, there's two druids using magic on each other, using their hands, so, doesn't that just make a better reason?

Now you're probably thinking, "How do they get their skills since they changed the combat system?" well that's another idea I had. Their skills can come from their robes! Since all their power comes from their hands, why not? It's just like normal clothing, except it shows the skills it gives you, just like a weapon does, and it all comes from your hands. That makes sense, right?

Now, for the skills. I noticed the higher level a weapon is, the more wide range of skill it gets, so it could be like that with the robes. If I'm right, then every level 16 weapon gets ten skill ranges (you know, Wand of Vortex, Chaos, ect. ect.) the skills should be with nature and the elements and stuff. So it could be like Robes of Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Stone, Life, Light, Ice, Darkness, and Ancient Magics. I don't really know when they'd come in, but I'm guessing the basic for elements would come first and Ancient Magics coming last, but, that's just if you ask me. ^^;

And that's it. I would make suggestions for the freestyle/crafting idea they said, but what they'll be doing exactly, only they really know. So only combat portion until they release more information. I hope my ideas are good, and I would like to hear your ideas on other jobs to!

So bai bai! :3
    Last edited by Sarah Noblemind; 08-02-2010 at 05:22 PM.

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Ideas for *already confirmed* Jobs!

Excelent ideas! You should post on the official forums!

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RzlClearWatr View Post
    Excelent ideas! You should post on the official forums!
    I would if I could. =_= (and thank you! ^_^)

cfergie is offline Pro Gamer

Good ideas for new jobs!

Jakearoo is offline Amateur Gamer

Gloves could work for the weapons too!

Jaime Rider is offline Master Gamer

Nice Idea!!!

Amber Oakstone is offline Amateur Gamer

Cool!!! ask AaronEsko to send it to the makers or something! When i pictured druid i thought of... the robes and hand idea... but i pictured floating like a wizard.. and you do in a minigame to grow plants... and that is pretty much it.
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what girls are made of; forget the sugar and spice.
    Amber Oakstone
    <Insiders>
    Server 1

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

As a fellow Pink-belted Master of Pink-Fu; Let me say...
    Nice ideas. I would not mind seeing Druids as you describe them.

I would like to see them refine some existing jobs as well. I was disappointed to discover that Wizard is like any other combat job, except with sparks and flashier clothes. Oh well. Perhaps thats fodder for another thread.

assassin64 is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Noblemind View Post

One idea is their weapons. My weapon idea for them may sound out there, but it just may work, their hands! It's just no combat jobs doesn't have a weapon, and when I think of druids, all their power comes from in them, which, wouldn't that mean it would come out somewhere? (preferably their hands?) Also, in front of the Druid Academy, there's two druids using magic on each other, using their hands, so, doesn't that just make a better reason?

Now you're probably thinking, "How do they get their skills since they changed the combat system?" well that's another idea I had. Their skills can come from their robes! Since all their power comes from their hands, why not? It's just like normal clothing, except it shows the skills it gives you, just like a weapon does, and it all comes from your hands. That makes sense, right?

I was thinking more along the lines of rings. I mean how many rpg's and mmo's have magic rings for magic? it even already makes sense since combat people wear ring to boost abilities.
    Free Realms non-paying member since 2 million!
    lvl. 20 Adventurer, Ninja, Brawler, Pet Trainer, Chef, Card Duelist
    Spoiler: show

My in-game name is Nathiel Hawkshade (Main) Roy Earthfable (hoverboard)

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    As a fellow Pink-belted Master of Pink-Fu; Let me say...
    Nice ideas. I would not mind seeing Druids as you describe them.

I would like to see them refine some existing jobs as well. I was disappointed to discover that Wizard is like any other combat job, except with sparks and flashier clothes. Oh well. Perhaps thats fodder for another thread.
    That's the way it was before December. Only since then are all the combat jobs the same. Different jobs had different ranges, health, and defense levels.