Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Down with black text!

I can't say that I'm wild about the new color scheme here at FRI, but I can live with it.
    However; Black text and sub text on a dark blue background? Is this a conspiracy to drive older players like myself away from this site? For players that are the least bit visually impaired, dark text on a dark background is very difficult to read. I wish we were all bright eyed young children in perfect health, but sadly; Some of us are far from that.

I accept the fact that Vbulletin removes my ability to edit color and background on my profile page. I just wish I could read my profile page. Will you please consider a change to the color scheme FRI? I may be old, but I'm too young to go blind! I can't believe that I'm the only one that has a problem with this. Am I?
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Down with black text!

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    I can't say that I'm wild about the new color scheme here at FRI, but I can live with it.
    However; Black text and sub text on a dark blue background?

I can't believe that I'm the only one that has a problem with this. Am I?
    You may be. Please make sure to clear your cache on your browser, there shouldn't be any black text.. I don't see any on your profile page....?

I think I see what she's saying; I just went in a thread and the post background was clear with black text. I refreshed and it was still there. That's the first time I went somewhere and it popped up like that.<br/>

Also, is this just messing with us a little yet? Here I thought someone purposely made a post that used the whole width of the screen, now I just posted one that did that same. It's a bit distracting =p
    Last edited by Siobhan EmeraldCastle; 09-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    "I'll get you my pretties!"

Sorry Kade,

I worded my thread poorly. My profile page is not in black text only. The black text that I was refering to is primarily in areas of subtext. To help clarify; here are two specific areas I have trouble with.

On my profile page: The text in the drop down selection boxes under forum actions is in black.

On the forums: In the "Reply to Thread" box I am typing in right now. The title bar, Fonts drop select, and Sizes drop select are all in black. Many of the letter and format select buttons are in black as well.

I am not seeing black text everywhere (as my thread suggests). It is in select areas of the site. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I find the new background color makes all dark text difficult to see, wherever it may occur. Perhaps a slightly lighter shade of blue would help?
    As for my fellow players; When you type in colors like black and purple, I have difficulty reading what you are trying to say. I often skip over posts in colors like these.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Have you cleared your cache? None of those should have black text and don't for me...?

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Kade the same thing is happening to me. I see what Layla is seeing and the full page posts that I mentioned about that Sio is referring to .. I am seeing some of those still. I have cleared, uploaded, reloaded and every kind of loaded but they are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kade Wolfspotter View Post
    Have you cleared your cache? None of those should have black text and don't for me...?
    Hmmm......I see.
    I guess the problem is on my end then. I will try as you suggested.

On a positive note; I am delighted to see founders in the forums. It means a lot to me that you take the time to come here and address the problems (and complaints) of us whiney players. Thanks for the input, and thanks for the time you invested to look into my problem.

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Layla, I am curious... I added a post about five minutes before you added yours just now... was it not there when you looked at the thread? I am wondering if the pages are not loading correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zadira Kindleriver View Post
    Layla, I am curious... I added a post about five minutes before you added yours just now... was it not there when you looked at the thread? I am wondering if the pages are not loading correctly.
    Your post was not there when I started typing, but showed up above mine when I submitted my last comments. Perhaps we were submitting at the same time?

Normally when someone posts to a thread while you are in the process of making a reply, you get a message informing you that a new entry has been added. That did not happen this time. If I had seen your entry prior to submitting my last reply, I would have modified my comments. In light of what you had to say; I can see how my last comment confused you. Have we rooted out another bug perhaps?

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    Your post was not there when I started typing, but showed up above mine when I submitted my last comments. Perhaps we were submitting at the same time?

Normally when someone posts to a thread while you are in the process of making a reply, you get a message informing you that a new entry has been added. That did not happen this time. If I had seen your entry prior to submitting my last reply, I would have modified my comments. In light of what you had to say; I can see how my last comment confused you. Have we rooted out another bug perhaps?
    Kade said that feature was removed from vBulletin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast