Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Icon3 Customization Suggestion

I have made many, many suggestions, but if the forum isn't messing with me, I have never made this one. If someone else made a suggestion a lot like this one, I am sorry, I'm not trying to copy.

So now getting to the actual story, this is my customization suggestion.

You know how when you create a character, the only way you can really physically make it yours is choose only 1 out of 3 faces? Nothing more? Well, customization in FR is not really great right now, most people look alike, which isn't fun! I''m not talking about clothing (I have many clothing suggestions, go find them if you want to see what I have to say) but I'm talking about more physically.

Like, first, I think it'd be interesting if we could pick our character's age. Each age has it's own height and weight limits. You could be a little kid, or an adult, whatever you choose! And if you want to change your age, there could be a stone or something that changes it for you that you could buy. (knowing SoE it'd be SC)

Next (like I mentioned above) you could pick you height and weight. Perhaps each could be on a scale of 1-10, with height 1 would be extremely short, and 10 would be extremely tall. With weight 1 would be very thin, and weight 10 would be very large. With the height to change it it could be like the age, with some object. With weight it could change when you eat certain foods. (I've seen this mechanic in Mabinogi, so I know it's possible)

What about your face? my idea is rather than choosing a pre-set face, you can make it more yours. Like you can choose the size of the eyes and their shape, how big you nose is, how big you lips are, ect. I"m pretty sure they could incorporate this in-game, but if it's not complicated I guess they can dismiss it. Although if they couldn't incorporate this, it would be interesting to see more face types.

Now, some things that aren't completely new. Hair! Right now we have a few hair styles, and some hair colors. It would be interesting to see more colors. We have many shades of blond, brown, black, and red. A few shades of pink and purple. And about one shade of blue and green. I've seen NPCs with blue, green, and white hair, that we can't buy in the coin shop. It would be interesting with more color options, maybe even a color wheel would be awesome. With hair styles, basically just a few more options would be cool. (especially with really long hair, for girls and guys! I should probably have no say in what guys get because i'm a girl, but oh well) Also, lastly on this I'd think it'd be cool if we could pick bangs and a hairstyle. If they couldn't do that then fine, but if they could it'd be cool to see in the future.

And so, this brings a closure to yet another of one of my painfully long threads. I know some of these would be possible, many are in Runes of Magic and in Mabinogi to a certain extent. (I don't think it'd be copying....) I know most of these will probably never make it in game (considering it'd take an update nearly as big or bigger than the December 09 update) but if they ever did I'd highly, highly thank them. If you have any criticism on my ideas or suggestions for them, feel free to speak away. Thanks for reading this if you did.

sparkles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Customization Suggestion

Great idea i agree it would be nice to have that height factor concluding someone made a guild called lil insiders
    Well Mister Smarty Pants I don't go running around.
    -Haha funny trolololol (randomness)

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Hi Sarah,

I made a thread around may of this year on this same subject titled, Hey! You look just like me! (or something like that) Give it a search if you feel like it.
    I am glad to see someone else bring this up. I hope this thread gets as much response as mine did.

If I could suggest one small refinement, it would be to substitute body type for weight. Allow players to choose a slight, medium, or heavy frame, with slight, medium, or heavy features.
    For facial type; I would like to see a choice of face shapes such as round, ovoid, squared, and triad.
    Ethnic types with a greater range of skin tones would be nice as well. I see a lot of characters with oriental names, and straight black or double bun hairstyles, but they have round eyes. Sort of ruins the effect, yes?

On an almost unrelated note; My <Insiders> character is Wednesday Addams2. Wednesday is in desperate need of long black braids or pigtails. Since my Wednesday is older than the original, I would be willing to settle for one long waist length braid, but that option was not in the shop the last time I checked. I would dearly love to see some more hairstyles soon. I posted a thread on reusable style cards once. An article released earlier this year hinted that stylist shops may replace the current style cards, but I have not heard any comments on that issue since.

I hope you get lots of response for this thread. I think it's a great subject for debate and suggestions.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

kitty13115 is offline Amateur Gamer

Awesome!! I have seen robot (i guess) characters wandering the streets and what not with BEAUTIFUL hairstyles and I really want them! I really REALLY want Darkrthorne's hair style in black. I also think we should be able to have choose able streaks in our hair, i would have dark blue. ^^

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by kitty13115 View Post
    Awesome!! I have seen robot (i guess) characters wandering the streets and what not with BEAUTIFUL hairstyles and I really want them! I really REALLY want Darkrthorne's hair style in black. I also think we should be able to have choose able streaks in our hair, i would have dark blue. ^^

I know! The hairstyle I want most isn't in the game, but I still want it. >]

Inua is offline Master Gamer

What it sounds like to me; is that your wanting it more like Sims3. You can do all that except it ain't online. Dear lord, if Sims3 was online I be crying tears of joy right now. I love Sims3 and if SOE did do all of your ideas. I am pretty sure a lot of the old players would come back. Yet, again another smart and brilliant person like Siobhan to make one incredibly long thingy about SOE, but so worth reading. :3
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

kitty13115 is offline Amateur Gamer

Yep ^^ Silly SOE, why can't you take our ideas instead of sitting on your fat butts and making SC items?

brebre563 is offline Explorer

i never actully thought about everyone in fr looking pretty much the same. you have some good ideas though. being able to choose multiple colors for hair would be awsome to.If the SOE actully did some of the things people keep sujesting then fr would probably have more players.