Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sylvester is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Bumping Up Old Threads

I agree that the inquirer should have access to asking more questions on his/her "Somebody Help!" thread, especially if it's a continuation of the previous question he/she asked. However, couldn't they request that their thread be re-opened?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

I believe it is possible, though re-opening may be limited to certain threads. Overall, I suppose it is a little overdoing it to supply twice the time period for Somebody Help threads. A 30 day time limit seems fair.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

There's a few things that I would like to ask/mention:
    1. Which areas of the forum contain this rule?

It's more of a hidden rule, sorry >_<

2. I've seen an automerged post (or two) and am not concerned about that matter in regards to bumping up old threads.

Could I inquire about what a double post is then (in your first post)?

3. A lot of posts can be made in these threads... especially if people don't notice that the thread is old.

I sadly do not understand what type of thread you are referring to , or what type of post we are talking about

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    3. A lot of posts can be made in these threads... especially if people don't notice that the thread is old.
    I sadly do not understand what type of thread you are referring to , or what type of post we are talking about
    I believe he's referring to the posts that people make months after the previous post was made, thereby bumping the ancient thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    I believe he's referring to the posts that people make months after the previous post was made, thereby bumping the ancient thread.
    As long as it is a add on (Information like a work around to it, etc) and not a repeat or copy of someone elses post/information we learned in the thread it should be good I would say, and it could be open for discussion again.

Somethings can become so old they are new to other people.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

As long as it is a add on (Information like a work around to it, etc) and not a repeat or copy of someone elses post/information we learned in the thread it should be good I would say, and it could be open for discussion again.

Somethings can become so old they are new to other people.
    I agree; though, this is rarely the case. From my experience thus far, only about 10% of these posts can fall under your description.

I was just saying I was good if that happened, and not good if it wasn't the case :3

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Hello everyone! Just stopping by to answer a few questions for you all. "Bumping" which stands for Bring Up My Post is something we ask all members to avoid doing, as if they are not getting any more posts it is generally because no one has an opinion to add to the thread or remark. Or because the thread is older and other topics related may have been diverged upon and the fact that it does take away from the newer threads.

You are allowed to bump your free market thread. This is the one exception we make as we want members to re-use that thread & sometimes you just need to bump it back to the top when you post new items or new deals for people!

Bumping -- grave digging, whatever you may want to call it -- also distracts from the topic at hand and is considered spam if it is done on many threads and many posts. If you see people bumping a lot of topics, feel free to click the report button. We want people to discuss and contribute to the site. If you like to open up a topic to discuss a previous matter -- as long as it was not closed by a staff member -- that is also an option to members.

Thanks for taking notice and respecting other threads! We really appreciate it.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Jaime Rider is offline Master Gamer

Can we bump avatar/signature shops?

Sylvester is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    I believe it is possible, though re-opening may be limited to certain threads. Overall, I suppose it is a little overdoing it to supply twice the time period for Somebody Help threads. A 30 day time limit seems fair.
    That's fine with me.

2. I've seen an automerged post (or two) and am not concerned about that matter in regards to bumping up old threads.

Could I inquire about what a double post is then (in your first post)?
    It wasn't part of the main point, merely a courtesy call/explanation. I'll edit it as it seems to confuse you, which was not my intention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12