Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Role Play Discussion Thread -- Have a question about role playing? click here!

I've recreated this and stuck it again, as I will be your main contact for this section.

This thread is for role playing discussion and questions. If you are new to role playing and have a question about rules, or how to get started. Post here! If you would like some opinions on things, post here as well...

Please note: This is not a chat thread, posts must be on the topic of role plays.

Since question #1 will probably be "How do I start a role play," the answer is, send Ashley Preciousfable a pm or post Ashley Preciousfable's profile. I'm not sure yet how many rps we'll have running at a time, how many we'll add each month, etc., so please be patient. Some rp topics just won't be approved. These will include Twilight (please get my permission before you do any thread with vampires), celebrities, schools (we may allow some later), and reality based rps. For now, let's think fantasy.

If you have more questions about how to get a thread approved - click HERE (RP Waiting list/Acceptance FAQ).

Oh, and question #2: Links to other rp sites are not allowed for legal reasons. The exception is for links to threads on BI, FRI, and WI. Since Wendy and Justin own all three sites, there's no problem with links between them!

Question #3: What is a role play? -- Role playing is more like interacting to create a story and writing. So by posting "Hi, how are you" the character is creating an opening for that interaction ~ just like you would in person. Sometimes you can select your cabin/dorm/house, but most of the time the "owner" of the thread will sort the characters by personality types -- which makes it fun and exciting to see where you go to! Its not really for discussing a book, but for creating your own stories based around a pre-created environment (free realms) or creating one of your own (bananas of the black sea).

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Default Role Play Discussion Thread -- Have a question about role playing? click here!

What do the rolplays have to be about?

Vhisola is offline Explorer

Default Re: Role play discussion and questions

Hello! I was wondering, do you only roleplay in the forums here on FRI or do you gather for small team roleplays ingame? It'd be fun to get to meet everyone else 'round here.

Oh and I heard the server 2 was an unofficial RP server, is that true?

Default Re: Role play discussion and questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Noblemind View Post
    What do the rolplays have to be about?
    Anything you want, as long as it is appropriate for FRI and follows our role play rules

Quote Originally Posted by Vhisola View Post
    Hello! I was wondering, do you only roleplay in the forums here on FRI or do you gather for small team roleplays ingame? It'd be fun to get to meet everyone else 'round here.

Oh and I heard the server 2 was an unofficial RP server, is that true?
    Hi Vhisola,

I have participated in role plays within the game. But right now we are trying to grow the forums community as well, and it is easy to pop in and leave a reply..pop out...etc. I am not sure how active server 2 is with role playing, but it was the unofficial server for that.

I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Role Play Discussion Thread -- Have a question about role playing? click here!

Um... Can we use this for chatting about role-plays too? Because on "Adventures Beyond" we wanted to discuss a plot, but we were worried about getting off-topic. Can we talk about that here?
    Allons-y.

Default Re: Role Play Discussion Thread -- Have a question about role playing? click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Wolfheart View Post
    Um... Can we use this for chatting about role-plays too? Because on "Adventures Beyond" we wanted to discuss a plot, but we were worried about getting off-topic. Can we talk about that here?
    Yes, you may. But you can talk about plots there...but not too much. Role plays are for role playing, not for chatting.
    So as long as it stays about the role play and a plot, and not about something else... it should be OK.

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

I know on the roleplay FAQ it says the wait to make a roleplay (to get it approved) is 3 months.....does that still stand, or is it longer or shorter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Noblemind View Post
    I know on the roleplay FAQ it says the wait to make a roleplay (to get it approved) is 3 months.....does that still stand, or is it longer or shorter?
    That is the approx. wait time. It could be longer, it could be shorter. Just make sure you send me a PM with your idea to get it onto the waiting list!

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Hi, I was just wondering why only one RP is open at the time. I was worried about that because I thought it meant it wouldn't be a good time to submit an RP.

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

I was kinda wondering about that too. Dark Quest seemed to be popular, why was it closed? I also applied to start a role-play; I wish the wait time wasn't so long.
    Allons-y.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast