Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 5038 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Title: Adventures beyond -- Chapter one: It's your world!

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Adventures beyond -- Chapter one: It's your world!

(This role play is approved -- Ashley Preciousfable)

Welcome everyone.

This role play is based around the world of free realms; a world I'm sure we are all familiar with. There will be many opportunities to create a new and exciting story for your character and interact with other members. While this role play will take place on the forums. I highly recommend trying to develop your stories in game as well! its a blast to role play with friends ~

Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:

All FRI and Role play rules apply here. -- Be sure to read the role playing rules for more information on what is and is not allowed!

Every one is welcome - new players are great!
    Please post your character form to join. But there is no need to wait for permission to start, this is only for those role playing to know about your character (a little bit about it!)

First or third person is welcome.
    - First person is writing like this: "I stepped onto the dirt road" and this is third person: "Missgnomie stepped onto the dirt road".

No meanness between characters (or members)! although Pixies and Chugawugs may disagree they do not hurt each while doing it -- lets keep it friendly.

While combat jobs are great, there is to be no blood or gore.
    Free realms is a friendly place & Just like in game the creatures or characters will be "knocked out" and vanish.

Keep in mind that power playing or god-modeling it not allowed! Power playing is when you use other member's characters or make them do things. And God-modeling is when your character has no flaws at all -- everyone has flaws!

No romance -- this is pretty self explanatory.
    Your characters may have "crushes" on each other, but may not have any physical contact between each other. No telling the character you like them either. This includes hand holding, kissing, and hugging (brother and sisters may hug).

Your character may have multiple jobs, but try to find them a focus for their story.
    Perhaps they wish to become a member of the Queen's guard or Start a card dueling cafe.

Try and find ways for everyone to interact. - This is only polite to do. Its not fun sitting in the woods all by yourself! Try to go to where the action is.

You may have more then one character if you like.

If you have a suggestion for a plot (a story to play out), please send me a PM with the details.

Remember to use OOC when speaking out of character --
    ((Like this - I am speaking out of character now)) but also remember this is not a chat or game thread. This is for role playing!

Remember to flag any content that is not allowed or send myself a PM.

Most of all -- have fun!

You do not need to be approved to start role playing, just post your information and have fun!

Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 08-01-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: .

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Default Re: Adventures beyond -- Chapter one: It's your world!

Free realms role play information:

**Towns within free realms -- please select one for your character's home town.

The Sanctuary ~ The Busy venue.

Often is the first stop for many adventurers This town is known for its hustle and bustle from those visiting and as a great place to find a traveling companion.
    Those who reside here have taken advantage of their well placed location and often sell many collectors and vendors of various items. Although not always for a fair value.

The Sanctuary is also Home to the Pixie queen held up in her tree palace surrounded by a vast body of water. And the Queen's Guards who can be seen patrolling the vendors and market area watching for tricksters and trouble makers.

Surrounding the town stands a moat, Honey's field and the treasure vault below.

Sea side ~ The breezy village.

Residents of this town by the sea are known for their carefree nature.
    Often found by the ocean at night exchanging stories by the fire side or playing cards by the cafe patio. Due to its beautiful views this village is often chosen for get together or parties by many wishing to escape the busy nature of the sanctuary.

Shrouded Glade ~ The serene sanctum.

Home to the Druids. Those who take up residence here are "one with nature".
    Various plants grow freely often tended by the Pixie who are studying cooking or the ways of the druid. Animals of all kinds roam freely interacting with members of this village.

The land consists of various water mills, parks & hills.

Snow hill ~ The chilly cove.

Nestled in the mountains to the north, the residents of Snowhill pride themselves on their hot springs. The Valley in which the village sits often is described as a frozen cove, sitting between three mountains with a body of frozen water just on the outskirts of the town.

Those who can brave the winter weather have good relations with the penguins, who are experienced mail penguins who deliver the mail on blustery winter days when the Pixies and Humans are huddled up in side.

Wugachug ~ The Carnival.

Wugachug is a colorful town run by the Chugawugs. Popular for its entertainment, fine food and interesting people. Various entertainment can be found here including live music, trained animals (such as exotic birds and bears) and the ever popular mail chugs.

Residents here tend to stay up late into the hours and focus on the fast pace side of life.

Merry Vale ~ The quiet paradise.

For those looking for a quieter pace - maybe Merry vale would suit you.
    Filled with beautiful landscape, large golden sunflowers and balloons of many colors - Merry vale is just that, a cheery piece of paradise.

The Pixies here pride themselves on the simple things, finding pleasure in fishing - harvesting - gifts & parties by on the hill side.

Black Spore Swamp ~ The isolated corner.

This isolated camp sits in the southern corner of free realms. Its name comes from the black spores that the swamp life spread. Gloomy from the lack of sunlight - which also effects plant life - this swamp holds many dying trees and animals of the more exotic nature.

However, not everyone is frightened of these bleak surroundings. A small camp has been set up within the swamp to provide refuge tho those looking for a more exotic nature.

Crossroads/High Roads Junction/Stillwater Crossing ~
    The adventurers pit stop.

These towns are often called the pit stops of free realms, ideally placed between larger stops of adventurers passing by. Although small in size - all three host a great meeting point for those looking to meet up by not wanting to travel far.

The few locals have often been known to open the doors of their homes for those late around the roads.

Biarwood ~ The forgotten maze.

Deep within the briarpatch of briarwood holds the Chugawug guard and their queen. Within it holds many exotic plant life, including various species of mushrooms. Those who do come from Biarwood are often reserved in nature. The tales they tell are different from the other folks of the realms.
    Tales of dark adventures, creatures of woe and dark cold nights.

Lakeshore ~ The water's guardian.

Lakeshore is a small fishing village found off the coast of a small body of water.
    The village is small in size, focusing mostly on farming and fishing. Although it is rumored to be home to some specialty combat professions.

It is highly praised for its food and welcoming nature.

Character types available -- you may create a character exclusively for the roleplay, or use one of your characters from the free realms game:

Humans: The Humans are new to the adventures in free realms. Although personality often varies humans tend to be curious in nature & natural explorers. They are also quick learners and have studied the blade and magic from the pixies quickly. Known to be the diplomats of the realms, often over seeing discussions between the pixies and chugawugs.

Pixies: Pixies tend to be gentle fun loving creatures, interested in caring for nature and its animals. They are never afraid to wield magic or a blade in defense of these creatures or the crown.

Chugawugs: Large in size, the chugawug is not the diplomat. Will often wield a blade and ask questions later. Known for its strong defense of the crown in Briarwood and its love of food (often slowing the mail delivery in chugawug).

Rob Goblin: Tricksters by nature, these goblins love collecting various items found around free realms. They are not to be under estimated - A whiz at business, they often try to set up shop in busy areas
    and swindle a deal in their favor from the uneducated adventurers.

Here is a list of jobs:

Adventurer.
    Archer.
    Blacksmith.
    Brawler.
    Card Duelist.
    Chef.
    Demo Derby Driver.
    Kart Driver.
    Medic.
    Miner.
    Ninja.
    Pet Trainer.
    Postman.
    Warrior.
    Wizard.

Character form -- Please VM or PM this to me to be added to the list
    You do not need to wait to be accepted in order to begin role playing:

Name:
    Character's age:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Job/career:
    Home realm:
    A brief history:

I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Story line -- Chapter one:

Sitting across from you at the sanctuary's small cafe beyond the mailboxes, sits an elderly pixie. Although you are not sure if you have met; the Pixie keeps motioning for you to come closer. Seeing no harm in the this, you sit down at the table to join the Pixie who smiles broadly. "Let me tell you a story of this town, as I think you are new to these realms. It will not take long and you may have heard rumors that have been spread. But young one, I assure you--I speak nothing but the truth."

You nod slowly, anxious to learn more about this busy town.

With a twinkle in his eye the Pixie speaks once again, sitting back slightly in the wooden chair in which he rests. "Our story begins in the sanctuary. Within the town square a young pixie --not much older then yourself-- began to hear the gossip of the towns folks sitting quietly at this very cafe. "I have heard rumors the sister has returned" one pink haired wizard hissed under her breath; "The question must be posed to the queen. The Druids must be reinstated".

The two pixies sitting with her frown. They are more modest in appearance, looking to be adventurers of sorts. The first one to the right of the pink haired wizard speaks, "Mum said the druids were banished to the shroud when the guards over took the protection of the family" she whispered with a small wave of her hand towards the north. The second one shook her head and motioned for the two others to lean in, "I heard they did not support the Queen and chose to defy the pixie order and not take part in this war."

The young wizard frowned at her two companions and gave a wave her petite hands, motioning towards the town square - "not here sisters, we will speak else where." - and with that, they quickly vanished amongst the crowd.

Quickly the visiting Pixie forgot the whispering - or perhaps the Pixie misplaced the thought for a moment as she collided with a small rob goblin who quickly tried to sell her more products (used stamps) which she gently declined. Since the last time she was here with her mother as a small child, the town has changed. This you might have noted by the addition of the rob goblins and the many Chugawugs that now lined the streets trying to sell their wares.

Among the busy market, there are cries of new alliances forming. Guilds of craftsmen and adventurers alike are involving themselves in these royal affairs; hoping for fame, adventure and fortune. Rumors had spread that the Queen's throne was being challenged again by another, which left the small town on edge. The normal business of the market was quick, but today it grew more nervous with every fleeting moment. The patrol seemed to pass by more often in the town square, eying every citizen and visitor with a harsh glare.

At every passing, a new adventure starts. Today you must begin yours.
    The realms are now threatened by a new way of life. The question is how will your role effect the out come. Will you offer your services to the guards? seek rewards and fame? Or perhaps create a cafe for adventurers to exchange stories."

With a short pause, he leans forward. "And that is for you to decide, my friend."

Just as quickly as he beckoned you over, the sly old pixie sits up and stumbles on his way through the crowd and you are left to ponder these words.

(This sets up the main plot. In order to begin you will want to place your character in sanctuary and "meet" the others!)

Tom FlameBolt1 is offline Master Gamer

"i look around the shops to see if i want to buy something thinking about what the old pixie said"

SnowQueeny2 is offline Amateur Gamer

Name: Strawberry Rush
    Character type: Human...
    Character's age:14
    Appearance: Jet black hair, green eyes, and cinnamon skinned.
    Personality: Bubbly, funny, outgoing, unique, adventurous, self-conscious(occasionally), and outspoken.
    Job/career: Adventurer
    Home realm: Sanctuary
    A brief history: Strawberry lives in Sanctuary. With her mom and sister. They're middle class and traditionally, the eldest child will take on responsibility for the family. Since turning 13 Strawberry was an adventurer looking for sources to keep her family happy and healthy, sometimes looking for a pace of change.

**I'm going to start off;;;CORRECTLY;; that is**

Strawberry soon finds herself in the Sanctuary. All the way there she was pondering the old man's words. She soons finds herself hiking up the short hill to the heart of Santuary. She sits down at a near table. All that walking as taken a toll on her breathing. Sitting down, Strawberry finds herself lost in her own thoughts and what she had overheard that day.
    StrawberryRush
    <-Simply Snow Kissed>
    Find Me On Server 1;;Ask For The Life Of The Party;;Len Tao Lover♥

((Welcome you two!))

Felicity on the other hand, was not paying very close attention (although she did note the Pixie had now seem to draw a crowd together) to the story. She was much too busy noting the number of flowers in the Sanctuary.

Too caught up in counting the flowers with her small index finger, she bumps carelessly into the Boy who was looking around the shops. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she stammered, "I didn't see you there. I was too busy counting the flowers!".

SnowQueeny2 is offline Amateur Gamer

Strawberry looks up to which looks like a possible commotion. She stands up and remembers that she was supposed to purchase Rare Flowers for her mother's shop today. She sighs and stands up
    StrawberryRush
    <-Simply Snow Kissed>
    Find Me On Server 1;;Ask For The Life Of The Party;;Len Tao Lover♥

"hi am jack speedfighter and you" i say to who i bumped into

"My name is Felicity! What are you up to?" placing a hand on her hip she pointed a finger towards the girl who just stood up "And who are you? what are you doing?" she giggled at the seriousness' of the silly situation. How odd that they all met up in such a fashion!

im just seeing if they have any chef supllies. jack said looking at the signs of the shops