Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default The Complete History of Free Realms Research Project

This is the Research Project we've been needing. We need to collect information on the History of Free Realms and Document them. Along with some other stuff. It makes things easy to look up for Roleplayers and Story Writers.

Below is the Story from the Caverns. Typed Word for Word.

Story -
    In ancient times, all of the world's races lived in harmony. Their leaders formed the Gleam Council to protect and guide the races. Their intention was pure - mantaining peace throughout the realm. This period of time was known as the Age of Harmony. The Gleam leaders did not agree on everything, and the gap between council members grew until an opposing council was formed. This new group wanted to control everyone, inferring they were best suited to tell people how to live their lives. This was the beginning of the Gloam Council. The Gloam worked covertly, growing more and more powerful. They were so secretive the Gleam Council didn't even know about them until it was too late - the Gloam built a powerful artifact that could be used to bind all magic to them. Since all living things had some amount of magic within them, they could practically control the world. The plan worked, but for a minor flaw - not everyone succumbed to the artifact's control. Nearly every magical creature was affected by the Binding. Staring with cold, empty eyes, carrying on with their daily tasks, the joy in their lives was gone. A few powerful heroes of the day were able to protect themselves from the Binding, banding together in secrecy to plan the artifact's destruction. The heroes spread word to all the races, "Flee, for the magic unleashed may have catastrophic effects!" They then approached the Gloam artifact, knowing full well its destruction would result in their own demise. Battling through unwitting mobs and powerful wizards, the heroes combined their powers breaching the magical defenses and shattering the artifact's physical shell. This resulted in the Unbinding, which freed the people, but sent a tidal wave of magic across the lands. While the heroes fought, the races retreated: the elves erected the crystal barrier, the dwarves dug deep into their mountains, the humans sailed away, and the pixies went underground. As years passed, the pixies transformed the dark forlorn cave into a warm, cheery home. Everyone assumed that there was no life left above, content to stay in the caves forever. That is, until the changelings arrived. Pixie scouts always said the lands above were devoid of life, but the appearance of the changelings meant that life did, indeed, exist up top. As the queen, Ayani the Druidess decided she would venture forth alone and brave the world above. However, when she flitted out of the caves, she saw nothing but desolation as far as the eye could see. Gone were the flowers and the trees and everything else she remembered as a child. Saddened by the barren lands, Ayani began to cry. Such was her sorrow that her tears formed lakes and rivers where her tears touched the ground, plants began to blossom. Seeing this miracle, other pixies emerged, and coaxed life back into the land. When Ayani passed, she left behind the Heartseed. With the royal family nurturing it, the Heartseed grew into the mighty World Tree, the center of the pixie's world.

This section is based on Pixie Folklore.

Old Pixie in Caverns.

"Ayani never again left that place. It was the founding of our current capital city, which she named Sanctuary in memory of the sheltering caverns below. When Ayani eventually passed on, they buried her at that spot, at the center of what is now called The Lake of Tears.
    A few days after they buried Ayani, the pixes noticed a tree sprouting from her grave. It grew larger and larger, forming the Heartseed in the caverns bleow, and the World Tree up above."

Please feel free to contribute to this Project
    Last edited by James Darkshadow; 06-22-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: The Complete History of Free Realms Research Project

Thanks! I know all of this already, but if you make any further studies it could really help with my book! And it's convenient to have this all in one place!

Heh, I might create a Story about the Past of Free Realms. Following the Lore completely, but writing the stories of the words behind these words. Like the heroes.... who were they? What did they have to face? Or Accomplish? It is about to be a RP in AB, but I might ask Ashley to make it an actual RP Thread if I work on it and turn it into something that will follow the Storyline of Free Realms, yet allow you to actually do things and RP.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by James Darkshadow View Post
    Heh, I might create a Story about the Past of Free Realms. Following the Lore completely, but writing the stories of the words behind these words. Like the heroes.... who were they? What did they have to face? Or Accomplish? It is about to be a RP in AB, but I might ask Ashley to make it an actual RP Thread if I work on it and turn it into something that will follow the Storyline of Free Realms, yet allow you to actually do things and RP.
    *Imagines a cool idea* An RP about adventures in past Free Realms... wouldn't it be cool if an book or RP began in the age of harmony? :O

Ehh, I was thinking more of the times where the heroes had to go on adventures and journeys to destroy the artifact to free the Realms, eventually ending it in their demise. That RP might last about a Month, and when it ends, I will write a post that will Say [End of Part 1] and then it can go onto the times after that, where the different Races are in different places, underground hiding and stuff. It could be a 3 Part Roleplay or something. RPing what happens in the time of the Gleam could be nice, and harmony.

Ehh, I was thinking more of the times where the heroes had to go on adventures and journeys to destroy the artifact to free the Realms, eventually ending it in their demise. That RP might last about a Month, and when it ends, I will write a post that will Say [End of Part 1] and then it can go onto the times after that, where the different Races are in different places, underground hiding and stuff. It could be a 3 Part Roleplay or something. RPing what happens in the time of the Gleam could be nice, and harmony.
    I mean, it begins in the age of harmony, and then everything starts to split up and go crazy, and then they get to the hero's story!

Yeah, exactly

Yeah, exactly
    My book will have some FR lore in it, so this stuff could be helpful.
    Have you read my book?

Actually, I have I've looked at it, and I like it. I just haven't posted on it.

Actually, I have I've looked at it, and I like it. I just haven't posted on it.
    Well, whenever you want, you can post on it.

Hmm... this would be a lot easier of SOE made a FR history center or something on the forums that was actually official, and then it would be easier... xD But that would ruin the fun of doing research.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast