Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Speed advice?

RogueSlayer is offline Newbie Explorer

Default Speed advice?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to increase your base run speed as a postman? I bought a pair of shoes with Station Cash that I think have 30 power but I saw no notable increase (if any) after using them.
    In game name = Roguesbane

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Speed advice?

I haven't had a chance to take a good look at the equipment
    I found what the quests gave to be minor (although a bit of a boost appeared to be there? I would have to check again) and the best I could do was to turn off click to move and make sure my camera was zoomed right out to see dogs. Sometimes it takes more then one try to complete the route (I remember the third quest to be very hard - running the route) and sometimes you can inch a few steps forward and face in the direction you need to start in and then start the quest..

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Cyn Raindrop is offline Pro Gamer

Yes any of the timed tasks for all the different jobs can be quite challenging... especially if your computer isn't the fastest model out there. Most of the timed quests have taken me many many many tries before I was successful. I will not embarrass myself by saying exactly HOW many attempts some of them have taken me... he he

RogueSlayer is offline Newbie Explorer

lol I think the last one I did to hit level 20 took about 20 trys. There were just way too many trees, bushes and other items around that one gets "stuck" on.

But, from what I have been able to find, it seems that the power rating on items does not really do anything. So, as these shoes I bought only have a power rating, and not other stats, they must only be a cosmetic item.

Live and learn
    In game name = Roguesbane

Neoanne409 is offline Amateur Gamer

So far I'm just a "noob" postgirl, but on the plus side it's only taken me one try for everything! hah..I've tried alot of shoes and clothes, but so far I haven't noticed a speed boost. It sure would help when I have to travel halfway to a warpstone, because warping to it still gives me half way to go XD

Magicyop is offline Explorer

As far as I know the only item that increases your speed is Rudulfo's Speedy Kicks, a reward from finishing all Postman collections. The speed increase is very noticeable.

Julie Flutterheart is offline Newbie Explorer

I can't even complete the initial deliveries be a postman! I can only get Sunset or Sunrise delivered and then time is up!

Neoanne409 is offline Amateur Gamer

Try looking around mailboxes. Like the one in Sanctuary. If you can't win on your own, try to finish the collections. Then you'll be so much faster, and it'll be easier.
    ♥~Violets Free Market~♥
    Equipment, Accessories, Shards, Consumables, TCG & Collections! Stop by today!

Magicyop is offline Explorer

I finished my collection entirely in sanctuary, by simply circling sunrise or sunset street. It's kind of bad, because there are a lot of people there who will take the collection pieces, but it's made up by the fact that the spawns are very quick, very close together.

Here's a tip to help you finish delivering: Never take your finger off of the 'up key'. You need to be gliding past mailboxes and just click them as you go. Remember to look at your map, all the green dots will be the mailboxes, so you can aim for them. Just keep your finger on the up key and be constantly gliding along your route. You'll get it eventually.

misselty is offline Explorer

Snowhill worked well for me for collections.

Rudolpho's Speedy Kicks can only be equipped at Level 20 though, so I don't think that's going to be the solution. xD

I found that I had to try a few times for most of the delivery mini-games. So I guess the key is patience! =)
    And after going over it so many times, you get used to the streets and manoeuvring around.

Also, the quest path can be distracting and lead you a longer way, so skim through your list of addresses, and look at the map, so you don't miss mailboxes while you're within the area.

Good luck! =)