Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Title: Questions I have about the pet trainer

Default Questions I have about the pet trainer

Q. When you get a pet trainer apron do you unlock that job
    Q. What was the pet trainer job exactly? Did you train pets? (obviously) but like how did you train em?
    Q. Were there Pet Training mini-games?
    Q. As you leveled up could you buy different pet trainer gear?

Oh yeah and if you have an apron Im totally jealous I want one badly but Im always broke LOL Imma peasant
    IGN: Arie Flamingheart

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Questions I have about the pet trainer

A. No A. No Idea A. IDK A. Don't think so I know many things on this subject

True story!

Aubss is offline Master Gamer

Q. When you get a pet trainer apron do you unlock that job I dont get what you are saying here
    Q. What was the pet trainer job exactly? Did you train pets? (obviously) but like how did you train em? Yes you trained pets , on my old character I did pet trials to get pets . You train them the same way you do now , the trick button .
    Q. Were there Pet Training mini-games? I don't remember , probably not .
    Q. As you leveled up could you buy different pet trainer gear? I don't think you bought it , I know you started out with a woodland apron , sandrift pants and boots .

My memory about the job has faded , since I maxed it and it was a long time ago , lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Baybo View Post
    A. No A. No Idea A. IDK A. Don't think so I know many things on this subject
    LOL -too short-

Quote Originally Posted by Aubss View Post
    Q. When you get a pet trainer apron do you unlock that job I dont get what you are saying here
    Q. What was the pet trainer job exactly? Did you train pets? (obviously) but like how did you train em? Yes you trained pets , on my old character I did pet trials to get pets . You train them the same way you do now , the trick button .
    Q. Were there Pet Training mini-games? I don't remember , probably not .
    Q. As you leveled up could you buy different pet trainer gear? I don't think you bought it , I know you started out with a woodland apron , sandrift pants and boots .

My memory about the job has faded , since I maxed it and it was a long time ago , lol .
    First question was When you get an apron does that job unlock... When you get an apron can you do the job?

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle Ringsong View Post
    First question was When you get an apron does that job unlock... When you get an apron can you do the job?
    No. You just get an apron.

The job doesn't exist anymore.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

Quote Originally Posted by Kayopuro View Post
    No. You just get an apron.

The job doesn't exist anymore.
    Sadly Anyone know WHY they removed it?

Kat Azurehaven is offline Amateur Gamer

Sadly Anyone know WHY they removed it?
    I sent a ticket about it one time asking why they got rid of the job... and they replied to me saying... "It was too confusing for players" O_O..... WEIRDOS

"Insanity is like gravity, all you need is a little push" ~ Joker
    IGN: Kàt

chris30s is offline Master Gamer

Q. When you get a pet trainer apron do you unlock that job
    Q. What was the pet trainer job exactly? Did you train pets? (obviously) but like how did you train em?
    Q. Were there Pet Training mini-games?
    Q. As you leveled up could you buy different pet trainer gear?
    A. No, the job has been removed, so any character created after that removal will never have the job.

A. Yes, you had to train your pet to do each of the different tricks by repeatedly tracing a light pattern, sort of like the music conductor minigame we have now. Here's a video from YouTube that shows it: Free Realms Pet Training - YouTube

A. No, not like the minigames now. But each trick earned you a few coins, depending on how well you traced the path.

A. No, you didn't buy it. As you reached different levels, it was in the questline rewards.
    Happy gaming!
    Christine
    IGN: Marisol Bluesurf and Marisol Dreamchaser

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Here are some juicy details: I will use myself and my favorite dog, Scruffy, as an example.

Everytime you trained for a while on a trick with one of your pets, they got better at the trick. What you would do is: click on the trick you wanted your pet to learn better, and it would bring up this red pattern you needed to outline, and once you finished the outline, if you missed a line or two by a bit, the trick would be less impressive. That is how you got stars. There was no questline, except for the introduction to Pet Trainer. I honestly don't know how other Aprons were received, it's been a while. I believe you had to be a certain Pet Trainer level in order to do certain tricks. Back then, there were only Cats, Dogs, Ghost Cats, and Ghost Dogs. Pet Trainer was removed because apparently people were complaining about the tracing games being too hard, and SOE was like "Oh, forget it." I'm sure there's more details, but that's all I have managed to scrounge up information on since Pet Trainer was no longer considered a job.

Hope that was helpful!

-Edit- I almost forgot. In the most recent podcast for FR, the Producer of Free Realms said "We might even consider bringing back old jobs that were previously removed." The only job that was ever removed was Pet Trainer, so we might just get it back one of these days.
    Last edited by zachpuppy; 07-10-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Arielle Ringsong likes this.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast