Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Stephanieangel is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Wanted: Chapter One

I know what you're thinking, "She's doing this again? Didn't she get the message last time?" Well, no, I guess I didn't, you see I like writing. I've decided whether or not my previous stories have gotten any positive attention, I'm not giving up!
    Instead of long character introductions, I decided to pluck my characters right out of FR and shove them in a book. Though I must admit Skye was against the idea, until one mentioned fame of course. Orchid was thrilled, and packed her backpack before I even finished telling her about it. She packed only the essentials, extra clothes, paint, her squirrel and so on. I just agreed to go with them so they didn't kill each other. My apologizes if the intro seems long...

Wanted: Chapter One: Plan of Action:

My eyes fluttered open and closed as the light poured through the bedroom windows. I pulled the thick red covers over her head and moaned, trying to ignore Tao's and Mojo's calls of hunger from the kitchen. I reluctantly pulled myself from bed, dug through my messy wardrobe and got ready for the day. After filling five food dishes, I was ready to crawl back into bed. I just didn't have the energy today, but I'd have to find it soon enough, there was a light knock on the front door. Then it turned into a hard banging,
    "Oh Skye be quiet." Orchid muttered tapping the door softly. Skye rolled her eyes and muttered something about prissy under her breath. I opened the door and Orchid fluttered in,
    "Morning!" She called.
    "Ah, yes, morning?" I asked, still a little asleep.
    Skye looked her over,
    "Party late last night?"
    I shook my head,
    "Normal day, mostly farming and..."
    "Boring!" Skye almost yelled, I was fully awake now, Orchid was covering her ears,
    "How one person could make so much noise I'll never understand." She sighed, "come on all let's be out in the glorious sunshine."

"Oh yippee." Skye said, her voice laced with sarcastic enthusiasm. "Another wonderfully perfect pixie type day in Free Realms!"
    "Where do you think they got the saying 'pixie perfect'? Orchid asked.

"We have to decide on what to do today." Orchid said as we lazed next to the pool, watching Luna swim. "We must accomplish something."
    "For once, the pixie has a point. I mean all we ever do is hang out and watch things like that." Skye motioned to Mojo and Tao chasing Taz around the yard, Orchid yelped and flew to her squirrel's assistance.
    "I guess we could use more excitement." I mused, stroking Rascal's ears, as he snored loudly in my lap. "Though things can be exciting around here, remember my last party?"
    "Yeah when Murph knocked Marla in the pool... dogs shouldn't use the high dive..." Skye chuckled then shook her head, "I don't think that girl likes us much."
    Orchid then reappeared, packing little Taz in her arms,
    "Exploration." She declared triumphantly.
    "Been there, done that." Skye sighed.
    "Got the midriff." I added.
    "Oh, but I meant places no one has ever been before." Orchid said as she glided around with excitement, "imagine exploring everything, everywhere!"
    "We've got nothing to lose." Commented Skye."I would like to be known around here for something more than being at the same party where mean Marla was mortified by Murph."
    "It's settled then." Orchid said giving Tiny Taz a loving squeeze.

"Now." Orchid said holding out a map for Skye and myself to see. "I say we explore Lavender Coast, it sounds so pretty."
    Skye faked a gagged, "pretty boring. What about Black Forest? Now that sounds interesting."
    "How about we flip a coin or something? Make it fair and all." I suggested before it turned into all out war.
    When that was over, Orchid cheered and we started off for Lavender Coast Pass.

Chapter Two: Lavender Coast's Mystery...
    Is being written and will be posted if this one gets any interest, thanks for reading, I hope you're enjoying it. I will be writing about all the unexplored corners of FR, and more. If you want to figure out why it's called wanted, you'll have to keep reading it, as I myself have yet to fit it all in. I am planning a short series of it if anyone can put up with my characters <3
    ~StephanieAngel~

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas, just like the ones I've always known, where wet trees glisten,
    and children listen, as they shake their presents long before they're shown!

StarwarsRus is offline Explorer

Default Re: Wanted: Chapter One

Wow, no replies yet, maybe you should consider giving up. I don't mean to be a downer but, your luck hasn't changed xD

Andeee
    Me: Stephanieee please? Stef: No! Me: Pleaseee? Just give me one guild, you have three... Stef: Four actually >.>
    BTW hope you don't mind I used one of your pics for my avvie

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by StarwarsRus View Post
    Wow, no replies yet, maybe you should consider giving up. I don't mean to be a downer but, your luck hasn't changed xD

Andeee
    ....That was extremely rude. Just because someone doesn't look the second (or day) it is posted doesn't mean it isn't good. It just means no one has looked.

Thank you for Color Coding the Character's Text, and great use of grammar lol. I don't see why anyone wouldn't reply to this. I think it was pretty good.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Thanks so much James, I'm glad you liked it
    Don't mind Andee, he loves to tease, I don't think he meant any harm.

~StephanieAngel~

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas, just like the ones I've always known, where wet trees glisten,

StarwarsRus is offline Explorer

I can't believe I got trashed for that lol. I was only kidding, even Steffiee knew that, I guess it's just cause no one knows me yet. N E Wayz the story was good, and I'm sure someone else will post, after all it's been read.
    P.S. I know you'll never give up, and if someone says they don't like it, ignore them. You'll be laughing when your main series is on the shelves soon! XD
    Me: Stephanieee please? Stef: No! Me: Pleaseee? Just give me one guild, you have three... Stef: Four actually >.>
    BTW hope you don't mind I used one of your pics for my avvie

Even though I didn't get many posts, I'll be posting he second chapter tonight probably, depending on what I get written this morning.
    Ty to everyone who's read it!
    ~StephanieAngel~

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Interesting... the first chapter starts with a normal day, like many other books. Interesting idea, exploring the places that haven't come out yet. Hope it turns out nice!

Default Wanted: Chapter Two

Thanks Kelvin! That means a lot coming from a very famous Free Realms author like you.
    And it seems like a lot of my stories start with just another day, it's a good way to introduce the characters and their personalities.

Now for Chapter Two: Lavender Coast's Mystery:

~We all stood, staring at the barricade. Orchid was deep in thought, fluttering this way and that. I was just looking for a way around it, but it seemed to be well protected. It was Skye who got us over, she just climbed over it, then lifted her Hanzo over,
    "Oh, great tree he's heavy." Skye muttered.
    "Well I guess that's the simple way to do it." Orchid sighed, as she made a flying jump and just cleared the fence. The next thing they knew, I was already ahead, chuckling to myself.
    "Show off." Skye scolded.
    "I think it's very impressive." Smiled Orchid.
    "Of course you do miss nice."
    "I'm a pixie, it's in our nature."
    "I've met a few cranky ones."
    "Oh yeah? Who?"
    "Like you when I get my way, for once."

The arguing continued all the way up the steep winding trail, as it rose to it's climax, the view spread out in front of us. Everyone was silenced, even Taz, who had been squeaking angrily from Orchid's backpack since the trip began.
    "It's beautiful." Orchid breathed softly, her voice echoing as it was carried by the gentle wind.
    "It's girly." Skye sighed with disappointment.
    We made our way down the cliff face to the beach, the view was amazing, it bore a slight resemblance to Seaside, but it had it's own unique beauty. The sand was so white one could have thought it was snow, the ocean was glittering a brilliant but faded azure. The rocky hillsides were covered from top to bottom with lush lavender plants. The whole beach gave the illusion of a dream, and it was silent. So silent you could here the wind whistling around you, you could hear the soft crash of the waves as they hit the shore.

We spent a few hours, well maybe days, I couldn't tell which, the beach was so relaxing it nearly lulled you to sleep. The world we had known faded away, I began a journal of this magnificent place, Orchid began painting after painting, and Skye wandered off with a deep sense of safety, singing along to the wind's gentle tune.

"It makes me feel like I've been here before." Orchid stated, shortly after she finished her newest painting.
    "Like we've always been here, such a deep sense of familiarity."
    Then I heard something on the wind, so faint it sounded like a spirit's ghostly call, Orchid's ears perked. She'd obviously heard it too, only more clearly than I.
    "What's wrong?"
    "I don't know." Orchid answered, turning to the direction where Skye had disappeared. Skye was coming back, but not strolling back, she was running faster than a ninja being chased by man eating plants. When she reached us she was out of breath, muttering something neither of us could understand. Instead of waiting for her voice to return, Skye motioned us to follower, and took off. Orchid and I raced after her.

When we arrived at Skye's spot on the beach, I stopped in my tracks, even Orchid dropped to her feet,
    "What... what is it?" She asked panting. Skye was staring into the air, the sky in this part of the beach was blue like normal. Until the sun began to rise, the beach we were on changed lighting until it cast a lilac glow on everything, and most interestingly, a dark cave. When the sun hit the cave, crystals on the wall shone, giving it an eerie glow.

"What now?" Orchid asked. Skye had already started toward the cave.
    "We came for exploration." Was all she replied.

When we entered the cavern it again brought silence over our little group. It was a spectacular view, the glowing walls and ceiling were covered in glittering purple jewels which illuminated the white stone floor. But the cave didn't go very far, after a few minutes of walking, we hit a dead end. The wall was the same blank white stone as the floor, in front of it stood a large statue of a man in a long cloak.
    "I wonder who that is." I murmured, to no one in particular.
    "Well." Orchid said, as we turned to look at her. "I know I'm the only one who believes in legends but..."
    "You think that's Johara Mornblaze?" Skye asked, Orchid nodded and I stared at them both.
    Orchid explained,
    "Johara Mornblaze, or Johar the Jealous, was the last ruler of Black Forest. He was angry with the increasing 'dangers' in his land and the relative peace of all the other lands. You see, the rest of Free Realms has been through a lot, but not one place so much as Black Forest. Black Forest was inhabited by eight clans or tribes of people, pixies, and tolir..."
    I stopped her there,
    "Tolir?"
    "A tolir was a little like a giant. At any rate, the people lived in general peace. They didn't have to worry much about anything. Though some were scared to leave their dwellings at certain times. Black Forest is exactly as the name describes. And is probably spooky." Orchid shuddered.
    "Anyways we don't need to go into details, Johar was the last king of Black Forest. He ruled it with an iron fist, he was not an evil ruler, but a little crazy." Skye said shaking her head." He thought the entire world would want to destroy him and his family. He ended up locking them away in a 'safe' place in the very edge of the forest."
    "Considering the king and queen of Sanctuary were poisoned, Johar might have not been so crazy all along." Orchid said. "People say Johar's spirit lurks around this beach, since someone took his three most valued treasures and left them here."
    "And others say his family is still stuck in the palace, that's why Black Forest is off limits. To protect the royal family, and to protect people from the spirits."

"And here I thought Blackspore was haunted enough." I shook my head.
    Then I noticed something, there was a black box in the statue's hand. As if I was not in control, I reached for the box. Orchid and Skye both warned me not to, but it was too late.

Coming Soon: Chapter Three: One Step Leads To Another

Thanks again for reading, sorry it was so long I was really getting into it!
    ~StephanieAngel~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stephanieangel; 06-24-2011 at 01:15 AM.

cheetaramon is offline Amateur Gamer

fantastic story so far so much of such a dark blue though did make it harder to read ended up Highlighting it like I was going to copy it and that made it easier to read
    IG: Kaya Kittyfeathers, Selina Starkat (FR); Solara Starfeline (CWA)
    Forums: Panthera (FR);

Thanks cheetaramon, and thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten about the difficulty of reading the darker blue text. I've changed it now to be light like the first chapter.

~StephanieAngel~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast