Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Title: ♥Creative Writing Contest♥

Neon Mango is offline Master Gamer

Icon3 ♥Creative Writing Contest♥

Hello, and welcome to my new Creative Writing Contest!
    Everything you need to know about joining this contest, its rules, its background knowledge and its prizes are all listed down below, but before getting to those certain topics I will explain a little bit about me and my experience with stories and contests.

I love to read and writing is my life. I tend to dream a lot during school more than I do at night and I can't stop listening to music and having fun. This here contest appeals to me because I would love to be able to read what some of your talents can possess. I would love to see each and everyone of you be complimented and honoured for your hard work and be rewarded for it.

This story contest has certain rules to follow for eligibility, but then again don’t all contests?

• Firstly, this contest has a specific topic guild line to follow. That topic revolves around the artistic, fantasy. Now, not to get confused with mythology, fantasy can have anything to do with faeries, trolls, vampires, witches and robots. Your story could contain ideas about powerless beings just trying to survive their days in the far future, or it could be about magestic pixies roaming the earth, casting devilish spells on everyone they happen to meet. Fantasy is a great topic where you can easily discuss your imagination, dreamful thoughts and nightmares all on paper.

• The story should, preferably be no longer than 4000 words, for the sake of space and time. However, I will not accept any stories that are less than 200 words, so be detailed and creative.

• Another important rule clarifies the acts towards one another. There will be no criticism, good OR bad, tolerated. Absolutely NO plagiarism will occur. No sarcastic remarks and above all, no put downs will be accepted, or else you will either be disqualified or easily reported for use of bad behaviour.

Thank you.

• See down below for the requirements the paper needs to have to be accepted.

• Length should be no longer than 4000 words and no shorter than 200 words (Your story’s length will be counted by words and not size, so don’t think that you can get away with using a very large font size. Which brings us to our next requirement…)

• Font Size should be no larger than 14 but no smaller than 12, so that is clear and easy to read, but also so that the story doesn’t seem unreasonably large when in fact, it isn’t.

• Font Style should be Ariel or Times New Roman so that it is legible and easy to read for me and the others who will read it.

• The Due Date this story should be turned in on would be that of December, 5th of this year at no specific time in the day or night. If you are late posting your story up you will automatically be disqualified. You are given, however, one extra day as support for your talented work.

Username:
    Best Writing Attribute (What you write best about. Romance, Sc-Fi, ect.):
    Why you would like to join:
    What your best creativity skill is in (Whether that be drawing, roleplay, writing, ect.):
    Summary of the topic you will be writing about:
    Point of view the story will be in:
    Approximation of how long the story will be:
    What you will do with the prize money if you were to win:

The prizes are listed by best in creativity, expression of thoughts, best emotion from the heart sought within the story and the 'realistic' ideas. This is not based strictly on grammar and spelling, so you need not worry about that.

1st place: 40,000 coins and a cookie
    2nd Place: You can pick three coloured items from my Combat Shoppe and 5,000 coins
    3rd Place: You can pick two coloured items from my Combat Shoppe and 5,000 coins
    4th Place: 3,000 coins and a big hug!

I appreciate all of those who are willing to have fun and join. Again, we are all friends here and we need to all be nice and appreciate each others work, because we all make mistakes and we are all human.
    So enjoy yourselves and have fun!

Spoiler: show
    chase123456tan
    Kitana Edenia
    Yoshinator
    jaaaaaaaaack
    Gunieapig1234

Last edited by Neon Mango; 11-10-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Checking a Few Things

Default Re: ♥Creative Writing Contest♥

Just made my very own contest and it sounds super fun!
    Anyone want to join? <3

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Do we need to fill out an Entry Form before submitting a story?

@jaaaaaaaaack Yes, just because I want to know about what you are going to make and a little bit about you in general and also so that I can keep track of everyone who has joined. Thanks. ^^
    Last edited by Neon Mango; 10-26-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Anyone else? Any other questions? If you need help, anyone, just let me know! ^^

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Alrighty then, though I must say I am not exactly 100% sure on what it is, I am writing about.

Username: Jaaaaaaaaack (9 a's) or my IGN? Zyloe
    Best Writing Attribute (What you write best about. Romance, Sc-Fi, ect.): I generally write about anything that comes to mind,
    so I honestly don't know what I am best at.
    Why you would like to join: To practice my writing skills and challenge myself.
    What your best creativity skill is in (Whether that be drawing, roleplay, writing, ect.): I love to draw, and write.
    Summary of the topic you will be writing about: Ellie Fields seems to have the perfect life until one day she disappears.
    The town talks, and years pass until the forgotten Ellie returns to her home. What become of Ellie? Why did she leave?
    Where was she? Nobody knows. The notorious Ellie hides away in her home, talking to no one.
    James Turner is the man who struggles to uncover these mysterious.

Point of view the story will be in: Plural first person point of view combined with third person point of view.
    Approximation of how long the story will be: I am not sure, over 800 words, but no more than 2000 words.
    What you will do with the prize money if you were to win: I am actually saving up money, I think it would be nice if I could buy a SC card here on Insiders
    since I don't purchase them anymore and membership expired a while ago
    Last edited by jaaaaaaaaack; 11-10-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaaaaaaaack View Post
    Alrighty then, though I must say I am not exactly 100% sure on what it is, I am writing about.

Username: Jaaaaaaaaack (9 a's) or my IGN? Melaniá
    Best Writing Attribute (What you write best about. Romance, Sc-Fi, ect.): I generally write about anything that comes to mind,
    so I honestly don't know what I am best at.
    Why you would like to join: To practice my writing skills and challenge myself.
    What your best creativity skill is in (Whether that be drawing, roleplay, writing, ect.): I love to draw, and write.
    Summary of the topic you will be writing about: Ellie Fields seems to have the perfect life until one day she disappears.
    The town talks, and years pass until the forgotten Ellie returns to her home. What become of Ellie? Why did she leave?
    Where was she? Nobody knows. The notorious Ellie hides away in her home, talking to no one.
    James Turner is the man who struggles to uncover these mysterious.

Point of view the story will be in: Plural first person point of view combined with third person point of view.
    Approximation of how long the story will be: I am not sure, over 800 words, but no more than 2000 words.
    What you will do with the prize money if you were to win: I am actually saving up money, I think it would be nice if I could buy a SC card here on Insiders
    since I don't purchase them anymore and membership expired a while ago
    Your story sounds good so far. Very interesting. What does become a little ol' Ellie? ^^
    Can't wait till its done. These stories will all be my Christmas present, ehh? lol
    And thanks for filling out the form. I know its a hassle, but it's easier on me.

Anyone else care to join this here contest? <3

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

(Sorry for using Trebuchet MS. But I think its easier to write a story o.O if you PM me,I'll change the text)

Username:chase123456tan IGN: Maddy Dazzlinggate
    Best Writing Attribute (Romance,Sci-Fi,ect...) : I don't know. I have some ideas but I can't quite categorize them. Normally my stories are boring to people.
    Why you would like to join: Try and challenge myself.
    Your best creativity skill (sorry,trying to shorten this up): Writing. Thats the only enjoyment. And the computer. My life is focused around those things and barely focused on them at all. I just want to show my mom she shouldn't take away my laptop.
    The story will be about: Darksong,the Banshee Queen,asks for her younger sister's help to regain her crown and restore peace with the Banshees and Pixies.
    Point of veiw in the story will be: I'm still thinking.
    Approx. of how long the story will be: I have absolutely no idea. Sorry.
    What will you do with the prize money when you get it: I'd put it on the floor. Roll in it. Pick it up. Put it in the FR bank and save it for a rainy day. Or I'd buy a volleyball net for my beach house and possibly make a paradise? I don't know. When I get money,I can't think.
    Last edited by chase123456tan; 10-24-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123456tan View Post
    (Sorry for using Trebuchet MS. But I think its easier to write a story o.O if you PM me,I'll change the text)

Username:chase123456tan IGN: Maddy Dazzlinggate
    Best Writing Attribute (Romance,Sci-Fi,ect...) : I don't know. I have some ideas but I can't quite categorize them. Normally my stories are boring to people.
    Why you would like to join: Try and challenge myself.
    Your best creativity skill (sorry,trying to shorten this up): Writing. Thats the only enjoyment. And the computer. My life is focused around those things and barely focused on them at all. I just want to show my mom she shouldn't take away my laptop.
    Point of veiw in the story will be: A girl who is assumed dead helps her sister,Lana,without her knowing
    Approx. of how long the story will be: I have absolutely no idea. Sorry.
    What will you do with the prize money when you get it: I'd put it on the floor. Roll in it. Pick it up. Put it in the FR bank and save it for a rainy day. Or I'd buy a volleyball net for my beach house and possibly make a paradise? I don't know. When I get money,I can't think.
    Thank you ma'am! ^^ It's okay if you don't really know what you are going to do exactly. I just need a rough sketch/idea so that I know what to expect. And about the font thing, its okay to right your posts in here in Trebuchet MS, but when it comes time for the actual story just highlight it all and change it at the very end if that works best for you. Because I really would like it to be in Ariel or Times New Roman. (Sorry I didn't PM you this :/)
    Thank you for your application and I hope to learn more about what your story is like! : )

Anyone else want to join?? ^^
    chase123456tan likes this.

Anyone else want to join? ^^
    Last edited by Neon Mango; 10-26-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast