Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

SarahUnderdream is offline Pro Gamer

Icon5 Is WoW Any Good?

Hey guys, I'm looking at trying the free trial of WoW, do you know if it's any good?

IGN: Surrah
    Twitter | Tumblr

kim coldrock is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Is WoW Any Good?

wow is a fun game but you have to get ppl to help you in the game for a lot of it but it is fun

'On The Dance Floor'

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by SarahUnderdream View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking at trying the free trial of WoW, do you know if it's any good?

Honestly, imo WoW is for older people P: I played for a while, and I can tell you this: If you think the bullies in Roblox or FR are bad..... well, those found on WoW make FR bullies look like little babies. Yoiu will be made fun of multiple times, no matter where you are, or what you're doing. Even if you're good, there is always someone better or believes that they are better and won't hesitate to let you know. The only way you'll get through is if you make /ignore a common occurrence, or if you're like me lol xD I'm not insultable, and I'll probably wind up making you want to jump off a cliff before long if you try to "bully" me.

People have quit jobs, failed school, and all that for this game.

The game content is much, much more difficult as compared to FR. It's focused on goals, finishing quests, leveling, and gearing up. There really is no partying or just hanging out with friends unless you find one of your friends from outside of WoW to play with you. The only socialization part imo is the chat in raids, trade channel, but that usually includes making fun of at least one person. Like kim said, it's fun with someone else and quite boring by yourself..... I'm pretty much a loner in games cause I find that I do things a lot faster on my own, but I hated playing alone in WoW.

It's also not free to play after the 10 days (you won't be able to access your account like you can on FR), and if you really want to experience the full game, you'll have to shell out money for all 3 expansions now, as well as the monthly fee. However, despite all these downsides, WoW does have very enjoyable game play. But, if you're just looking for a game to play casually on, I don't think WoW would be good.

*I just saw your sig Px Thanks haha.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Okie, Heres my story. I hate Wow PERIOD. But Im more of a random giggly party person. I do NOT take insults. And sadly ya get quite a lot on there. But thats my opinion. My BFFs brother ( *edited, please do not post ages of anyone. --ashley preciousfable) and parents play it and the brother is addicted to it.... So I guess it depends on who ya are.
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 03-30-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: ,

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Claire View Post
    Okie, Heres my story. I hate Wow PERIOD. But Im more of a random giggly party person. I do NOT take insults. And sadly ya get quite a lot on there. But thats my opinion. My BFFs brother ( *edited, please do not post ages of anyone. --ashley preciousfable) and parents play it and the brother is addicted to it.... So I guess it depends on who ya are.
    Yes, it depends on whether you're looking for good game content or online socialization. As a former WoW player, FR's level of content is near nonexistent for me. It's here mainly for people to just hang out with friends, do little tasks, and have fun.

You can be young and be able to enjoy the game, but I hope you have your (optional) chat filter on and are a fast learner with IG tasks or you may be one of those people with a "bad" reputation, then suddenly no one wants to invite you to anything. In summation, it's a tough crowd :]
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 03-30-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: ,

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

SarahUnderdream is offline Pro Gamer

Thanks, after reading all those, I'm not sure if I want to play because I'm not a hardcore gamer. More like a hang-out-and-have-fun-and-do-little-tasks-person.

IGN: Surrah
    Twitter | Tumblr

Sin
    Sin is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by SarahUnderdream View Post
    Thanks, after reading all those, I'm not sure if I want to play because I'm not a hardcore gamer. More like a hang-out-and-have-fun-and-do-little-tasks-person.
    dont get me wrong you can have fun on WoW and if you find the right ppl on there that like to hang out and dont find the game so serious then its fun to do and daily quests are fun on there as well... But yes alot of ppl on WoW are very hardcore i was on there for 2 yrs and became one of them lol but i liked to chill and have fun as well but if your computer can handle it then i suggest you try the 10 day free trial you cant use the Auction House or send pm's but you can basically do anything else and your lvl cap on the trial is lvl 20. and if you do decide to buy it fully you get to keep your trial character and what ever you earned on it such as gold and weapons and such.

PS3 IGN: Wrath & PS3 Guild: Las Noches

Basically the bottom line is: WoW is not really there for casual, hang out play P:

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Warcraft's dependability and the player's likeness depends on how you play the game itself. Blizzard Entertainment actually created it and Warcraft's Expansions to be based on what choices the gamer(s) make.

Obviously, I don't know much, but if you think it's not worth it, then it's not worth it.

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Its amazing. IF you ever play go on Drak'Thul and send a whisper to Dridalt or Vittus. I can help you out. Yes you will need to buy AND USE A LOT OF MONEY to fully enjoy the game but nothing like a cash shop. Just membership, not forced to buy expansions.