Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Icon5 World of Warcraft General Thread

I was surprised that there wasn't already a recent WoW thread in this section, so here's WoW general thread. Feel free to stop by and share your experiences with WoW.

As many of you may have noticed, I haven't been playing Free Realms at all lately. I've grown too aware of SOE's greed that derailed the game's potential. Lately, I've been playing World of Warcraft.

Although it is one of the most expensive games to play ($14.95 US/month) it's also extremely fun. In world of warcraft, you do not have different "Jobs" like you do in Free Realms, you only have yourself and your class. You level yourself from level 1-80. Although Free Realms's jobs combine to more levels than this, the progression from level to level is increasingly more difficult and time-consuming, therefore level progression is much harder than Free Realms.

Also, the combat system in World of Warcraft is slightly similar to Free Realms's old combat system (before the December 09 patch). There are MANY more abilities, however, each one unique to your class. You can chose your class while making your character (paladin, hunter, warrior, ect.).

What's also unique about this game is the everlasting conflict between the Alliance and the Horde. When making your character you can chose between 10 different races. If you chose Human, Night Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, or Draenei, you're in the Alliance. If you chose Orc, Undead, Tauren, Troll, or Blood Elf, you're in the Horde. These factions are in a constant state of war. If you're either flagged for PvP, in an enemy faction's base, or on a PvP server, you can be attacked by a member of the opposing faction (and vice-versa)

Though there aren't "Jobs", like in Free Realms, you do get to chose to have two of many different professions. These include Leatherworking, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Jewelcrafting, Engneering, Tailoring, and so much more. You can only know 2 proffetions at a time, however, so make sure you chose one that benefits your class.

However, communicating with friends you know may be difficult on WoW, because of the server system. While creating a character, you can chose to be on one of many servers (or "realms"). Once you chose your server, switching to a new one is very difficult. You may either have to pay to transfer servers, or wait several months for a free change.

Tl;dr: WoW is a fun, unique game that will take over your life take up plenty of your free time. Try it out, you just might like it.

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: World of Warcraft General Thread

It certainly sounds interesting, and I have a friend who's as crazy about it as I am for Free Realms, but WoW just doesn't seem like my thing. I like more relaxed, social games. Good idea, though!
    Allons-y.

Lathyris is offline Explorer

I, too, play World of Warcraft myself. I play on the Silver Hand Realm, as a Night elf Shadow Priest of the Alliance. I find the game enjoyable, however as I have been at endgame (level 80) for a while now, the raiding has seriously been dumbed down a bit for the casual raiders/players. it's definitely not as challenging as it used to be.

I had been playing WoW since it's launch in 2006. (think it was 2006 >.>) And I've seen it's growth since then. Sure I definitely like that they're trying to make it slightly more casual and not so demanding on one's time as it used to be. I just wish they wouldn't make the game so much of a cakewalk as it currently is.

Cataclysm is around the corner, along with two new races, and MANY many changes to gameplay itself. Every class is getting revamped at the moment, new talent trees, entirely revamping how you obtain skills now, and when you get one. People will feel more like their "specialization" sooner than level 60 as it currently has been. There is so many changes in Cataclysm it's hard to tell what will really happen upon it's launch.

i currently am in the Cataclysm Beta Test. And Things definitely have changed, some for the better, and I acutally don't think I've seen many negatives. The new dungeons are actually quite fun, and challenging. They are bringing the need back for "crowd control" So people will actually have to think about how to interact with the "mobs" before pulling them. I am actually quite happy about it, since vanilla , the need for crowd control has dwindled alot. We've been mindlessly AoE (Area of Effect) spell spamming since wrath and it's grown quite dull, honestly.

Well I just thought I'd feed some input, don't get me wrong, the game is still very much enjoyable. Though Cataclysm is just what WoW needs to refresh interest in all players alike.

~Lathyris
    Free Realms Name: Lathyris Swiftwhisper (Changed from Raven Swiftwhisper) ~ Lifetime Member~

Feel free to contact me in game. Always happy to meet new people.

Nyx Nighthaven is offline Master Gamer

WoW is really fun, I have been playing that game for a number of years. Really anticipating the next X pack. I like Free Realms too, the whole Refs involved with community events and chat is something I was floored by. Really Neat!
    I think if you mashed Free Realms with WoW you might have the perfect game ; )

Tye_Swordprince is offline Amateur Gamer

I played wow for a few years, and I really did enjoy the game... for a while. I found the end game mostly just repetition. Whether trying for a rare item, or in pvp trying to get points, you end up doing the same stuff SO much... but I guess that is the end of any game really, when you pass the point of normal questing.

I played on a pvp server, I thought that most exciting because you never knew when you might encounter the next rogue! Or see a hunters pet racing towards you as you wonder when the kill shot is coming! It really is a smooth playing game too, no zone loading like Everquest has.

Fun game.

Kyo
    Kyo is offline Explorer

Well I can say Im WoW veteran player (over 2 878 hours ) World of Warcraft is number 1 MMO now judging by X-fire game hours (But I think that could change if they would add Free Realms to list ^^

Im still playing WoW (although I decide to make a break and wait for Cataclysm and see how its gonna end...)
    For now I have 2 characters Lev 80 Troll Hunter and lev 69 Blood Elf death knight

nickx57 is offline Amateur Gamer

Woot! Wow
    Nick Lemonspice
    <Detectives>

Relicbane is offline Explorer

I have played WoW since it came out, off and on, and its a fun game. Very easy, doesn't require a lot of skill, and once you get to max level it is just repetition as mentioned above. But pretty much all games are like that. I currently am playing Everquest 2 as my pay to play MMO, and FreeRealms as my relaxing free game hehe. Everquest 2 is significantly harder then WoW, costs the same, and can be a lot of fun.

Also just a comment on the supposed "greed" of SOE... check blizzard's store out, they sell stuff just the same as SOE, its commonplace amongst video games developers now. Micro-transactions make the companies a lot of money, and they all are taking advantage of that. If you don't like it, don't buy the stuff they are offering. If it bothers you that much, don't play the game. The constant crying about it though that tons of people do gets really annoying though.
    Donovan Darkwater ~ Lifetime Member

Level 20 Ninja ~ Level 20 Wizard ~ Level 20 Archer ~ Level 20 Warrior ~ Level 20 Medic ~ Level 20 Chef

Kyo
    Kyo is offline Explorer

Agree on lev 80 all you do is Reputation/Daily/Instances like ICC/Voa etc.
    Also blizard store comparing to Free Realms dont look to good.
    Just compare companions in Free Realms you need to take care of pets they can do few tricks and just have wonderfull animations (love my baby penguin ^^ )
    And the one in WoW...well just walks behind you all the time and nothing else ( only funny pet is Kung Fu Panda who makes carate animations from time to time ) also 20 euro for mount ... kinda expensive for virtual mount...

Maurice Dazzleray is offline Amateur Gamer

rofl thats so funny how you crossed out "take over your life"! Although I don't play WoW I have seen you tube videos and it really is sad how people are so addicted to that game...
    This is my siggie, blank and small... [Insert rhyming words here] Errr... I don't feel like finishing it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast