Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

xsilvershamrockx is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Need Some Info...

So, my niece has been begging my sister to let her get a involved in wizard101, unfortunately, my sister isnt a fan of online games. Therefore, if anyone could provide info in relation to the actual game, as well as how the community is, I'd really appreciate it. Along with this, if anyone has an old game card, i'll offer for it (coins, boosters, clothes, etc) and try out the game myself, and hopefully be able to persuade my sis that the internet isnt all that bad.

~Silver

And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti
    IGN: Silver Shamrock; Previously known as Evan Nightstone

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Need Some Info...

o:.
    Did you ever get help with this?
    I want to post still c:.
    Wizard 101 in my opinion has a good community with the exception of those few random bad people. I wouldn't know even though I had played since early 2009 though it came out late 2008, I didn't really talk to people after one of my leveling buddies quit without telling me. =_=

In game, I don't think people mind much if you join the battle they are in but some people get annoyed [like myself sometimes ,Depends on what it is.] because it lets another monster into the battle .-.
    EDIT: *adding what Flamey said* When you get into the higher levels (50-80), which is what I would like to think maybe when you finally can defeat Maslistaire, That is when you will most need your friends *from that point and on* It gets harder.

I don't play anymore but that's because it can get kind of hard if you try to play by yourself so saying this, it would be good to have friends on there and help each other out ^^ Your armor is also pretty much important to have resistance, hit damage, and etc.

The battles require pips to use a certain card that has its own number of pips.. and you have to keep skipping your turn if you don't have enough pips unless you have shields you could use which require no pips. Oh and your wand gives you a free no pip card though it hits a certain number (your level depends on that)

I haven't logged on since last year so forgive me with what I am about to say..
    The schools are unique and different from one another in a way that you should be independent in your school yet depend somewhat on other schools.. for example:
    Storm has the lowest health but they hit one of the hardest yet their aren't very accurate sometimes so they 'frizzle' a lot so they could have a life school student to back them up and heal them ^^
    I have no idea what new spells there are and I think the max level is 80 now. I'm only level 53 and they update their max levels pretty fast I think :3 New worlds too.

There filter is different from FreeRealms...
    When making your account, if you put your real age and your under 18, it filters bad words and some other words and it lets you know, I think something will turn red when your typing.. [Pardon me if this is wrong, I haven't seen the chat system there since last year.] so filter.
    If you are 18+, you can say more things and I believe words you can say on this turn yellow though they are still red words like curse words.
    If you say things that turn yellow though, people with the 18 under filter can not see these words and it filters to them. Other people with the 18+ filter can see the yellow words.

I guess I like that opinion but a flaw would be that you can go to your account and change your age anytime so people do this and lie about there age >.<
    Unlike Free Realms, you also need membership to do even more than Free Realms allows you..

For instance, you can only go to Ravenwood, Olde town, shopping district, the commons, unicorn way, your home and golem court without membership. You can buy entrance to areas with crowns (which is like SC for Free Realms) but it would be better to just get membership in my opinion because for example: You would buy entrance to Firecat Alley with crowns but you could go there then without membership. When you could buy membership and go every where.
    It's more money for membership than Free Realms though.
    One month: $9.95
    six month: $49.95
    Twelve month: $79.95
    Would I say it's worth it now? Eh.. It has pros and cons.
    It gives you more things to do but it's expensive..
    I think Wizard 101 has more discounts than Free Realms does. Like right now, I just went on the site and the 12 month membership is on a Limited Time Offer discount at $60.
    The SHOP which is just like Free Realms Marketplace has a lot of discount on all kinds of stuff.

Also, they have a bazaar in Olde Town which is awesome o: You can sell things there and other people can buy. There is a limit on friends list, though i dont know the number and members get a larger friends list maximum, when membership ends, it keeps everybody you added though. (If this is actually wrong.. Correct me please. If it is wrong.. why am I thinking it? lol)
    You can craft and you can play minigames in the Fairegrounds for free mana refills.

Also pets! you can level your pet! The highest I got was ancient which is the second highest.. Epic is after that, it goes:
    Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient and epic
    The mini games aren't too hard and you get some experience from them so you gotta do a whole heck of a lot of it! Pet snacks help give you experience and as the pets get higher in their level, they can get their own special abilities and even help you in your own battles! Mine was a Firezilla pet I got from a wizard 101 crown card, it gave me defense from fire monsters. Which was good because I am a
    Thaumaturge so it helped me a lot. ^^ There are so many pets to choose from and you get your first pet from Headmaster Ambrose! Usually a Piggie.
    I can not remember the name of it but when your pet reaches Adult, they are able to enter races with three other pets, you control the movement of them and try to win first place! I never figured out how to play it good though I won first place a couple times..

Houses are like totally AMAZING! I have a myth house and I am basically impressed with how it is. It's large and spacious!

They have special events..
    One time they had Selena Gomez in a story line in Crab Alley which is an under water word in Triton Avenue though this story line is no longer available, I think.
    and Christmas in the summer is happening now

Yeah. I don't know what to talk about now lol.
    But yeah, In my own opinion, I think it is a good game though it can get boring.
    If you need more information, I'm sure someone else can say something and the site has good information and a video or two too.
    Last edited by jaaaaaaaaack; 07-15-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Always something.

Flamey is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by jaaaaaaaaack View Post
    o:.
    Did you ever get help with this?
    I want to post still c:.
    Wizard 101 in my opinion has a good community with the exception of those few random bad people. I wouldn't know even though I had played since early 2009 though it came out late 2008, I didn't really talk to people after one of my leveling buddies quit without telling me. =_=

In game, I don't think people mind much if you join the battle they are in but some people get annoyed [like myself sometimes ,Depends on what it is.] because it lets another monster into the battle .-.
    I don't play anymore but that's because it can get kind of hard if you try to play by yourself so saying this, it would be good to have friends on there and help each other out ^^

The battles require pips to use a certain card that has its own number of pips.. and you have to keep skipping your turn if you don't have enough pips unless you have shields you could use which require no pips.

There filter is different from FreeRealms...
    When making your account, if you put your real age and your under 18, it filters bad words and some other words and it lets you know, I think something will turn red when your typing.. [Pardon me if this is wrong, I haven't seen the chat system there since last year.] so filter.
    If you are 18+, you can say more things and I believe words you can say on this turn yellow though they are still red words like curse words.
    If you say things that turn yellow though, people with the 18 under filter can not see these words and it filters to them. Other people with the 18+ filter can see the yellow words.

I guess I like that opinion but the a flaw would be that you can go to your account and change your age anytime so people do this and lie about there age >.<
    Unlike Free Realms, you also need membership to do even more than Free Realms allows you..

For instance, you can only go to Ravenwood, Olde town, shopping district, the commons, unicorn way, your home and golem court without membership. You can buy entrance to areas with crowns (which is like SC for Free Realms) but it would be better to just get membership is my opinion because for example: You would buy entrance to Firecat Alley with crowns but you could go there then without membership. When you could buy membership and go every where.

Also, they are a bazaar in Olde Town which is awesome o: You can sell things there and other people can buy. There is a limit on friends list, though i dont know the number and members get a larger friends list maximum, when membership ends, it keeps everybody you added though. You can craft and you can play minigames in the Fairegrounds for free mana refills.

Yeah. I don't know what to talk about now lol.

I used to be annoyed when people joined in my battle. (Level 10-40) But now I BEG people to help me and join. Trust me, when you get to level 60-80 you wish everyone would hop in your battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamey View Post
    I used to be annoyed when people joined in my battle. (Level 10-40) But now I BEG people to help me and join. Trust me, when you get to level 60-80 you wish everyone would hop in your battle.
    Oh I know! I needed so much help when I got to Celestia and Wintertusk so I wished someone would join my battles but I know it is because my stats are not very good and I needed to make them better! I have no friends on there..

Geez, I think I am going to play wizard 101 again! All this talk has got me wanting to play

Flamey is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by jaaaaaaaaack View Post
    Oh I know! I needed so much help when I got to Celestia and Wintertusk so I wished someone would join my battles but I know it is because my stats are not very good and I needed to make them better! I have no friends on there..

Geez, I think I am going to play wizard 101 again! All this talk has got me wanting to play

I kind of quit Wizard101, the membership costs too much and no one goes online.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamey View Post
    I kind of quit Wizard101, the membership costs too much and no one goes online.

Yeah the membership is a lot, I edited my first post and said something about it..
    and I have no friends on there D: maybe I can get one of my friends to play..