Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Default Dragon Quest IX

I played this game for about 4 hours straight earlier, so this is my eyes right now: e.e
    I started again, my third playthrough. I had all the awesome armour and stuff, but I shall admit the end game content is nothing more than finding grotto, completing grotto, going to inn, saving, and starting the cycle again. xD
    This is my second playthrough without completely hacking the game, though...I like to play a game through without hacking so I can say I beat it fair and square, then playing again...(I am, though, helping myself with levels and gold only when I need it. xP)

The game offers much, and I only got through 3 towns in them 4 hours...
    I turned off due to being a bit sad...
    Spoiler: show
    Poor man was sad as his wife died when he'd been all heroic and sealed away a monster, thus saving the town from a curse. Well, that was me and my team, we actually killed the thing...He fixed a jar, though.

So obviously, it's awesome. The story totally changes near the end though...
    Suddenly it's trying to beat peeved Corvus instead of running around collecting fyggs. Did I also mention the end game is real sad? Corvus becomes Celestrian again and retires into the heavens with his lost love, Selena. The sad part is when you lose your friends, one who has been with you throughout the whole journey.

It's an old game now, I got it in Julyish, 2010. And it's almost 2012 now...But it's still really good.
    I think I'd have to give it a 9/10. Bad end game content, but great re-play value, storyline, and customization. I tinks I might add a few screenies. xD
    hello

Skylär51 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Dragon Quest IX

I play Dragon Quest IX! (I've neer gotten farther than Swinedimples though, I keep starting over...)

I actually made a group on here for people who play the game. =)

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic… the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name… Merlin."

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Dragon Quest IX

Well, that's a shame, really. ;o Saddest part of the game popped into my mind again...

Aquila is killed...By that King Godwynn...I've finished the whole thing, and I don't think he comes back to life, either...He dies protecting the Hero. ):
    hello