Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

ToriMistskater is offline Pro Gamer

Default Will Free Realms Insider...

Will Free realms insider be ever as active as it was? This really upsets me D:
    Will the guild be the best guild in fr again?
    Will <Insiders> be full again and filled with active members?

I was really happy to see kade come online (on the site) and other people that have not came on in a while...

(I know I'm kinda being rude o_o')

Will any of this happen again? What do you think about this? :/

IGN: Tori Mistskater (Known As Emmmy, Blushing Cupcake, or Kylâ)
    Levi Lifesabor&Toxic Jac are real hobos!♥

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Will Free Realms Insider...

Every site goes through a flux, especially when it is directly related to a game like Free Realms. Even more so when that game is awaiting an expansion or major content update, and most regular players have finished the content they have available to them. I can tell you that the guilds I have been in (and still are in) on WoW experience many similar disappearances in members during this "flux" period.

We can't make members log in and participate. Sorry, I would love the ability to do so! But it is impossible for anyone to control members in that way. We have updated the site & brought highly requested areas to the forum in an effort to encourage more participation. We also hosted a contest this weekend, but only had 10 entries, kind of disappointing as they have been requested so often - but we will continue for a few weekends and see what happens.

My best advice would be to encourage everyone to stop focusing on negatives and what-ifs. If the community focuses on what it believes are times in the past and it will never be "as good as it was" it won't encourage new people to become active. It's very awkward and discouraging to join those communities from a visitor or guests' perspective, as it may be felt that the community has given it's best and has nothing to offer for new people. That is outside the fact that it may not feel welcoming to join in after reading comments like that.

Insiders may become great again, FRI is still fairly active as well. But it's important to treat things as a new adventure, and learning what makes the community tick, instead of wishing it was like the good old boom-town of FR. Because FR may only release once, and just like any other game it will lose some of it's initial excitement. That is just how the online gaming business seems to go!

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

taylorskydawn is offline Master Gamer

The Monthly FRI TCG Tourney back in the day helped this guild. If they do more events then the guild will be back up and running again.
    THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Tommy0327 is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Preciousfable View Post
    Every site goes through a flux, especially when it is directly related to a game like Free Realms. Even more so when that game is awaiting an expansion or major content update, and most regular players have finished the content they have available to them. I can tell you that the guilds I have been in (and still are in) on WoW experience many similar disappearances in members during this "flux" period.

We can't make members log in and participate. Sorry, I would love the ability to do so! But it is impossible for anyone to control members in that way. We have updated the site & brought highly requested areas to the forum in an effort to encourage more participation. We also hosted a contest this weekend, but only had 10 entries, kind of disappointing as they have been requested so often - but we will continue for a few weekends and see what happens.

My best advice would be to encourage everyone to stop focusing on negatives and what-ifs. If the community focuses on what it believes are times in the past and it will never be "as good as it was" it won't encourage new people to become active. It's very awkward and discouraging to join those communities from a visitor or guests' perspective, as it may be felt that the community has given it's best and has nothing to offer for new people. That is outside the fact that it may not feel welcoming to join in after reading comments like that.

Insiders may become great again, FRI is still fairly active as well. But it's important to treat things as a new adventure, and learning what makes the community tick, instead of wishing it was like the good old boom-town of FR. Because FR may only release once, and just like any other game it will lose some of it's initial excitement. That is just how the online gaming business seems to go!
    I agree with a lot of his information! Also as for the contest I never heard about it, so maybe more info on it.
    Spoiler: show
    Actually wrapped in a spoiler but still awesome!