Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Title: Why?

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Icon13 Why?

1. Why does everyone have such tiny siggies now LOL
    2. Why aren't there any mods/admins, etc on ._. I want my editing shop unlocked but im worried its going to be weeks before they even log on! :/ I'm starting to drift away from this site because theres just no control and no one reporting like hey! this blahblahblah came up in fr today! I miss how they did the little sc sale on top of the site that was nice. and the home page hasnt been updated in who knows how long. Now I dont want any absurd things going on on this thread like OHHH #(ENTER NAME HERE) FOR ADMIN!!! now thats just insane. They are never going to promote. In my opinion this site will just die if they dont log on and then we'll go to other sites like Outsiders (which im really thinking about joining) idk. Kinda really annoying lately. They havent promoted anyone since this site started up so why promote now? blah idk dont listen to me lol
    Narwhales. Bai.

KitanaEdenia is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Why?

I know, this site really is starting to die. They need to appoint at least one, more active admin.

But I know that won't happen.
    Dawn73 likes this.

Code: Breaker is awesome.
    The stupid gif isn't working.
    I know it's small.

right? :/ i mean i love this site, its like the only good, big active one that i really know well...I dont rlly have the patience to learna whole new site...wish they'd take care of this issue already (in my dreams LOL) but they always ignore it..
    Narwhales. Bai.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Normally I don't really share my opinion about things I feel strongly about because I can be a bit harsh, but I'm going to go ahead and do it.

I absolutely agree that this site needs some kind of moderation. I've been in denial for the longest time that this site has declined as drastically as it has. Normally I would be coming up with excuses for the mods/admins like "Oh, life gets in the way. I completely understand." but at this point it's become apparent that they simply don't care. If they really cared about the state of the site, they would probably have decided to either promote some new moderators by now or come on long enough to take care of the problems we've been having. I understand that hiring someone new could be time consuming (possible background checks, reading their old posts, etc.) but if they don't have time to take care of their site, they should at least let someone else help out for them. Even if something strange happened and the mod turned out to be horrible, at least they would have shown that they cared enough to try promoting someone since they don't have time for us anymore.

It's easy to forget about a site when life gets busy, I understand that much. The part I don't understand is why it seems like they're trying to let the site die out. I see admins come on every once in a while but it seems as though they have tunnel vision when they come on; they stay long enough to do what they were either bothered enough to come on here to do or felt like doing and leave when they feel as though they've done enough for the month.

I suppose this would be understandable if the activity on the site was close to none, but this site is still surprisingly active for one without active moderators/admins. Like I said before, if they still cared about the site or its members, they would take a look at some of the older members and promote some responsible people. Even if it was just one person, one person can make a huge difference.

I know I was more harsh with what I said than normal, but please remember I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just tired of seeing the site I've grown so attached to suffer in the state it's currently in.

Last edited by Zalesana; 07-30-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Took the words right out of my head.
    Zalesana likes this.
    Narwhales. Bai.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

This is one of the cases where I actually wish there was moderation. The recent storms that have happened this month are ridiculous. The staff need to get on, and ban whoever they need to ban to prevent garbage like this from happening.

Do I like staff? No, not really. It feels like God is watching me striking me with lightning every time I do something minor. But I feel like they should be here when giant fights break out, and people spam. I realize that there's an ignore button, but when it comes to over 1/2 to 3/4 of the entire forum getting ticked off by somebody they NEED to take action. It's ridiculous.

I looked at Ashley's recent posts and she was on for about 2 and a half hours. She had the time to create this chat-thread, but no time to take a look at some of the derailed threads or previous fights (the "infamous" thread was created 2 days after she was on. I'm not referring to that)?

She could have easily chosen at least one new mod. I realize there's background checks, but I think the time could have been spent MUCH more wisely. Even if she was only available for the 2 or so hours she was on, she could have gone on the next day and promoted somebody or something. If she's seriously that busy then she absolutely NEEDS new staff because of how active this site is or was.
    Last edited by The Flaming Trident; 07-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Zalesana, KitanaEdenia and ashfr like this.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Yeah, i felt bad for bringing it up again but they just cant keep ignoring it forever. Some people need to take a chill pill this is just a nice convo. I dont want any fights cause thats just ridiculous yeah, it doesnt hurt to just look at some issues for a few seconds, really?
    Narwhales. Bai.

Gummybearzrawr is offline Master Gamer

I completely agree with all of this, and I know I'm not an older player and forum member like you all. But there IS an ignore button, and a report button. The members of the forum should kind of take up their part to keep it going too, you know? I know several people who already have taken up more than their part though, and I thank them. This forum has helped me in this game a lot, whether helping me stop feeling down or new information. I personally don't like FM, and I don't want to join it. I've always thought this forum was a lot better than MM. Recently however, the -bluntly- stupid and childish fights are making me quite ticked off and unhappy with this forum. I'm sure other members feel the same way.

IGN~Gummy
    ßear

yeah, ive reported many many threads beiing here, for the most part they're shut down fast (which im still amazed to see) Those "fights" are one reason why i took a little break and stopped paying attention to all the updates in fr, now i just mostly go on open mike and the creativity stuff. :I
    Narwhales. Bai.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

OK, I'm going to set some things straight here while I'm online & dealing with threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn73 View Post
    1. Why does everyone have such tiny siggies now LOL
    2. Why aren't there any mods/admins, etc on ._. I want my editing shop unlocked but im worried its going to be weeks before they even log on! :/ I'm starting to drift away from this site because theres just no control and no one reporting like hey! this blahblahblah came up in fr today! I miss how they did the little sc sale on top of the site that was nice. and the home page hasnt been updated in who knows how long. Now I dont want any absurd things going on on this thread like OHHH #(ENTER NAME HERE) FOR ADMIN!!! now thats just insane. They are never going to promote. In my opinion this site will just die if they dont log on and then we'll go to other sites like Outsiders (which im really thinking about joining) idk. Kinda really annoying lately. They havent promoted anyone since this site started up so why promote now? blah idk dont listen to me lol
    1.) If you send PMs to a specific staff member, you are *really* limiting the time frame in which you will see it opened. I have repeatedly said, since the beginning of FRI lol, that if you need a thread addressed in ANY way by a staff member: Use the red hazard sign!

When we log in, our PMs are not always a priority. The first thing we check are the reported threads with our moderation tools. If you report the thread, it's going to be dealt with by the first available staff member. Yes, it may be a little while, but it has a much higher chance of being dealt with within - say 72 hrs - then it does sitting in my inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalesana View Post
    Normally I don't really share my opinion about things I feel strongly about because I can be a bit harsh, but I'm going to go ahead and do it.

I absolutely agree that this site needs some kind of moderation. I've been in denial for the longest time that this site has declined as drastically as it has. Normally I would be coming up with excuses for the mods/admins like "Oh, life gets in the way. I completely understand." but at this point it's become apparent that they simply don't care. If they really cared about the state of the site, they would probably have decided to either promote some new moderators by now or come on long enough to take care of the problems we've been having. I understand that hiring someone new could be time consuming (possible background checks, reading their old posts, etc.) but if they don't have time to take care of their site, they should at least let someone else help out for them. Even if something strange happened and the mod turned out to be horrible, at least they would have shown that they cared enough to try promoting someone since they don't have time for us anymore.

It's not that we do not care about the site. I care about FRI, but there are some other priorities I have to make in my life. If I was paid & could be employed full time by insiders -- whoo hoo! -- I'd make the commitment right away. But that's not how it works...lol. I have been working full time at my place of employment, while traveling around & prepping for a return to University studies. It's unfortunately taking a ton of my time, and I'm not around on any of the Insiders sites very often. I'm hoping this will change in September, but we'll have to see how it pans out.

Honestly, if I didn't care about the site I would have stepped down ages ago. It's time consuming & I am putting in free time that I should be doing something else with (even right now). But I chose to take my day off this week & put some time into FRI again.

It's easy to forget about a site when life gets busy, I understand that much. The part I don't understand is why it seems like they're trying to let the site die out. I see admins come on every once in a while but it seems as though they have tunnel vision when they come on; they stay long enough to do what they were either bothered enough to come on here to do or felt like doing and leave when they feel as though they've done enough for the month.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have only had a day or two off each week this summer -- sometimes I have been going eight days straight of shifts at work. It's what I need to do this summer, but it does limit what I can do here. Is once or twice a month enough? No. But it's the best I can do right now. Yes, we do have tunnel vision. We spend a lot of time cleaning up posts & answering PMs. I don't think many get a chance to log into the guild any longer, because we are spending so much time on the forum & doing "behind the scenes work" when we are online.

I suppose this would be understandable if the activity on the site was close to none, but this site is still surprisingly active for one without active moderators/admins. Like I said before, if they still cared about the site or its members, they would take a look at some of the older members and promote some responsible people. Even if it was just one person, one person can make a huge difference.

I know I was more harsh with what I said than normal, but please remember I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just tired of seeing the site I've grown so attached to suffer in the state it's currently in.

Unfortunately, that is outside of our realms of responsibilities. We are not in charge of promotions of members to moderators or other staff positions. We have some input on the decisions, but ultimately that lies elsewhere (owners/founders) of the specific Insiders site.

This also takes time, take this as a "for instance" as it is not the same linear pattern for each new staff member... but close:

1.) We have to find someone who is an adult, active, fits the vision of insiders, and willing to put in some hours (although we never pressure anyone to a specific number or "quota" for the job) without pay. Meaning, they have to understand the sacrifice of family time, etc. that may come with the job.

2.) They have to pass a background check -- which BTW, does cost money for the site to perform & time. It's done professionally.

3.) They have to be trained by the admin/mods of the site. Which, takes more time. It's case by case, but most staff I would say are not comfortable with each daily task until at least a week or two of daily off/on training.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming Trident View Post
    This is one of the cases where I actually wish there was moderation. The recent storms that have happened this month are ridiculous. The staff need to get on, and ban whoever they need to ban to prevent garbage like this from happening.

Do I like staff? No, not really. It feels like God is watching me striking me with lightning every time I do something minor. But I feel like they should be here when giant fights break out, and people spam. I realize that there's an ignore button, but when it comes to over 1/2 to 3/4 of the entire forum getting ticked off by somebody they NEED to take action. It's ridiculous.

I looked at Ashley's recent posts and she was on for about 2 and a half hours. She had the time to create this chat-thread, but no time to take a look at some of the derailed threads or previous fights (the "infamous" thread was created 2 days after she was on. I'm not referring to that)?

She could have easily chosen at least one new mod. I realize there's background checks, but I think the time could have been spent MUCH more wisely. Even if she was only available for the 2 or so hours she was on, she could have gone on the next day and promoted somebody or something. If she's seriously that busy then she absolutely NEEDS new staff because of how active this site is or was.
    While that thread was opening, I was dealing with reported threads on three separate Insider sites. It was the first time I had an opportunity to sit down and *really* do anything at WI, FRI, CPI, for the month.

Part of our work is to also get to know the community. That's why the thread was opened. It doesn't mean we are not dealing with other requests, or the "bad" stuff on the forum.

Again, I'm not in charge of promoting new staff or selecting them. That is outside of my realms of responsibilities. I may make some suggestions, but in the end it is not my call.

Quote Originally Posted by Gummybearzrawr View Post
    I completely agree with all of this, and I know I'm not an older player and forum member like you all. But there IS an ignore button, and a report button. The members of the forum should kind of take up their part to keep it going too, you know? I know several people who already have taken up more than their part though, and I thank them. This forum has helped me in this game a lot, whether helping me stop feeling down or new information. I personally don't like FM, and I don't want to join it. I've always thought this forum was a lot better than MM. Recently however, the -bluntly- stupid and childish fights are making me quite ticked off and unhappy with this forum. I'm sure other members feel the same way.
    The fighting will be dealt with. If there is a member causing problems, please use the red hazard sign. Fighting and being rude to each other is against our forum rules. We will take the appropriate actions on a case to case basis.
    NatalieKirsch likes this.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast