Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

JadelaMei7 is offline Explorer

Icon7 What truly makes us like a song?

I noticed that I like songs by artists I do not care for but it is something about a certain song they make that catches my attention. Then again, there are my favorite artists who make songs that really are stupid and disappointing. So, I wonder what little thing makes us like a song or an artist? There are so many artists that can not sing nor dance but they become celebrities through catchy lyrics, music, or just by the way they style their hair or clothes.
    Jadela

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What truly makes us like a song?

Well that is what a song is these days. Mostly catchy lyrics and the music, also sometimes there voice

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

The factors that would make one like a song is entirely dependent on the person, of course. You may enjoy catchy lyrics and such, but there may be the one person that enjoys music and lyrics that are off-tempo and such characteristics. There's, of course, the possibility of a person simply enjoying music because no one else does. Often times, it's not the music, but the audience. There's also the inevitable possibility that someone simply dislikes music altogether, whether it's due to limitations or past experiences or simply out of dislike.
    Call me stupid, but I couldn't really tell if it was a rhetorical question or not lol. Whether it was or not, it's an interesting topic that I'm sure many members here can relate to. I hope putting in my own thoughts on the subject was not a problem.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

dmpdm is offline Amateur Gamer

I agree RP songs are like books different syles for different tastes but just like books the composer or author decides the subject and style the listner or reader decide their interpritation....lol it is interesting subject

speaking as a writter and composer I don't think of my audiance (no disrespect) I write from the heart deep within....your audiance will find you , just keep it real and meaningful then people can relate

angelicaldream is offline Pro Gamer

That varies a LOT with me . . .

First of all maybe I should mention that I am a somewhat trained (many choir, some quite good teachers, voice class . . . I can't sight sing though) singer, so I tend to be more put off by a voice that is off-pitch and has bad tone more than most people

However, I ADORE Eminem, and he doesn't even sing, he raps! In the one song I know of where he attempts to sing during part of it, the singing part is just AWFUL. But at least he admits that he can't sing.
    You could say that he is a guilty pleasure of mine, he says the worst things but his songs are like a magnet to me.
    He's FUNNY though, in a "Did he really just say that" type of way

I definitely am attracted to certain songs that at least sound like they are from the heart. And they do NOT usually tend to be the ones that just repeat the same thought over and over again about a girlfriend or boyfriend or whatever
    They tend to be the songs that make me feel "I've been there" or "I'm feeling like that right now" or really make you think about something. For some reason I like alternative/rock bands (eg. 3 Doors Down, Creed, Crossfade, Harvey Danger) most of the time in this area, unless it's a female type of feeling bad. Then look 2 paragraphs down.

I like some funny songs. Wierd Al Yankovich, not that good a singer, but he makes fun of certain songs and I find that hilarious. Also, some songs that will say one thing but obviously are making reference to something else . . .

Ok, now I'm getting to voices. Amy Lee (from Evanescense)- I LOVE her voice, and she's not an alto like a lot of other singers that I like. Christina Aguilera, the song "Beautiful." That woman can belt out a song! Jewel. Sarah Mclachlan (esp "Full of Grace" and "The Prayer of Saint Francis" which yes I do know was a poem before then). Alicia Keys.

Also, songs I have good memories with. "Fly" by Sugar Ray is an example of that. Also "Summer Girls" by LFO although it reminds me of memories rather than being connected to any. Also a number of songs that my best friend and I have listened to a lot of times together (not gonna name any of them, but they are mostly rap songs).

Oh, and I like a number of songs from the opera "Les Miserables", and the song "Memory" from cats which I will NEVER let myself forget because I performed it EXCELLENTLY for my solo performance in voice class. These fit both under the "emotions" and the "amazing voices" categories but to a higher level in each

Umm, thats it. Have I made this post long enough?
    Last edited by angelicaldream; 04-06-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Read the second issue of the Free Realms Newspaper!
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=24163

dmpdm is offline Amateur Gamer

very thoughly put.

Bryan3Tears is offline Master Gamer

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD 4 LIFE!
    My Youtube My Xfire
    My Second Youtube channel
    Status: Quit FR and FRI, Will occasionally check notifications.

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Well, when i think about it...
    The type of songs that get me most are songs with fast tempo and a nice beat. 2 examples of that are Shakira~She Wolf:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8t6EGo5M3c[/ame]

Tik Tok~Ke$ha:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3f9UfTcVQ[/ame]

And i guess Girlfriend~Avril Lavine:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTfv7F1L9E[/ame]

See what i mean?
    Mostly i like a song that seems to hypnotis you..I wake up at the end and play it again...AND the prosses continues...

I Also love a song that Relates to nature in any way. As She wolf, And Naturally~Selena Gomez:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YR4dKArgo[/ame]
    Although, What makes me truly love a song..Is if the song describes the singer's feelings...
    Fireflys~Owl city:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwMsLWabU-Y[/ame]
    Falling Down~Selena Gomez:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9IvUTnUqw[/ame]
    And Tell Me Something I Don't Know~Selena Gomez:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIZqpkPL5jY[/ame]
    This is what I think makes me like a song...
    Last edited by Ella Sparkleflower; 04-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE J√ĄGER

ceres27 is offline Master Gamer

what i like is the lyrics and melody

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>
    I am looking for complete, black elite archer and warrior set. PM if selling.

Meagan Goldlight is offline Master Gamer

Hmm..Im not sure. In my case, I look for something with a good beat, good singer and a few good lyrics. I usually dont pay to much attention to the lyrics.