Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Title: Thoughts on Surgery? O.O

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Icon13 Thoughts on Surgery? O.O

Hiya I can't remember if I told you guys about this...if I did it was a LOOONG time ago, some of chu may know i'm getting surgery this upcoming summer o_o now before I get started on explaining I know summer is LOOONG far away (10 months) But i'm one of the most stressful people ever O-x! I stress about everything, I get tons of cankersores when I stress (currently I have 3 :c) they hurt bleh. But anyway my ortho/dentist wants me to get surgery on my jaw. I found out about this I think last year & I freaked out i've had 1 surgery done when I was little only to take my tonsils out but thats it. So i'm kinda scared ;-; idk what to think sorry plz dont make fun of me cause im stressing about something thats 10 months away but its really big for me. I kinda panic when I think about it.

Okkk so this Is what im getting done over summer.
    I'm getting the maxillofacial (I think thats how you spell it...) surgery Heres a before and after pic: (Its nothing scary) THIS IS NOT ME. I just took it from an example site.

1st one is Before:

1st one is Before:

So yeh thats what i'm getting, why?

1. My jaw is jacked up I already have had TMJ for over 2 years (can't chew gum anymore either. TMJ is where your jaw pops when you eat things such as gum that require alot of chewing. So if I chew alot or open my mouth wide enough like when I yawn sometimes it pops and hurts for a sec. sometimes it even locks so I can't move it ;- When I get the surgery my surgeon said it wont get worse but it wont get better.
    2. My teeth don't come together only 2 of my back teeth on the right side and 1 tooth on the left..I have to cut up mah spaghetti D: dah horror! And dah ham stays in my ham sandwich -.-
    3. Over bite blah chu know bleh bloop
    4. I'm a mouth breather...it's just natural for me. I breathe through my mouth not my nose..I dont get enough air through my nose. Whenever someone says something like "ewww it smells gross DX" I actually have to try and use my nose to breathe. Amazingly this surgery made some mouth breathers into nose breathers...so im hoping maybe it'll help me D: I HOPE!!!

o-o I make it sound like I look like I look gross don't I LOL? but It doesnt look that bad. My chin is like weird... like the 1st pic. You can only really tell my jaw is messed if you look from the side. blah!!!

What i've already had done:
    Phase 1:
    -7 Teeth pulled
    -Pallet Widener (1 yr)
    -Spacers (2 weeks)
    -Front teeth braces (2 yrs)
    -Retainer (1 1/2 yr)

Phase 2:
    -Spacers (1 week)
    -Braces (3 years - Getting them off FINALLY 1 year AFTER my surgery)
    -Retainer (???)
    -OFFFFF FINALLYYYYYY JESUSSSSSS

Yeah I get all my jaw/teeth issues from my mom -___- of course my brother has NONE :[ darn genes.

Waht they r gonna do:
    1. Break both my jaws
    2. Place them
    3. Drill into bone & place metal implants in to keep jaw together
    4. Take out 4 wisdom teeth

I think thats it...well i hope so... I'm nervous I researched this surgery alot...god the pics are ....ew... all swollen and purple jaws Everyone said they threw up a couple times from the blood from getting wisdom teeth out.. not looking fwd to tht............pewp..........:[ I'm staying overnight too I can't eat hard foods like chips or nuts til 6 weeks. Sadly I won't be able to travel to see my dad this upcoming summer so i can only visit him at his house ONE time next year :[ -SAAAD- sorry o_o I like idk what to think about it..i'm not in the mood to argue with anyone. Or handle any annoying comments. So please dont .-. i've had a pretty bad day today thanks guys o:

if u has questions ask o_o IDK WHY IM POSTING THIS I JUST NEED TO RELIEVE STRESS OFF ME RIGHT NOW IM ALL NERVY MAN.
    Last edited by Dawn73; 09-23-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Narwhales. Bai.

Elliot is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Thoughts on Surgery? O.O

All in all surgery is not a fun thing and I whine I mean WHINE over pain. It's was very nerve-racking and Often times I ended up crying (Anxiety). But you got to live with it. Surgery is meant to make things easier for you =)

Here's what I had done:
    Braces (2 yrs)
    Teeth pulled x3 [ they grew in the wrong area :x ]
    Wisdom teeth pulled (I didn't throw up, I just went loopy for about 6 hrs... a loopy Elliot is not a fun Elliot)
    Surgery on my Achilles and knees (Use to run a lot)

I shall give you my courage and wish you best of luck!

Come check out Free Realms Betta!
    A Friendly Site that wants you to join! =)

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Whenever I'm in this sort of situation, I do the least amount of research possible (besides the basics of what I'm getting into usually told by the doctor) because I usually get extremely anxious. If I were you, I would stop looking things up.. especially pictures.

Story time! I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday the 13th of last year. (Great date, right?) They knocked me out and pulled the teeth in no time. To be honest, the worst part of the surgery was the fear that I had of something going wrong. In fact right after I woke up from the amnesia, the first thing I did was turn to the nurse who brought me into the recovery room and asked if there were any complications. I barely remember doing it because I was still a bit loopy, but that's how worried I was. There were no complications and I'm feeling great now. I would try to relax and remember that worrying isn't going to do any good. I'm confident that you'll be fine. 8] I've personally never heard of people throwing up from the blood and I know I didn't. Believe it or not, it really isn't as bad as it seems. I was actually more worried about being loopy from the pain killers than being in pain, so I didn't take any after the surgery. (This I definitely don't suggest doing. I have a high pain tolerance so I was fine, but you're also having jaw surgery.)

My biggest suggestion would be to do whatever the doctor tells you to do before and after surgery. If you aren't allowed to eat 12 hours in advance, then you shouldn't do it. Also, when they tell you to ice your jaw, ICE YOUR JAW. Zale didn't do this enough and found out very quickly how much ice really reduces swelling. I couldn't open my mouth. I've had all the orthodontic procedures done to my teeth that you mentioned and more, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

I'm wishing you luck even though I know you don't need it. You're going to be fine. 8]
    ashfr likes this.

Aubss is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn73 View Post
    1. Break both my jaws
    3. Drill into bone & place metal implants in to keep jaw together
    That made me shudder. I literally can't even go on a check up to the doctors without getting TERRIBLE anxiety i'm gonna die or something o_o
    wowyurbravek

I've had surgery 5+ times, though I was put asleep for all of them. Unlike Elliot, a loopy Aubrey is a fun Aubrey :3
    I also had fillings which made my bite off part of my lip lol.

I don't need braces, thankfully, but whatever I do to my teeth they just won't like be clean. :[
    Enough of my rambling[sorry if I don't make sense, I'm kinda loopy since I have a really bad cold, which makes me loopy, rofl]

Good luck[10 months from now xp]
    Dawn73 and pokegroup like this.

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

If it makes you feel better, I have to get surgery on my eye. They have to cut the skin and cut a nerve so I won't be cross-eyed o.o curse you bike o.o And surgery... I get squiggly whenever I think about it. It's weird But don't worry. It'll be all gooda
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123456tan View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I have to get surgery on my eye. They have to cut the skin and cut a nerve
    ASDFGHJKL;'
    god hearing anything about flesh or blood or anything to do with this makes me like, feel uncomfortable for the rest of the day
    Dawn73 likes this.

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Aubss View Post
    ASDFGHJKL;'
    What? She asked.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123456tan View Post
    What? She asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubss View Post
    ASDFGHJKL;'
    god hearing anything about flesh or blood or anything to do with this makes me like, feel uncomfortable for the rest of the day
    editedd my post

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

You want my thoughts? You're gonna get them.

If it is not hurting you in anyway, I don't suggest getting surgery.
    I have gotten my wisdom teeth out and the surgery went wrong. I ended up having a cyst in my mouth that could destroy the bone.

Surgery can go wrong, I just want you to think about that.
    When asked if I wanted to get my tonsils out, I said no because I knew things could get messed up, and then they later returned to normal size.

Everyone is special and no one will be perfect. Even if you get this fixed, you still won't be perfect.
    I don't really think it changes that much if you can only tell from the side.
    Also, I looked it up and it seems that you have Dysgnathia, or incorrect bite, which makes them have reconstruction surgery.

Just be careful what you wish for, hun.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

@Elliot owwie ur knees! D: owwwww tht would hurt loopy gas doesn't work on me...like laughing gas. :[ thts another reason why im really nervous scared that the loopy medicine won't kick in or work

@Zalesana Yeah...I stopped looking them up i'm an extremely curious person my mom said I should look stuff up and I did ........regret that. They better give me some dang good loopy gas and pain druggies... I has sum questions for wisdom teeth here O:! I forgot to mention. How do you brush your teeth and what do they say to do afterwards? o.O Also how long is recovery? I'm getting my gums cut open then they take it out and stitch them back up. Seems like recovery would take a while...

@Aubss Yep O.O Nasty right? LOL I watched a thing about the surgery, the girl said DO NOT invite your friends ovver cause they'll make you laugh...ow my jaw would hurt...so I guess ill be by my lonesome for 2 months or so PEWP. I hope you feel better! D: I absolutely cannot stand those summer colds they last forever. Man your so lucky you don't need braces, my bff doesnt need them either D: darn you guys!

@Chase EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT EHRJKWENTYNKHSESAWYKMHLOER that made me squirm .... god ew DX I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK I SHOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT MY SURGERY ANYMORE omg I never want eye surgery..

@Kayo Seriously? AHHH now im nervousy! bleh. I do trust my ortho and surgeon though. They've been working together for other 40 years (yeah they are kinda old...) My surgeon does over 250+ Jaw surgeries per year so I trust him...Still really worried though. My brother's surgery went wrong when he was little. He got it fixed last year thankfully. I wish I didn't need surgery but my mom and all my ortho/surgeon/x-ray people that see me said I need surgery because my teeth wont come together :[ sadly. I think it's really going to help me though. It's not a matter of being perfect just a matter of fixing, TMJ, teeth (I REAAAALLLY want to bite off stuff like noodles lol. I wish for having my bff's teeth thats what I wish for xP
    Narwhales. Bai.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast