Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Thinking of others || May 11th Chat Thread

Today is a newer holiday. Started by Onedayswages.org founders Eugene & Minhee Cho (and their three kids) in 2009. This family had an idea - they would donate their wages for one day to help those living in global poverty. The idea spread to family & friends and now many people around the world participate in this event. The movement has now expanded to include group giving, birthday giving, and giving of time to a charity for the day.

The movement promotes charities who are already working in these areas. They are not there to make a new charity, but to collaborate and help with funds and time.

Today let's think of others and not just ourselves. Regardless of if you participate or not in a donation of your day or your treasures, take a moment today to count your blessings.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Thinking of others || May 11th Chat Thread

Well said... and Thank you !
    Playing DCUO now

cheetaramon is offline Amateur Gamer

Definitely, Ashley
    Thank you for the post

Piper is offline Master Gamer

Will do I dont mind donating money to people in need. Great thread by the way.
    Im not pretty, Im not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
    ~ Katniss Everdeen ~ District 12 tribute

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Very much agree on the bit about being grateful for what you have, rather than stressing over the things you don't.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Aye... Is easy to lose perspective of what's important if you focus on all that you don't have... And easier to be grateful for what you do have when you know the difference between what's important and what is only a want... I do know a family with four kids who are home schooled... And they are not well to do off... The two girls shared a jacket for a short time in winter... But what surprised me was that they went around and collected things to recycle and saved the money from that to go and buy a few things... shoes being one... for some kid's of Missionaries in different places around the world... ( They're from the church my sister attends more than I and there is a booklet every month to update and give status of the Missionaries and in a small section of that booklet is a wish list for the kid's who go with their parents ) Amazing stuff if you don't mind my saying so...
    Playing DCUO now

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

The less you live in luxury, the more practical and wise you become. That's why a lot of trust fund babies really have no talent of their own unless they are forced by their parents to do something. When you do it to survive, then life itself teaches you. There's nothing wrong with being crazy rich..... as long as you are still able to appreciate the little things and know how fortunate you are and don't let all that you have go to waste.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

I remember when I was working at this one site there was this homeless lady who would come by all the time... And she was half outt'a her mind, Mind you...The woman was as thin as a rail if not more and probably so outt'a her mind maybe she didn't know what she needed... I really did feel bad for her... But she made me grateful in a sense that I wasn't where she was... Apparently 'round here with the condition the economy is in there were a number of foreclosed homes... And you could see some homeless people who still clinched to the things they were used to... I saw one lady with a hair Iron thing sticking outt'a one of her plastic bags and her husband had a briefcase with him....That also made me grateful in a very wide eyed way....
    Playing DCUO now

creamstar is offline Amateur Gamer

Oh i never saw a chat thread! this is cool!

Hi, how are you creamstar ?
    Playing DCUO now

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast