Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By The Flaming Trident
  • 1 Post By 3poindy
  • 1 Post By Kayopuro

Title: Taking a Look Back.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Default Taking a Look Back.

Hey all.

I haven't posted anything meaningful here in a while, and I literally cannot sleep so I was just looking through archives and such out of pure boredom. I don't expect many people to read this as this site gets little to no more activity anymore, but I'm just going to leave this here. I'm just gonna be rambling about stuff, so expect a long post. Sorry if that's not your thing, but I do encourage you to read it.... for some reason. I dunno.

Basically I joined in the July of 2010. I saw a commercial and figured why not. Immediately I was asked out by some chick (her name was Caitlin Sparkwave) and since I was like 11 or so, I figured "OH YES". Anyway, that's beyond the point. I met many friends as I progressed, and unfortunately many of them left and I never saw and still haven't seen since. As I leveled up and advanced through the game, I met a new friend of the current social tier I was currently at who I would talk to, level up with, and all that fun stuff. It was really a great experience meeting new people and it really made my overall experience within the game very good.

Fast-forward a few months or a year and I start chatting on the Server 1 members chat. I met most of my friends off of there, and we've exchanged numbers and still talk and remain good friends to this very day. It was a blast which was highlighted by the referees who would occasionally pop in and hang out and chat with us. One of the guys I met on members chat was named Benny Solarhammer. He was different as he was more of the achievement, finish stuff, kind of guy and he changed my aspect of the game and it was for the good as he got me into building and TCG. He also introduced me to this site, and I recall joining and then quitting because of the format or something.

Benny and I remained good friends, and I met another guy named Axel Smith. He introduced me to his guild Advanced which was my favorite experience within the game as we chatted on the guild site and we were all like a big group of close friends. However, Advanced fell apart and Axel ended up joining a guild called Mystic Mayhem. He convinced me to join, so in the July of 2011 (nearly a year after I signed up for the game) I joined Mystic Mayhem. There are a lot of memories including the randomness threads, and the many friends I made on there and it was pretty hard adjusting to new people, but I can say that it really helped me mature and some of my old posts make me cringe. However, there's one memory that always just clouds my mind, and I know Lucieno mentioned this in his thread.

It's a touchy subject, but along with a few other members, I was a participant in a trolling incident that went on and off for a year. At the time I thought it was the best thing ever, but I've matured over the years and looking back I truly regret the things I did and said as it really killed my reputation on that website and my relationship with the staff is still arguably yet to be patched up. For that, I am truly sorry for what I have done and it is easily one of the most regrettable things I've ever done in my life. Looking back, I see how dedicated the staff truly are and how much they cared about those kids, and to do the things we did to them is just cringeworthy. I deleted my original account on the site and came back here, almost a whole year after registering. I had many great times on this site including the wondrous #TFT4FRI campaign, debating/discussing with Zyon, and pretty much everything on the Official Chat Thread, but stuff happened, the site was dying and it was time for a break.

October 2013 is when I took my break that I never really "recovered" from. I never felt a need to regularly play anymore; I was getting busier and nothing interesting was happening. Every now and then I'd log in and hang out with Lucieno and we'd troll or something, but it was never a regular thing like it used to be. I decided to rejoin FRM in an attempt to regain my reputation over there and it started rough as I immediately got in an argument with someone, haha. He and I are now pretty good friends and we respect each other very much. Had a few minor run-ins with "the law", but overall things have been fine. Then I remember it was announced. Free Realms was shutting down.

It's something that was discussed so much, but nobody expected it now as they were coming out of a slump it seemed. That's when I started playing more. I started talking to old friends, starting logging more hours, etc. I couldn't believe that the game that played a big part into my life was ending. Eventually the time had come, and I logged in for the final time. I remember spending it with Kayo and Lucieno as they were my two best friends in-game at the time. We had a really fun time, and ended off by trolling Sanctuary. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with the ending as it seemed reaaaally anti-climatic. Needless to say, it was a horrible ending to what was and could have been a great game. Just really depressing how it happened.

Looking back, I feel like Free Realms ending is bittersweet. Not gonna lie, I've had urges to play it every now and then and it sucks that I can't, haha. I met a lot of awesome people on that game, and had the time of my life, but it sort of took it's toll on me. I spent so much time and money on that game that despite meeting many friends online, I was losing touch with my friends out of game, so it just felt like a giant weight was lifted off my shoulder as I really was addicted to the game. It was really just eating up my life and it felt HORRIBLE. I have so much more time to friends and family now, but I still text my friends from the game sometimes, as I can't completely throw them in the ditch.

I truly appreciated the community after the game closed. Seeing how people still come here and FRM is still doing alright, it really shows how united we are as a community and it's a great thing to see that even if we lost our game, we still have each other.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful memories you have given me. This entire experience has been a blast that i will never forget.

#TFT4FRI
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

IO272 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Taking a Look Back.

The Walmart in my town has the $10 SC cards specifically sold at Walmart. It makes me wonder if FR is going to come back...but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up :/

Endure
    IGN-Thief Lourde (Lifetime Member)

3poindy is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by IO272 View Post
    The Walmart in my town has the $10 SC cards specifically sold at Walmart. It makes me wonder if FR is going to come back...but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up :/
    Well there's a new rumor of April
    IO272 likes this.
    IGN: Lionpaw OfThunderclan (Might soon be changed, but that is my current name)

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming Trident View Post
    Hey all.

I have so much more time to friends and family now, but I still text my friends from the game sometimes, as I can't completely throw them in the ditch.
    #TFT4FRI
    please don't ;-; i miss you tft

Anyways, I remember crying right when Free Realms disconnected me. Cried all night, all day. Walmart still sells the cards, as 1O272 said. I really miss this site, this game. I can't get into any other games or forums after this, I feel like they are just going to stab me in the back and throw me out the window again. I started around 2010, and I met this guy named Armin my first day. I decided it was my goal to date him lol, and that never happened. As time went on I met new friends, was a complete jerk, and lost friends. I remember a girl named Jaslyn, most clearly. I thought she was the coolest person in the world, and I followed her. And stalked her. And followed her some more. She was so nice and funny and we eventually had a clique that was my only friends ig and out.I lied to her, about who I really was. I never told her the truth, and it hurts. I have her email still (wow email) and I can't bring myself to tell her. I think about it some nights, but I think of how disappointed she would be. After a year, we had a fight and split. We became friends again, but I matured and wasn't really the same.I joined this site in 2010, and scammed someone. Quickly after that, I decided I wanted to actually make an account here permanently. Oops, I scammed someone, call the cops. It was a really popular person on the site back then, but she quit shortly after. hehe. After that, I thought I was invincible and scammed everyone for everything. Then I got scammed, karma is a beeswax, right? I met some really cool people in the guild Imagine, and I spent all my time with them, after that. I remember Rainycorn and I used to go on the bridge and randomly talk to guys and flirt with them. That was fun. After a bit, I started to drift back into Wizard101, a game I have been playing for about six years now. I wanted to play Free Realms, but I didn't at the same time. I realized once I quit FR that time, there was no going back to friends, fun, trading. I decided to become "rich and popular" again, going back to old trading tactics (which worked. farm a ton of stuff, let them get a page of items for something rare, take the rare thing, get two of them, sell one, get something rarer) and I quit. Once I read that FR was closing, I felt like I was a bad person, neglecting this site and all. I spent the night with TFT and I cried afterwards. I miss this site, I really do. You were my family when I didn't have family. You were my friends when my friends betrayed me. Thank you for that.

It's your world, you can do whatever you want to, however you want to...nothing impossible. c:
    Last edited by Kayopuro; 02-01-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    IO272 likes this.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

IO272 is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Kayopuro View Post
    You were my family when I didn't have family. You were my friends when my friends betrayed me. Thank you for that.
    That's how I feel about it all. I had friends in-game who I'll never forget, and enemies who I'll also never forget. I started Free Realms back in beta, played till I got banned, and then made an alt till the end. I'll never forget it, no matter how hard I try.

My 2 best friends in-game, I'm still in contact with. 1 of whom, I talk to literally everyday, even though we've never met face to face. He's my brother in all but blood, I feel like I couldn't live without the guy.

I understand what you mean about games betraying us. I was a part of a game called "Pirates of the Caribbean Online" since 2007, it closed in 2013. There's a group of ex-players trying to bring it back, so I'm part of their following.

But, no matter how much we think life won't bite us, it always does. The things we love the most will get taken away at some point, it's just a matter of time. Even though it's bound to happen, we can't let it control our lives. We just gotta learn to live with it, and live for the moment
    I'll never forget the times I've had in Free Realms, good and bad. This game helped make me who I am today, and it did the same to any and all dedicated players. Even if yall weren't dedicated to Free Realms, I can guarantee that whatever game you're dedicated to (even if it's closed, because I'm still dedicated to FR) made you who you are today.

Irl, my friends betrayed me. They always have. 3 years ago, I met some people irl that are basically my family now.
    Aside from that, Free Realms was my home away from home. And it still sort of is, I find myself drifting away, daydreaming, and reminiscing about the good old days back in FR, and I'll never forget it.
    Last edited by IO272; 02-01-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Endure
    IGN-Thief Lourde (Lifetime Member)

darkreaver is offline Explorer

i hope free realms coming back
    Last edited by darkreaver; 02-03-2015 at 04:13 PM.