Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

darkreaver is offline Explorer

Default sony Becomes Daybreak Game Company =maybe free realms coming back

i hope this will bring free realms back dear Players, Partners and Friends,

Today, we are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies. This means that effective immediately SOE will operate as an independent game development studio where we will continue to focus on creating exceptional online games for players around the world, and now as a multi-platform gaming company. Yes, that means PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and more!

As part of this transition, SOE will now become Daybreak Game Company. This name embodies who we are as an organization, and is a nod to the passion and dedication of our employees and players. It is also representative of our vision to approach each new day as an opportunity to move gaming forward.

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

Our games and players are the heart and soul of our organization, and we are committed to maintaining our portfolio of online games and pushing the limits of where we can take online gaming together.

Thank you for your continued support. See you in game!

Last edited by darkreaver; 02-03-2015 at 04:15 PM.

darkreaver is offline Explorer

Default Re: sony Becomes Daybreak Game Company =maybe free realms coming back

its look like i am wrong
    Varlantia said:
    Games like Free Realms were going in a great direction that could have brought in new players with some effort. Could this happen in the future?

While our current games will be continuing on their operational and development plans, we do not have any plans to bring back games that were previously sunset by the company.

Mizzila is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by darkreaver View Post
    its look like i am wrong
    Varlantia said:
    Games like Free Realms were going in a great direction that could have brought in new players with some effort. Could this happen in the future?

While our current games will be continuing on their operational and development plans, we do not have any plans to bring back games that were previously sunset by the company.
    BUT, by games "Sunset by the company," does that mean just FreeRealms, or also any spin-offs or sequels to the game? If it just means the FreeRealms we know, then maybe (unlikely, but just maybe), there is hope for a FreeRealms 2 or a FreeRealms-like game in the future?

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful time in the realms!
    I'll be on MMOCentralForums as Tyrynn if anyone needs me.

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

SOE is stupid company. I hope they crash and burn.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

They said that previous game portfolios would be considerately returnable. What stumps me is that Freerealms was so popular to begin with. 6 million players, yet SOE sunsets the ******* game. I also do not understand why this company said that previous 'sunsetted games would not return. Didn't that company say that the would 'bring back previous games'? Could I ask where you got this information so I could read further more (like the URL address)?
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lilah Dimdal View Post
    Didn't that company say that the would 'bring back previous games'?
    Link to where that was said?
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

Not exactly work for word, but it does have some interaction to that topic on darkreaver's second entry: they will not return sunsetted games. Games that were forced my SOE's demands were driven out permanently (Freerealms at the moment). They never said anything stashed in their file cabinets wouldn't make a return. So could previous games make a comeback.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri