Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Jennifer Wolflight is offline Master Gamer

Default So whatcha think about Wikileaks?

Tell me your thoughts.
    Is it bad or maybe good?
    Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold.

☆☆☆

Drakie is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: So whatcha think about Wikileaks?

Its good. I'm glad the government gets exposed on things. Personally, I take a totally neutral stand on all political orders and regimes. I don't vote and I don't become involved in politics in any way shape or form because they all make mistakes and lie. I obey the laws and the rules and respect their rights as 'leaders', but I do not trust them. WikiLeaks has proven the fact that they all hide things and they deserve to be brought to justice. It's interesting how Assange has now been arrested on these 'charges'. Whether or not the allegations are fraudulent or indeed true, I have a certain amount of cynicism about the legitimacy of his arrest. It just seems a strange coincidence.

But hey, what do I know...
    Lost in fog and love and faithless fear,
    I've had kisses that make Judas seem sincere..

Myth is offline Pro Gamer

Well i'm kind of on the edge with it. There are many different sides to it, such as with WikiLeaks we get told a lot about things we want to know. But theres a bad side which is with all this information the ppl behind WikiLeaks have a lot of power which can lead to a lot of different things

If only the leader of WikiLeaks wasn't in jail :\
    IGN: Europe, like the continent. Yes, my character is a continent, it's very snazzy.

Currently guildless

The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

Jullian Assange is my hero. Period.
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Aedc is offline Master Gamer

I personally think it's good. I have a very "negative" stance on how the government is going. So the fact that they were hiding things from the general public does not even remotely shock. Governments always have secrets, and they always will have secrets. Off the top of my head one of the better kept secrets of the government that was released was Project MKULTRA. Us, the people can rise and conquer peacefully. Or just get the truth out, which is what WikiLeaks did. Now whether or not that was the best way of channeling the truth is an entirely different matter. Plus the fact that someone was about to retrive that amount of information is unsettling. You would think that government secret would have enough security measures up to prevent this from happening in the first place. They should know by now, if you're gonna have a secret, make sure you have good security on it. Which is the bad side to it. Since this has happened, I imagine people are questioning the security of other classified documents, those that could cause much more damage than this.
    But in general, the leaks is a good thing. The people deserve the truth, no matter how unsettling. We, as a people, should know matters of our country. Instead of said matters being swept under the rug so we can't we them. People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    "The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." -Gil Stern

Drakie is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by The Painbringer View Post
    Jullian Assange is my hero. Period.
    I concur. The man was a modern legend, an all-round warrior for justice. The fact that he had the honour and the guts to attack an entire organisation is very awe-inspiring. And I have no doubt that soon, someone will come along to continue his work.
    Lost in fog and love and faithless fear,
    I've had kisses that make Judas seem sincere..

The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Drakie View Post
    I concur. The man was a modern legend, an all-round warrior for justice. The fact that he had the honour and the guts to attack an entire organisation is very awe-inspiring. And I have no doubt that soon, someone will come along to continue his work.
    Indeed. If you didn't know, he is in the running for Time Magazine's Person of the Year. I voted for him, and I think you should too.
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

I believe that this Wikileaks event has strengthened our relationship with the government. The Leaks showed nothing too major, they didn't show any special alien tech that the government was hiding, or any secret nukes or labratories, in a way, he strengthened us, by exposing us to what the government is really hiding, and not the secrets we thought they were hiding.

I hope you understand what I am saying.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Sorry, this discussion can lead to political discussion - which is a topic we don't allow on any of our insider sites. It just causes a lot of hurt feelings and arguments.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.