Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Flaming Trident

Title: So this new company is trying to buy out previous SOE games? Is there a possible future for Freerealms?

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

Default So this new company is trying to buy out previous SOE games? Is there a possible future for Freerealms?

Given the circumstances of our 'sunsetted' game, I have recently read a thread stating that some company is possibly going to buy out previous or current 'going away' games produced by the SOE industries. If it is possible (not really sure), Freerealms could, could, COULD be making a full forced return to our computer screens. HOWEVER, this company's announcement does state that only recipients (games) that were not a sunset under SOE's conditions, would return.

I'm sure that Freerealms is somehow stashed away in SOE's filing cabinets, to where enough evident-inclined statements would bribe the Daybreak Company to resolve our sorrowful hearts with mercy from the SOE company. The announcement (like I said above) will most likely relinquish 'sunsetted' games and therefore, we could miss a big opportunity or probably our only opportunity, to call Freerealms our home.

To happily present good news (or something to look at), I would like to start of by saying SOE is nuts for damaging our taste for a healthy, animated, FUN game. To help you organize your thoughts on that, here is some research I gladly collected for your lens to see:

~Out of all of SOE's hit games, Freerealms was on that list with 20 MILLION players

~We can admit that the graphic technology in Freerealms was FANTASTIC and probably took a while to comprehend with

~Freerealms was oh so popular enough to grab the attention of Obama's children. (I wonder if any of the other 'successful' SOE games grabbed such national attention)

~Freerealms gave us the time of our lives

After reading those statements, you probably should ask this question to yourself: Was/would there EVER be a good reason to why Freerealms should be long gone?

Wasn't Freerealms the only game with organized bots, a commercial, AND 20 MILLION players?

Wasn't Freerealms a game made fun for all ages? Are the current SOE games eligible for every shape and size, mostly AGE?

These are some reasons why the Daybreak company is GOING to HAVE to change their minds. I am not going to sit and watch this comapny dictate unpopular games and leave a very successful game behind. To help with this philosophical debate, I will make a call to Daybreak Company sometime this week to get more information. I will keep you guys updated in a different thread if you want to know how the conversation went.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri

Candio is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: So this new company is trying to buy out previous SOE games? Is there a possible future for Freerealms?

Hmmmmm. If SOE (A.K.A Daybreak game company) might sell Free Realms to another game company. Do you have proof that they might. If you do then could you please pm me the link to where it says that?

Default Re: So this new company is trying to buy out previous SOE games? Is there a possible future for Freerealms?

Darkreaver's thread has the information, but you could also check out SOE's open discussion. Quick correction- the Daybreak Company isn't selling games but retrieving them.
    Cambri

Candio is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lilah Dimdal View Post
    Darkreaver's thread has the information, but you could also check out SOE's open discussion. Quick correction- the Daybreak Company isn't selling games but retrieving them.
    Okay but can you give me the link to it so I can see?
    Last edited by Candio; 02-20-2015 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candio View Post
    Okay but can you give me the link to it so I can see?
    https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/...e.11500068779/
    Cambri

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Oh that silly 'ole TFT is at it again. I'm gonna pull an Ash.

To happily present good news (or something to look at), I would like to start of by saying SOE is nuts for damaging our taste for a healthy, animated, FUN game.
    Healthy. Hmph. Aren't all games animated? That's beside the point.

~Out of all of SOE's hit games, Freerealms was on that list with 20 MILLION players
    Wizard101 - 50 million
    Minecraft - 100 milion

I'm sure Everquest has a high number of players. While 20 million seems like a lot, when you put it up with it's competitors, it's not all that good.

~We can admit that the graphic technology in Freerealms was FANTASTIC and probably took a while to comprehend with
    Sure.

~Freerealms was oh so popular enough to grab the attention of Obama's children. (I wonder if any of the other 'successful' SOE games grabbed such national attention)
    First off, when they said president they were referring to the President of SOE...errm Daybreak. John Smedley. Not Obama. Even still.... it's just the president's kids playing... ya know... a kid's game. It hasn't gained any national attention, and there haven't been commercials on TV for years.

~Freerealms gave us the time of our lives
    Subjective.

After reading those statements, you probably should ask this question to yourself: Was/would there EVER be a good reason to why Freerealms should be long gone?
    Yes.

Wasn't Freerealms the only game with organized bots, a commercial, AND 20 MILLION players?
    No.

Wasn't Freerealms a game made fun for all ages?
    Yes.

Are the current SOE games eligible for every shape and size, mostly AGE?
    Size? Come on now, you're stretching.

These are some reasons why the Daybreak company is GOING to HAVE to change their minds. I am not going to sit and watch this comapny dictate unpopular games and leave a very successful game behind.
    It's been left behind.

To help with this philosophical debate, I will make a call to Daybreak Company sometime this week to get more information. I will keep you guys updated in a different thread if you want to know how the conversation went.
    Philosophical debate. Lol.

Also, the link above doesn't address what Candio was talking about... like, at all.
    ashfr likes this.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

~
    • Out of all of SOE's hit games, Freerealms was on that list with 20 MILLION players
    • After reading those statements, you probably should ask this question to yourself: Was/would there EVER be a good reason to why Freerealms should be long gone?
    • Wasn't Freerealms the only game with organized bots, a commercial, AND 20 MILLION players?
    • These are some reasons why the Daybreak company is GOING to HAVE to change their minds. I am not going to sit and watch this comapny dictate unpopular games and leave a very successful game behind.
    The game was removed for the contrary, it clearly wasn't doing as well as the other SOE(Daybreak) games that are actually still here(e.g., Everquest).

Give me a break. And Wizard101/Minecraft weren't anywhere near associated with SOE games. SOE didn't even publish them. And I have a bit of persuasive art.

If you also have a problem with me trying to bring the game I put my time into back to life, then don't bother leaving arrogant comments. Don't even visit this ghost site anymore. It's obviously not fit for you or your objective opinions. It's silly enough to say that you are glad that Freerealms is gone- yet you still lurk on this site.
    Cambri

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Give me a break. And Wizard101/Minecraft weren't anywhere near associated with SOE games. SOE didn't even publish them.
    I realize that, and I realize how that could have been taken the wrong way. What I'm saying is that compared to its competition... it wasn't doing so well, as Ash mentioned.

If you also have a problem with me trying to bring the game I put my time into back to life, then don't bother leaving arrogant comments.
    It's not that I have a problem with you trying to bring it back, it's more-so the points that you bring up. All which have been addressed numerous times by different people.

Don't even visit this ghost site anymore.
    Who are you to tell me what to do?

It's obviously not fit for you or your objective opinions.
    Objective > Subjective.

It's silly enough to say that you are glad that Freerealms is gone- yet you still lurk on this site.
    Your question asked if there was a good reason that Free Realms should be long gone. My answer: Yes. Am I glad it's gone? No. But they already shut it down, so there's no point in bringing it back.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever