Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Respect: Treat others the way you want to be treated.

A good friend of mine, and staff member over at WI made a great thread called "Treat others the way you want to be treated." I think it is something we all need to be reminded of at all times, and it applies over here just as much as it does on WI.

Lately there has been a lot of arguments, spam, and not nice things going on at FRI - on profiles, on free market threads, and in other places. Does your "master game" status make you who you are? Is the amount of rep dertermine if you are a good person? It doesn't. It is how you treat others, and I like to think everyone can be a great big group of friends.

Here is a few points COWs made on WI:

• Since you and your friends aren't clones, you will disagree sometimes!
    • Is it really worth fighting over? If it's trivial, or you're not going to agree no matter what, why not give it up? Agree to disagree and move on.
    • Friends have differences of opinion without putting each other down.
    • Even if you'll never agree - try to see the other person's viewpoint. At least honor his right to have his own opinions.

So... please remember this. When you are posting on someones thread about your new auction, what does that accomplish? Does it make that person feel good? When you ignore someone, or post gossip about them on a friends profile, what does that say about you as a friend? What about when you argue with someone, what does that say about you?

Be open to new friendships. You never know who will be your next BFF. I have many friends who I did not get along with when I first met them, and now they are some of my BFFs. I hope that you all will take time to think about this, and "treat others the way you want to be treated." We are all good and kind people here, it is just taking time to treat others right.

You will be amazed what a little bit of kindness can do. You can find many friends here. Just remember that behind the username, avatar, signature, free market thread, etc. could be your next best friend, or group pal, or guild mate... Just take the time to talk to them and see.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Ravenheart is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Respect: Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Tamaaaaa..
    ~THERE IS NO FORCE ON EARTH
    MORE POWERFUL THAN THE WILL TO LIVE~

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

That's what my mom has taught and is continuing to teach us as we are growing up. Before we treat someone badly, mom always says "Is that how you want to be treated?". Its something that I'm still learning as I'm growing into who I want to be. I think we should all ask ourselves that same question on the internet. Its something that I'm very poor at, but I'm slowly but learning how to be nicer to people behind the screen.
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Golden Rule:
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
    I agree 100%.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Nyx Nighthaven is offline Master Gamer

Thank you so much for posting this. A wonderful reminder and at a time I really needed it, thanks Ashley

´¯`Dreamcatcher´¯`
    Believe and Achieve

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

I agree too! I'm glad our friends arent clones, then life would just be a normal boring thing, no creativity. But since we get what we want and not having clone friends, we should not take advantage of it, and treat others unkindly. Thanks for the reminder Ashley

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Ahh... The Golden Rule...and it's that for a reason... What's more valuable than a friend ? Thank you very much for posting this Ms. Ashley, it's very well put and and a much needed reminder for us all from time to time
    Playing DCUO now

sparkles is offline Master Gamer

This is something a certain someone i know should learn. She is not on this site. Nor will she ever hear of it much either. if she came on here she would get banned right away for she curses alot. I will not say her name. She has tons of friends for the strangest reason. She's a bully and doesn't care how other people feel. And her little brother slapped me once. he also punched two other kids on my bus. They all need to learn respect if they want to be treated fairly. So i agree with this thread 100% people need to learn this.
    Well Mister Smarty Pants I don't go running around.
    -Haha funny trolololol (randomness)

kiperrr is offline Master Gamer

indeed, a great idea to keep in mind here.

Kiperrrful (AKA Kiperrr, Kippy, Kipster, Kip)
    IGN: Kiperrrful Server 4

sparkles is offline Master Gamer

Yes kip. If people don't learn this, they'd might end up being bullies and they'd only be popular because they're non real friends will only be friends because they're scared of being bullied. I believe that is why my bully has so many friends. Considering this, i think lots of people want to be my friend, but they're scared of that bully so they don't. Which i believe is unfair. If people want to be bullies why can't the goverment ask to make a school specail for them so the good kids can live their life? This thread means alot to me and i don't see why some people can't see that if they want to have real friends, they have to be nice. I could sit in the middle of the room and no kid in my class would come up to me asking if they want to be friends. This thread shows alot of things and the whole thread is true. the kid who slapped me was in 2nd grade i'm two grades above him.
    I don't see why people can't just be nice. If anything means more to me, this is what it is, everyone should be treated fairly, whether they're dumb, smart, pretty, ugly, or whatever. This whole thread deserves rep. But i'm not because it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by sparkles; 02-27-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: .
    Well Mister Smarty Pants I don't go running around.
    -Haha funny trolololol (randomness)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast