Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default References To Past Successful Sailing: Part 2

Click Here to see Part 1: http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...608#post272608

I will proberly edit this. Tell me if you want something added in this or if you want me to do a review of a sailing game.

References to Successful Sailing: (Part 2) The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Paragraph 1: History

Released in October 1, 2007 in North America for the DS, this was surprisingly my first Zelda game. This game was a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. In this game, you are only using the touch screen.

Paragraph 2: Story

The game starts of telling you about The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Then you are on a pirate ship with a girl named Tetra. In the Wind Waker, she was revealed to be Princess Zelda, but with Hyrule being washed away, she returned to being a pirate. She is then kidnapped by the Ghost Ship when going aboard to search for the treasure it was said to hold. In a desparate, yet foolish attempt, Link tries to save her, but ends up falling into the ocean. He wakes up on an island and goes on a journey to find the Ghost Ship.

Paragraph 3: Sailing

The Sailing was very essential to the game, just as Wind Waker was. This game, however, built itself on top of sailing. You have to use the boat to travel to different islands. Different from the first game, you have to fight bosses on the sea. I nice addition, is that you can move around while firing your cannon. You would have to tap on the screen to fire the cannon. Instead of controling the boat directly, you can just draw a course on your chart. As being a steamboat, you wouldn't have to worry about the wind. Also, there are pirates in the game that will try to sink your ship. If the leader gets close to your ship, you will have to fight them from inside the hull.

This was a pretty good game, and I would recommend it to anybody who likes DS games.

Coming Soon: Pirates of the Caribbean Online
    Last edited by Jonathan Copperflare; 03-17-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Bananas are awesome. Bananas are yellow. Since, yellow is a banana's color and bananas are awesome, yellow is awesome.

Renzo44 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: References To Past Successful Sailing: Part 2

lol these zelda games reminds me of spirit tracks:
    where you have to steer you train with the controls AND you have to fight enemies on the tracks...you use your train to get EVERYWHERE.
    Renzo44
    Server One
    I HAVE QUIT!

Shay Bjelland is offline Explorer

cool game dude

Quote Originally Posted by Renzo44 View Post
    lol these zelda games reminds me of spirit tracks:
    where you have to steer you train with the controls AND you have to fight enemies on the tracks...you use your train to get EVERYWHERE.
    Spirit Tracks was a pretty good game. I got it for Christmas and I got 100% in just a few days! I was really surprised. I guess playing Phantom Hourglass over and over again payed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay Bjelland View Post
    cool game dude
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Jonathan Copperflare; 03-17-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bananas are awesome. Bananas are yellow. Since, yellow is a banana's color and bananas are awesome, yellow is awesome.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Those caverns that required the Phantom Hourglass were pretty fun, too! My favorite part was needing to close the DS at one point, though - I had no idea they could actually record that!
    Since this is relating to the expected pirates, wouldn't the spots with pirates in the ocean and the looting their ships be essential, as well? Firing at the ships before they broke down your ship, looting their ship with a crane and getting new parts for yourself - it kept me occupied for a while.

I think my record in those caverns with Phantoms was 0:00 lol.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    Those caverns that required the Phantom Hourglass were pretty fun, too! My favorite part was needing to close the DS at one point, though - I had no idea they could actually record that!
    Since this is relating to the expected pirates, wouldn't the spots with pirates in the ocean and the looting their ships be essential, as well? Firing at the ships before they broke down your ship, looting their ship with a crane and getting new parts for yourself - it kept me occupied for a while.

I think my record in those caverns with Phantoms was 0:00 lol.
    Oh yeah! I forgot to talk about those pirates entering your ship! And the part where I had to close the DS was pretty creative. I just couldn't figure it out, so I closed the DS and came back for it later, and I heard little jingle, and I was amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Copperflare View Post
    Oh yeah! I forgot to talk about those pirates entering your ship! And the part where I had to close the DS was pretty creative. I just couldn't figure it out, so I closed the DS and came back for it later, and I heard little jingle, and I was amazed!
    Haha, yeah, same here! It was one of the few games I finished without a walkthrough, but it had some pretty darn clever tricks!
    Oh yeah, the pirates invading your ship, lol. I used to just let them on since they weren't too much of a problem getting rid of anyway, heh.

Ah good times, good times. I'm still playing Wi-fi battles. I got all the Big-Plays, but it's still a cool thing to do when I'm bored. I've got great techniques, but my oppenent always turns off their DS right before the battle is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Copperflare View Post
    Ah good times, good times. I'm still playing Wi-fi battles. I got all the Big-Plays, but it's still a cool thing to do when I'm bored. I've got great techniques, but my oppenent always turns off their DS right before the battle is over!
    Really? I can never find an opponent at all! >_< Oh well, not sure I should let this conversation drag out too long. I haven't tried out Pirates of the Caribbean Online yet, so looking forward to this one, too.

Renzo44 is offline Master Gamer

ah yes pirates of the carribean a great game but it was hard to keep your ship under control...and it was WAY Slow....but you had power-ups...(i can keep going on lol )
    Renzo44
    Server One
    I HAVE QUIT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast