Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Default References To Past Successful Sailing: Part 1

With clues to pirates coming to Free Realms, I thought I'd share with you some of the successful sailing related games I know. I'll share more as time goes on, but for now, I am proud to present, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Paragragh 1: History

Released in March 24, 2003 in North America for the NGC(Nintendo Game Cube), this became a game I would never forget. This game was considered to be somewhat of a sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and rightfully so, with its familiar characters and it gave that feel that would make you say, "Yeah, I am playing a Zelda game". This was also the first game to star Toon Link. Although it gave timeline theories a hard time, it was a pretty good game.

Paragraph 2: Story

The game starts of telling the legend of the Hero of Time. This basically summarizes what happened in Ocarina of Time. You wake up, finding yourself on an island as a normal kid. This kid happens to be Link, but a different one than the one who defeated Ganon. It's your birthday and are become of age. When a boy becomes of age, they are to learn swordplay and wear garments just like the ones the Hero of Time wore. Eventually, one thing leads to another and you end up on this journey to save your sister. As it may sound childish, don't let it fool you. Once you reach your sister, you are grabbed by the Helmorac King, a giant bird serving the evil Ganon. Soon, you find yourself in Hyrule and end up on a quest to defeat Ganon himself. I might not summarize it well, but please excuse me. Trying to summarize any Zelda game is hard enough without trying to figure out where each game goes in the Zelda timeline.

Paragraph 3: Sailing

Now, let's cut to the sailing review. The sailing, wasn't perfect, but it served it's purpose. Basically, you would be sailing from island to island in a small boat. There wasn't much to do on the sea except for some items. The cannon wasn't good because whenever you used it, you would have to stop your boat, which would make you vunerable to attacks. The really nice thing about it, is that you could come up to an island and dock it anywhere, get of the ship, and go around the island without a loading screen. The cannon doesn't have a scope, so you would have to aim it right. It was actually pretty realistic because you would have to use the wind to move around. Fear not, because by using the Wind Waker, you can change the direction the wind is blowing at your command.

That's pretty much all I can summerize as of now. Please tell me if I missed something.

Part 2:http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...043#post273043

Here is a little something extra I found for you to watch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv8gnBMiWM[/ame]
    Last edited by Jonathan Copperflare; 03-17-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    Bananas are awesome. Bananas are yellow. Since, yellow is a banana's color and bananas are awesome, yellow is awesome.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: References To Past Successful Sailing: Part 1

Agh, I got stuck in Wind Waker and never tried going through the game. >_< Really regret that now.
    Phantom Hourglass is pretty much the perfect example of a possible pirate minigame, though. Loved that game.

Ah, and a pretty good summary - can't wait for the Phantom Hourglass summary.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Default Re: References To Past Successful Sailing: Part 1

Why thank you! The Phantom Hourglass will have to wait until I get home though. I put a little something extra in there for you to enjoy.
    Bananas are awesome. Bananas are yellow. Since, yellow is a banana's color and bananas are awesome, yellow is awesome.