Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Icon2 Playstation 2, will it continue making games?

You all know about the Playstation 2. Almost all of my friends have one! They made great games. Ya know, like Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Tony Hawk Underground, and tons more! But do you think they will keep making games for the Playstation 2, or never make a game for Playstation 2? I think they're are gonna stop, but I'm not sure. With the new Playstation 3, the Playstation 2 doesn't even have a chance of being a good console anymore. It's just outdated, ya know? The Wii is really going on top of all the consoles. But in handheld gaming, it's a different story. Ds, Dsi, PSP, these are all names of handheld gaming consoles. They pretty much don't make many Game Boy games anymore. So, will the Playstation 2 become one of the best consoles on the market, or fall to it's death, like the old game consoles, including the Sega Dreamcast? Reply and tell me what you think will happen in the FUTURE for the Playstation 2!

AshSmiley is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Playstation 2, will it continue making games?

I think it should, like everybody I know has one. If Sony just decides to stop making games for it, they would be losing a whole lot of money! I hope they will keep making PS2 games but I doubt they will.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

My PS2 is completely trashed in the audio department... :I~ I can get video, but it just doesn't like making sounds anymore.

Happy I got a PS3 with backwards compatibility.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Icon8 Re: Playstation 2, will it continue making games?

It just doesn't make any sense. They should of never quit the Playstation 1, but they did. They haven't quit the Playstation 2 yet, but I know they will. And finally they made the Playstation 3. Why didn't they just stick with the Playstation 1, keep the name, and just use the MODEL of the Playstation 2 and just have it named Playstation? I mean cmon. The number at the end wasn't really a cool idea. Well for the xbox, they called the new one 360, which was better than going up 1 number at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercheese999 View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense. They should of never quit the Playstation 1, but they did. They haven't quit the Playstation 2 yet, but I know they will. And finally they made the Playstation 3. Why didn't they just stick with the Playstation 1, keep the name, and just use the MODEL of the Playstation 2 and just have it named Playstation? I mean cmon. The number at the end wasn't really a cool idea. Well for the xbox, they called the new one 360, which was better than going up 1 number at a time.
    Well, I think It's because it's an advancement in the technology and more ergonomic advancements, etc. It's not like the Xbox users were able to upgrade their consoles to the 360 like that, they needed to buy a new one. The PS2 would just not be able to support all the new features the PS3 has.

Also, numbering things (giving them a volume) is really important in the future. The PS1 did not have a one in it's name before, it just became that way so people know what you are talking about.

EG:
    Someone: "Hey the Playstation console is really awesome!"
    Someone else: "Uhhhhh....... which one?"
    Someone: "The black one o_o"
    Someone Else: "They are all black D:"
    (Hyperbole, of course)

They are even thinking about a newer version of the 360 (With compatibility between the two) or so I've heard.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Yeah, they already made one. The Xbox 360 Elite.

There is also the "arcade" X360 then. That is simply "PS3 Slim" equivalent with more better things (EG: more memory space, HD cables). It would only need a paragraph in the story that the 360 is.

Not even Natal can be considered as the new console because it's just a peripheral like the eye toy for PS2... o_o

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

Yes,Playstation 2 will indeed still make more games for the console.To be honest just a few years ago I had thought they stopped making the games,but then a friend had showed me a new game he had just got

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

I bet it will since I have an old Play Station (No, not 2 or 3, the the first one) and they have discontinued basically everything for them but when I asked around at Game Stop a little while back they said that there will be some more adding possible in the PS2 franchise.

thezoom is offline Master Gamer

like with the xbox and xbox360. about a year after they made the xbox360, they completely stop makeing xboxes, xbox games, and even gamestop stoped buying selling and tradeing them.

XboxLive Gamertag: beastin billy