Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stephani Rabbitheart is offline Master Gamer

Icon6 **Official chat thread for FRIday: Its Friday the 13th**

Friday the 13th, is considered a day of bad luck and evil. In the Western world, a significant chunk of the population suspects bad things will happen whenever the 13th day of a month occurs on the day of the week called Friday. Like many human beliefs, the fear of Friday the 13th isn't exactly grounded in scientific logic. But the really strange thing is that most of the people who believe the day is unlucky offer no explanation at all, logical or illogical. Many people avoid travel and avoid signing contracts on Friday the 13th. Floors in tall buildings often skip from 12 to 14. The superstition does have deep,and compelling roots however, and the origins help explain why the belief is so widespread today.

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia or Paraskevidekatriaphobia, a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia - fear of the number 13. It comes from the Greek words paraskevi (Friday), and dekatria (thirteen), with the suffix phobia.

A healthy response to Friday the 13th comes from Paul Kurtz, chairman of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal. His message is, there's nothing to fear from superstition, & this organization routinely celebrates Friday the 13th with a party at which umbrellas are opened indoors, and other superstitious taboos are brashly challenged. So party hard and send Good Luck wishes to all!!

ARE YOU SUPERSTITIOUS! WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?!? HAS ANYTHING STRANGE OR UNUSUAL HAPPENED TO YOU ON FRIDAY THE 13TH?!? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: **Official chat thread for FRIday: Its Friday the 13th**

I don't worry about Friday the 13th at all and since it is FRIday the 13th that means good luck for everyone on Insiders RIGHT!!!

Bryan3Tears is offline Master Gamer

I Just walked to the store about an hour ago to get a couple Energy Drinks.... i dropped the 5 Energy drinks i bought on my way home...

i Spent about 2 $ a piece on them
    My Youtube My Xfire
    My Second Youtube channel
    Status: Quit FR and FRI, Will occasionally check notifications.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Friday the 13th did lots of terrible stuff to me today.
    Did terrible in some tests at school. Then, I already got the update notes on the recent update, but I didn't get any credit at all! Now, my laptop and internet is messing up my TCG matches. I was hoping SOE Support Staff would have helped me with my screen problems, but no, they're all "We can't help you because you're using a laptop"

Fate is always cruel to me.
    Last edited by ArielleMoonshadow; 08-13-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Misty is offline Master Gamer

nothing bad has ever happened to me on friday the 13th. its usually my luckiest day ever.

Stephani Rabbitheart is offline Master Gamer

Me too Misty! To me Friday the 13th is whatever you make it. xD

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

I don't really care about Friday the 13th. To me it's just a normal day like any other, that lots of people are scared of for no reason. Anyway, I like Phinas and Ferb. Do you guys like Phineas and Ferb?

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened for me on a Friday the 13th. I also don't have many superstitions, either. I just don't walk under ladders because they could fall on me. LOL!

Woot! Just noticed that I'm #5 in the top posters! -happy dance-
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 08-13-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Allons-y.

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Wolfheart View Post
    Nothing out of the ordinary has happened for me on a Friday the 13th. I also don't have many superstitions, either. I just don't walk under ladders because they could fall on me. LOL!

Woot! Just noticed that I'm #5 in the top posters! -happy dance-
    Same here with the ladders thing. But then again I usually never see a ladder.

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Same. I find some superstitions really weird, like the one about opening umbrellas indoors. I mean, how can that be bad luck? It's better to open it inside then get wet while you try and open it outside!
    Allons-y.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast