Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Icon1 ☼The Newspaper Writers Club☼

The Newspaper Writers Club

Do you love to write? Read? Enter newspaper contests? Join clubs? Then this group is for you! Here we all write articles about random stuff and on the 13th and 28th of each month, I'll put it all together into a thread in the creative writing section! We accept all forms of writing and all subjects that follow FRI and FR rules, but it would be preferable if there are a minimum of two articles about Free Realms. We will also hold monthly contests for anyone to enter, with absolutely no prize but the sense of accomplishment! Yay! Also, if you have a shop in the Free Market or Avvie/Siggie sections, you can submit advertisements and they will be placed in the Classified Ads! Free publicity, courtesy of The Newspaper Writers Club. This is a community project, so if you're interested go right ahead and join! If you have a knack for noticing other's typos and mistakes or are a grammar freak like me, you can become an assistant editor. It would really help me out! If you're looking for an easier job, you can try being a contest judge. Or, you could send in letters to the editor, questions to advice columnists or contest entries. It's totally up to you! So come on in, get to your pencils (Er, keyboard) and join The Newspaper Writers Club today!

Staff:
    Editor in Chief: Rain Wolfheart (Rain)
    Assistant Editors: assassin64, Charlotte, Danari Swiftheel, AaronEsko (A. Esko), Princess Celestina (Celes)
    Secretary:
    Contest Judges: Rain Wolfheart (Rain), lolaya, Winterbreaze (Winter)
    Photographers: Icy Rose
    Writers: Rain Wolfheart (Rain), Rosierulez, Charlotte, assassin64, Zoey704, Sarah Noblemind, Surflight (Surf), Amanda Precioussaber (Liz), angelicaldream (Angelica), Winterbreaze (Winter), AaronEsko (A. Esko) Gabriel Phantomcharm (Phantomwraith), Abigail Coralmusic (A. Coral), Princess Celestina (Celes), massivereality (Massive)
    Party Planners: Rain Wolfheart (Rain)
    Undecided:

Please fill out this form before joining!
    Username:
    Name(What you would like to be called):
    Other Info:

Reminders
    -Remember not to use red/blue ink in your articles
    -As much as we love having ads, remember that asking for donations is against the rules

Info for writers: A must read for anyone who wants to participate!!!
    Spoiler: show

I will keep all submissions in a folder on my memory stick so they don't get lost, and will give out articles to all editors so they can, well, edit. I will check with all writers before publishing the newspaper to make sure they're OK with the editor's work. Then, I'll put it all together and publish it. As contest entries come in, I trust the contest judges to collect them and judge, or put names in a hat, or whatever they need to do. Once a winner has been decided, I will write a short paragraph explaining what the contest was, who the winner is and why they won. Then I will pass it on to an assistant editor, then publish it with the rest of the articles. Advertisements will also be edited, and we will check with the author of the ad before publishing. All ads submitted for that month will be published after being edited. If, for some reason, you no longer want your article/ad/contest entry to be published/entered, I will immediately remove it and contact whoever was editing it/judging the contest. So, have fun with your work and remember: it's your world, you can do whatever you want to!
    The secretary organizes new members and welcomes them. New members must have filled out the form to join, and the secretary must contact me (Rain Wolfheart) so I can add them to the front page. I also added 'Undecided' for people who don't know what they want to do yet.

Article Ideas: If you have writer's block, look here!

You could write about...

-Music you love
    -Music you hate
    -Your pets
    -Other people's pets
    -Sports
    -Homework (how terrible homework is!)
    -Natural disasters that have hit the world
    -Cool holidays
    -Weird holidays
    -Current events
    -Monkeys!
    -Sports you play
    -Yummy (or gross) food
    -An awesome book you've read
    -Free Realms, duh!

Currently working on:

July Issue, Number 2, Issue 2, Volume 1

Past Issues:

Hot Off The Press: Articles written for this issue:

-Ad for Lag Minions guild, by Rain
    Top Ten Songs, by Charlotte (In editing process, article sent to author)
    Ad for emv123's Graphic Shop, by Rain (In editing process, article sent to owner)

Club Avvies

Feel free to use these wherever and submit your own!

Rain Wolfheart:

Sarah Noblemind:

Winter

(Contact Winterbreaze to have her put your name in the spot where it says Insert N. Amehere)

Staff Parties & Events

What? A massive staff party
    Who? Rain, for the staff
    When? TBA
    Where? TBA
    Why? Because I missed the other one and you all deserve an awesome party
    Dress Code: Black white and gray clothes only! Dress shoes mandatory, colored hand items welcome. Bring silly string, fireworks, party poppers, droppables and pets. Pets must be dressed, if possible, in black, white and gray, and if you have a paper hat for them it is mandatory. Rides are welcome, but please none on fire!

What? A massive staff party after-party
    Who? Rain, for everyone!
    When? TBA
    Where? Pixiewood Party Place (add any member of the club and teleport)
    Why? Because an awesome party deserves an awesome after-party!
    Dress Code: Black white and gray clothes only! Dress shoes mandatory, colored hand items welcome. Bring silly string, fireworks, party poppers, droppables and pets. Pets must be dressed, if possible, in black, white and gray, and if you have a paper hat for them it is mandatory. Rides are welcome, but please none on fire!

Have fun!

Your Editor in Chief,

-Rain Wolfheart

Rain Wolfheart
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 08-01-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Fixed Staff Party

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: ☼The Newspaper Writers Club☼

Can I help? I can write articles. In fact, I worked in my school's gazette before the end of the school year!

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Awesome! Go write (< I know, lame pun) ahead! You don't even need to ask, just send me what you want to publish and I'll get to work on editing right away!
    Allons-y.

Icy Rose is offline Master Gamer

Woot! Lol, joined the Club, hehe. (:
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(") IGN:
    Icy Rose

Haha, yep! And I made a couple logos, I'm gonna add them right now! I'd really appreciate it if you added it to your siggy.
    Allons-y.

Charlotte is offline Master Gamer

I made my first article

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    I made my first article
    Yay!!! -claps-

UPDATE!
    Hey guys, made some changes! Now the newspaper is twice a month. Deadlines are the 13th and 28th of each month. (Also sent a PM and changed the front page)
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 07-05-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Allons-y.

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

When I was in public school. I have always wanted to join the Yearbook editorial club. But never really did. I have to say, you have a really organized club going on here. I am quite surprised! Can't wait to read the first article! Good Luck!
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Thanks! You can join if you'd like! All help is welcome! Or if you'd rather be just a valued reader (LOL, I sound pretty cheesy, don't I?) instead. You don't have to be really good, that's what editors are for. I've actually never written for a real newspaper, but I like writing and often get high-ish grades in it. Thanks for the comment, Zoey!
    Allons-y.

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Umm...Yeah..I could join if you want my help. Also, I just thought of an idea "Pet Of The Month" People submit one picture of their pet, and someone chooses the best picture. Just a thought.
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast