Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Default New Roleplay Discussion: What Should it Be?

So, I was thinking of making a new Roleplay Story (with the permission of Ashley, of course), but before I ask Ashley, I'd like to hear from y'all what kind of RP you'd like to see.
    Any suggestions are welcome!

I copied this from the current RP that we have (Adventures Beyond):
    These are options for the stories behind your character:

The Sanctuary ~ The Busy venue.

Often is the first stop for many adventurers This town is known for its hustle and bustle from those visiting and as a great place to find a traveling companion.

Those who reside here have taken advantage of their well placed location and often sell many collectors and vendors of various items. Although not always for a fair value.

The Sanctuary is also Home to the Pixie queen held up in her tree palace surrounded by a vast body of water. And the Queen's Guards who can be seen patrolling the vendors and market area watching for tricksters and trouble makers.

Surrounding the town stands a moat, Honey's field and the treasure vault below.

Sea side ~ The breezy village.

Residents of this town by the sea are known for their carefree nature.

Often found by the ocean at night exchanging stories by the fire side or playing cards by the cafe patio. Due to its beautiful views this village is often chosen for get together or parties by many wishing to escape the busy nature of the sanctuary.

Shrouded Glade ~ The serene sanctum.

Home to the Druids. Those who take up residence here are "one with nature".

Various plants grow freely often tended by the Pixie who are studying cooking or the ways of the druid. Animals of all kinds roam freely interacting with members of this village.

The land consists of various water mills, parks & hills.

Snow hill ~ The chilly cove.

Nestled in the mountains to the north, the residents of Snowhill pride themselves on their hot springs. The Valley in which the village sits often is described as a frozen cove, sitting between three mountains with a body of frozen water just on the outskirts of the town.

Those who can brave the winter weather have good relations with the penguins, who are experienced mail penguins who deliver the mail on blustery winter days when the Pixies and Humans are huddled up in side.

Wugachug ~ The Carnival.

Wugachug is a colorful town run by the Chugawugs. Popular for its entertainment, fine food and interesting people. Various entertainment can be found here including live music, trained animals (such as exotic birds and bears) and the ever popular mail chugs.

Residents here tend to stay up late into the hours and focus on the fast pace side of life.

Merry Vale ~ The quiet paradise.

For those looking for a quieter pace - maybe Merry vale would suit you.

Filled with beautiful landscape, large golden sunflowers and balloons of many colors - Merry vale is just that, a cheery piece of paradise.

The Pixies here pride themselves on the simple things, finding pleasure in fishing - harvesting - gifts & parties by on the hill side.

Black Spore Swamp ~ The isolated corner.

This isolated camp sits in the southern corner of free realms. Its name comes from the black spores that the swamp life spread. Gloomy from the lack of sunlight - which also effects plant life - this swamp holds many dying trees and animals of the more exotic nature.

However, not everyone is frightened of these bleak surroundings. A small camp has been set up within the swamp to provide refuge tho those looking for a more exotic nature.

Crossroads/High Roads Junction/Stillwater Crossing ~

The adventurers pit stop.

These towns are often called the pit stops of free realms, ideally placed between larger stops of adventurers passing by. Although small in size - all three host a great meeting point for those looking to meet up by not wanting to travel far.

The few locals have often been known to open the doors of their homes for those late around the roads.

Biarwood ~ The forgotten maze.

Deep within the briarpatch of briarwood holds the Chugawug guard and their queen. Within it holds many exotic plant life, including various species of mushrooms. Those who do come from Biarwood are often reserved in nature. The tales they tell are different from the other folks of the realms.

Tales of dark adventures, creatures of woe and dark cold nights.

Lakeshore ~ The water's guardian.

Lakeshore is a small fishing village found off the coast of a small body of water.

The village is small in size, focusing mostly on farming and fishing. Although it is rumored to be home to some specialty combat professions.

It is highly praised for its food and welcoming nature.

Character types available -- you may create a character exclusively for the roleplay, or use one of your characters from the free realms game:

Humans: The Humans are new to the adventures in free realms. Although personality often varies humans tend to be curious in nature & natural explorers. They are also quick learners and have studied the blade and magic from the pixies quickly. Known to be the diplomats of the realms, often over seeing discussions between the pixies and chugawugs.

Pixies: Pixies tend to be gentle fun loving creatures, interested in caring for nature and its animals. They are never afraid to wield magic or a blade in defense of these creatures or the crown.

Chugawugs: Large in size, the chugawug is not the diplomat. Will often wield a blade and ask questions later. Known for its strong defense of the crown in Briarwood and its love of food (often slowing the mail delivery in chugawug).

Rob Goblin: Tricksters by nature, these goblins love collecting various items found around free realms. They are not to be under estimated - A whiz at business, they often try to set up shop in busy areas

and swindle a deal in their favor from the uneducated adventurers.

Here is a list of jobs:

Adventurer.

Archer.

Blacksmith.

Brawler.

Card Duelist.

Chef.

Demo Derby Driver.

Kart Driver.

Medic.

Miner.

Ninja.

Pet Trainer.

Postman.

Warrior.

Wizard.

Character form -- Please Post this once for everyone to refer to.

Name:

Character type:

Character's age:

Appearance:

Personality:

Job/career:

Home realm:

A brief history:
    Last edited by Princess Celestina; 12-26-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Default Re: New Roleplay Discussion: What Should it Be?

I'll be posting the introduction to the RP soon!

Celestina Corinne

Ok, so, I tried coming up with a backstory. Here's what I came up with:

New World

As I walk around the Realms these days, I usually hear about the fight between good and evil — between the two royal sisters of Free Realms, Queen Ayani and Queen Darkthorne. I mean, you would have thought this wouldn't affect any citizen in the Realms, right? Yes, right, until recently. Lately, it seems as though the more fighting that happens between them, the more a dangerous storm starts brewing.

What? What's going on? Why are Ayani's and Darkthorne's armies charging towards each other? A battle cry every few seconds — no! This can't be happening! Not now! The thunder rolls...the battle begins!

CRASH!
    Lightning strikes!
    The thunder hoarsely yells!

Wha—what's that funnel in the sky? No, it can't be! It's a... "Everybody, take cover!" I hear someone exclaim. I found the closest and safest spot there was. I crouched down and put my hands over my head as quickly as I could!

The tornado touched down! It wiped EVERYTHING out — towns, forests...everything.

What will happen now? What will become of this?

So, yep, that's what I wrote....
    Was it good? Bad? Eh? Cheesy?
    Any suggestions? Comments? =D

Celestina Corinne

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celestina View Post
    Ok, so, I tried coming up with a backstory. Here's what I came up with:

New World

As I walk around the Realms these days, I usually hear about the fight between good and evil — between the two royal sisters of Free Realms, Queen Ayani and Queen Darkthorne. I mean, you would have thought this wouldn't affect any citizen in the Realms, right? Yes, right, until recently. Lately, it seems as though the more fighting that happens between them, the more a dangerous storm starts brewing.

What? What's going on? Why are Ayani's and Darkthorne's armies charging towards each other? A battle cry every few seconds — no! This can't be happening! Not now! The thunder rolls...the battle begins!

CRASH!
    Lightning strikes!
    The thunder hoarsely yells!

Wha—what's that funnel in the sky? No, it can't be! It's a... "Everybody, take cover!" I hear someone exclaim. I found the closest and safest spot there was. I crouched down and put my hands over my head as quickly as I could!

The tornado touched down! It wiped EVERYTHING out — towns, forests...everything.

What will happen now? What will become of this?

So, yep, that's what I wrote....
    Was it good? Bad? Eh? Cheesy?
    Any suggestions? Comments? =D
    Here's a comment.

EDIT your posts once in a while. Trust me on this: Because it won't look like you're spamming your own forum... Which I know you're not, but edit your posts sometimes. We all do it. So... why not you?

And I think it's pretty good though.

I do edit my posts...most of the time actually.
    I couldn't then because I was on my phone, and long story short: it was freezing up.
    Thanks for the comment.

Any others?

Celestina Corinne

Inua is offline Master Gamer

Be my pleasure to enter this Role Play. :3 Name: Inua Gender: Female Character Type: Khajiit/Human Character's age: 13 Appearance: Brown hair, hazel eyes, and skinny. Pale; tan some Personality: Loyal and curious Job/Career: High Priest/past job thief (I am not proud of it, but I did.) Home Realm: Black Spores/Shrouded Glade A Brief History: Took in away from my mother at three. Father was killed during the process. Raised as a thief, belief that she was my real mother, and transformed part Khajiit. Went back to my real mother. Learned my ways of a high priest and killed my Khajiit mother, but the gift my real mother mother gave me when I returned was healing waters from Shrouded Glade; cracked during the battle and a drop of the crystalline water dropped on the wound and healed her. When I walked away and came back. There was blood on the floor and a note that said: "My sweet child, I will rise again and be back for you when you are ready. You will always be accepted back to the clan. I want you to know I love you, but we must part now. Whenever, they fail you. I will be there. May you walk on warm sand." The paper was all torn and bloody. I stuck it in my shirt and walked out and said the war was over, but knowing my Khajiit mother was still out there. (Sorry, if that was long. You see the book I wrote on this. xD)
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

One question: Aren't the two sister queens of the real Queen Valerian and Queens Darkthorne? I thought Ayani was the creator of Sanctuary?

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Thank you for your interest in starting a role play! this discussion should be kept to the Role Play Discussion Thread, or in PMs to the co-owner you may have in mind. Thank you once again, but this can get confusing for everyone.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.