Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Rowan Guest

Default Lincoln's Birthday Chat Tuesday Feb 12th

Hello Kookeys!

Today is President Abraham Lincoln's birthday. He was born Feb 12, 1809 in a log cabin in Kentucky. Abraham Lincoln was America's 16th president. He was self taught and did not go to college.

He stands out as a statesman of noble vision, great humanity, and remarkable political skill and he is regarded as a foremost symbol of American democracy.

I've been to his home in Illinois, has anyone been to the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.?

Kali Spiritglen is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Lincoln's Birthday Chat Tuesday Feb 12th

Good Morning, Freya!
    I have been to Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. --- I have also been to his birthplace in Hodgenville, KY. Both times it was on a school trip. Later, as an adult, I visited his home in IL.

It's snowing here again today. I'm getting really tired of snow. I want crocus, and jonquils, and green grass!

Have a good day everyone.

Uppies is offline Amateur Gamer

I have been to the Lincoln Memorial in D.C., it is amazing.

Bearlover, we have snow too. Much more than I was expecting.

Time to go play in the snow!

Ariel Guest

It's snowing here too. Before when I was in school I did a power point slide show on Lincoln and I loved it! I haven't been to the Memorial yet but I want to

Kali Spiritglen is offline Amateur Gamer

Ariel --- plan a vacation -- You'll love D.C. --- so much neat stuff with the museums and memorials. I took my kids when they were in high school and we had a wonderful time. Educational, but fun.

Uppies, it sounds like you enjoy the snow -- wish I could send you mine. I grew up in southern Indiana where snow was a special event. Now I'm in southern Wisconsin and this year snow has been a weekly event. I can handle the cold, but I really hate driving in the snow and playing in it isn't even something I would consider. getting old, lol

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Snowing here too. ANother snow day for the kiddies, (but they still practice bb)

I've also been to the Lincoln Memorial. It was wonderful. Everyone should make a few trips to DC in their lifetime. if possible.

Alidog96 Guest

I have never been to the Licoln mermorail or his house.

blubbleslatte Guest

No snow Wasn't he the one to LIE about the cherry tree? LOL Just Kidding that was G.W

Alidog96 Guest

That wasn't funny. Abraham Licoln is like my fav. president.

Uppies is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by bearlover View Post
    Uppies, it sounds like you enjoy the snow -- wish I could send you mine. I grew up in southern Indiana where snow was a special event. Now I'm in southern Wisconsin and this year snow has been a weekly event. I can handle the cold, but I really hate driving in the snow and playing in it isn't even something I would consider. getting old, lol
    I graduated high school in a small town in SE Indiana.