Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By Lucieno
  • 2 Post By Kayopuro
  • 2 Post By 3poindy
  • 3 Post By Annie Hawkclaw

Title: I've been feeling really nostalgic for FreeRealms lately.

Lucieno is offline Amateur Gamer

Default I've been feeling really nostalgic for FreeRealms lately.

I don't know if this site gets much traffic any more. It's been almost exactly 9 months since FreeRealms closed. I really want to rant about my time in FreeRealms. Feel free to read it, or not. Feel free to post your own stories, or not.

I signed up on May 18, 2010. I was 10 years old. I spent most of the Summer of 2010 playing FreeRealms from dawn to dusk. I must have spent hundreds of dollars of my parents' money on FreeRealms, but I don't regret it one bit.

Some of my fondest, saddest, and most nostalgic memories have been tied to FreeRealms. In late 2010, my grandfather passed away. If any of you were members of Mystic Mayhem back then, you might remember that I posted a topic talking about how my paw-paw had passed away. I spent most of that Winter curled up in a comforter on my desk chair, playing FreeRealms and posting on Mystic Mayhem.

Losing my paw-paw changed me. In school, I started hanging out with the wrong crowd. But I was only 11, so we didn't do anything too dangerous. I became a little more bitter and a little less likely to hold my tongue if I didn't like someone. This led to me getting in trouble with the Mystic Mayhem staff quite a few times. I also got suspended from FreeRealms twice.

I joined Mystic Mayhem when it was still pretty new. The rules were much more lenient then, and the site attracted intelligent and decent people. I loved it back then. In my emotional tirades that I sent to Zadira Kindleriver later in 2012 and 2013, I always referred to that era as the "golden age". As time went by, the staff tried to make Mystic Mayhem more "child-friendly" by making the rules stupidly strict. The site started to attract idiots and small children. It burned me inside to see the site I loved so much go downhill. I became even more bitter and started to take out my frustration on the other members of Mystic Mayhem.

Rozzo, Jake, Ash, and I created a community parallel to Mystic Mayhem called Fuzzy Mumpkins. We posted whatever we wanted there, but the 4 of us were the only main members. We attacked MM pretty often, flaming and spamming. Some of you might remember the MM Memes videos we created. We were so full of vitriol.

I've mellowed out with age and made sense of my life. I truly regret some of the things I've done. I created such a terrible reputation on Mystic Mayhem and, to a lesser extent, the Official Forums and here at FRI. I wish I hadn't been such a jerk on those forums, but oh well. What's done is done.

Unfortunately, the Gloam Invasion and Sunstone Valley weren't enough to keep FreeRealms alive. By the time FreeRealms closed, I had nearly 1,500 hours logged. To this day, I've never spent more time playing any game. I've never played another MMO because they're just too emotionally and financially draining. I can only imagine how the RuneScape and World of Warcraft veterans feel. They've been playing those games for far longer than I played FreeRealms.

In closing, I'll never forget the people I've met, the friendships I've forged, or the amazing world I've explored while playing FreeRealms. I doubt I'd be nearly as fluent or intelligent as I now am without having FreeRealms introduce me to the internet. I consider myself lucky to be one of the thousands of people who have been eternally branded by FreeRealms. I wish nothing but the best for everyone I've ever met playing this game, even if I didn't act like it in the past.

PS: I'd love to read everyone else's stories if you'd like to post them.

4aj0RvM.jpg
    Last edited by Lucieno; 01-03-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: I've been feeling really nostalgic for FreeRealms lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucieno View Post
    In closing, I'll never forget the people I've met, the friendships I've forged, or the amazing world I've explored while playing FreeRealms. I doubt I'd be nearly as fluent or intelligent as I now am without having FreeRealms introduce me to the internet. I consider myself lucky to be one of the thousands of people who have been eternally branded by FreeRealms. I wish nothing but the best for everyone I've ever met playing this game, even if I didn't act like it in the past
    preach it <3
    Brett Firemumbles and Mizzila like this.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

3poindy is offline Amateur Gamer

*sniffles*
    Brett Firemumbles and Mizzila like this.
    IGN: Lionpaw OfThunderclan (Might soon be changed, but that is my current name)

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Every now and then I have to take a look back at this site to remind me of all the good memories I had here. I am proud to have been a part of this guild and this community, even after the game itself shutdown.

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)