Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer

Default I was quitting Free Realms... but then a miracle happened!

Hello all, I know most of you have never really gotten to know me, as I've only been here since the end of February. I had actually been reading the forums since early November, but it would not let me make an account until then.
    I have been playing Free Realms for nearly 11 months now, but it's starting to lose its appeal to me. I remember when I first started playing in early June; all of it seemed so new and exciting. I remember the tutorial that there used to be, with the pig that you were supposed to put back in his fence. I remember running in circles at Crossroads before I knew there was a map, and trying out the pet that I later bought when I got my first Station Cash. I went to Blackspore for my brawler quest and attempted to fight a toad(level 2 difficulty) as a level one brawler. That was when you still had to run to a warpstone before you unlocked it. I discovered the atlas while in Snowhill and immediately found my way to Seaside, since that was in summertime and I wanted to go to a beach. Back then, I had canned chat and did not know there was any other type of chat.
    I quit playing Free Realms for about two weeks, but then came back and decided I wanted to become a member. When I did become a member, the first thing I did was create my new character Diana Starfire. Later on that day, I made my original third character, Aqua Grey. I had those two characters for about a month and a half, but then thought of some "better" names for characters and ended up deleting Diana Starfire. Less than a month later, I deleted Aqua Grey as well. I now had two human female alts called Sera Starr and Xenophilia. About two days after I made Xenophilia, style cards were introduced to Free Realms. I was content with my three human females through the whole month of October, but then began to have doubts at about the same time that Free Realms announced the job restrictions for characters created after November 1st. Twenty days later, I deleted Sera Starr and remade Diana Starfire.
    My best memories of Free Realms were those first few days that I had Diana Starfire. I remember gaining thirty-five levels on her during that first day. I had a lot of fun experimenting with clothes on a pixie, since it had been nearly 4 months since I had had one. Pixies, it turned out, did more interesting things than humans when trying on different clothes. I got some Station Cash a week later, and spent nearly all of it on Diana. From November 21st to December 14th, I had more fun with Free Realms than I had ever had with any other online game before.
    Then came the Snow Days update. At first it seemed great; I could buy all kinds of clothes that before had been rare and hard to get. But then, something happened. While my brother was playing on December 15th, 2009, the computer turned itself off. When we turned it back on, it said there had been a serious error and that the computer had restarted itself to protect files. We didn't consider that a big deal, and tried to get back on Free Realms. But when we went to my profile and clicked Play Now, it said "Launching Free Realms!" and then went back to my profile. It said "Game Running" for a few seconds but then showed the Play Now button again. The game never came up.
    For a few days I was forced to use our very slow other computer, and during that time period I was given free chat. Then my parents got me a new computer for Christmas. It had Windows 7 and was very fast loading Free Realms. For a while, Free Realms was very fun and entertaining. I was able to max all four of the combat jobs that I had not already maxed within a week using the new combat system.
    But then I began to have doubts about my characters. As I mentioned above, Diana Starfire had been my original second character, but Xenophilia was currently in that spot. And I wanted another pixie very badly. I ended up deleting Xenophilia a few days later for another pixie, who I later deleted for another pixie. I had that pixie, Aurora Shadowhaven, for about a month. But then I started to want Xenophilia back. I deleted Aurora, created a new human, and attempted to name her Xenophilia. But apparently, the name Xenophilia was "inappropriate" and no matter what I said, Referee Opal would not let me have it. I ended up deleting that human for a bunch of other pixies, who were all deleted before they could even earn their 20th level.
    I also did not like the new treasure ticket system. I earned a good many tickets from fighting, and I spent them all on the freestyle chest. By the time I had finished, I had at least ten of every item.
    I continued to level, and made it onto the leaderboards for the most stars. But then my parents banned me from Free Realms for almost a month. During that time, I kind of lost interest in the game. I eventually came back, but couldn't get myself back into it.
    On top of that, I had been having some problems in real life. I have Asperger Syndrome, and I have to take medicine for it. My family has recently been trying to find the right medicine, but they all affected how long I slept in odd ways.
    My grandfather also died on Sunday. My grandmother and I had been shopping for physical tcg packs, but we tried two places with no luck. As we drove back to my neighborhood, my grandmother said she would ask my grandfather if he knew any good comic stores that might sell them when she got home. We were about to turn into my driveway when I asked if I could come home with her for a while. She said yes, and that my grandfather would be happy to see me. When we got back to her house, we found him dead on the couch. He had had lots of health problems, and was 75 years old, but no one had expected him to die so soon.
    I will try to stay active on here, but will probably cancel my Free Realms membership and quit playing for a while. I will, most likely, come back to Free Realms at some point over the summer.
    My Free Realms experience was great, but I know I should move on now to other, more important things. I will keep going on Free Realms Insider no matter what, even if my activity is at 0%. Thank you all for making my Free Realms Insider experience so much fun, and I hope you have fun at the 1 year celebration.
    Edit: My old computer started working again today! I might not be quitting after all!
    Last edited by DawnSeastar; 04-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Meagan Goldlight is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: I am quitting Free Realms...

Oh noes, we'll miss you Dawn!

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

WoW...sorry to hear that
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Trademarked is offline Master Gamer

...See you Dawn, You will be missed.
    Jordan Trademarked
    <Insiders>
    The Official Canadian Insider.

AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

I hate it when people quit, because then you will never see them again, because they could be at the opposite end of the world. I didn't know you very well, but you will be missed.
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Aww... I'm sorry for your grandfather...I didn't even get to KNOW my grandfather..he died when my mom was 6..He drowned...

And i'm also sorry you'll be leaving FR...you WILL be missed...

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE J√ĄGER

Nate is offline Master Gamer

I don't know who you are....but I'm very sad that alot of people are leaving. Free Realms has to make a business but they can't egg us for tons of money....I understand why you are quitting, now that I read that I want to quit too. Your it's no fun anymore.

DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
    Aww... I'm sorry for your grandfather...I didn't even get to KNOW my grandfather..he died when my mom was 6..He drowned...
    My other grandfather died before I was born...so now I only have two grandmothers...
    My grandfather who recently died always said I was his favorite...I'm sad, but at least I know he's in a better place now.

Eladwodahs Alim is offline Master Gamer

Oh Dawn, I am truly sorry you had to find your grandfather like that. I can not even begin to imagine what you and your grandmother are going through, not to mention the rest of the family. My condolences to your entire family.

We will all be here if you need a laugh, to vent or just catch-up on Free Realms (least of your worries right now). Take care.
    Nothing is permanent.

Buddha

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Aww, you will be missed sorry to hear that too i have Mild add so were not that different
    well i dnot have add anymore as i found out today i have something else, it makes me sometimes not really think about what i am saying which gets other peopel annoyed sometimes
    Last edited by lolaya; 04-21-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast